Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I've been getting radiation treatments for the past 4 weeks.

This is the second time I've gone under the machine. This one is a Trilogy unit with three articulated arms and a zapper dome. What I'm surprised by is the amount of gas I'm developing after my treatments. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this side effect? I still manage to control the gas, but some evenings I just ppppppptt all night long. I've only got a couple of dozen treatments to go. If any of you experienced this, and found a way around it, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

I'm writing a country western tune about my situation, "The Gas In My Ass Forces Me To Miss You More."

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

Nope. I just felt tired in the last couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

Radiation treatment makes you gassy? Weird.

I hope you guys both get better soon. Best wishes, sincerely.

by Anonymousreply 202/22/2013

Yes, radiation can make one gassy. When the beam is focused in the intestinal area there can be some overlap and fecal matter can be "affected" resulting in gal and sometimes even a change in stool consistency.

I'm down to just 12 more treatments. That's just two weeks and two days. Then, I can go home and die from something else;)

by Anonymousreply 302/23/2013

Hope you're both feeling OK.

OP, what do you do to pass the time in the hospital. I can't even imagine being cooped up that long.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

R4, radiation is usually out-patient treatment -- Mon through Fri for several weeks, but it only takes a couple of minutes.

Best of luck to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

I think you've endured enough with the radiation to worry about the gas. Blast away.

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!