Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If it's "her body her choice," why not "his body his choice" re circumcision?

This topic came up in the "Can we do abortion next?" thread.

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 8606/05/2013

I agree 100% with r1.

OP/r2, you are a freak and you need psychiatric help. Go there instead of posting here.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

OP here. I have no opinion about this. I offered to start this thread for the person who brought the topic up in the abortion thread so that one wouldn't get derailed.

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

The obvious reason is that circumcision is done when the baby is only a few days old. A baby is not really able to make the decision, is he?

I know several men who have had to be circumcised as adults. It is extremely painful and the recover is very unpleasant. It is nothing like having it done when a baby is a few days old. The two cannot be compared. (And oddly enough, it seems that adult circumcision for medical reasons is not that unusual which seems to be an argument for infant circumcision. and don't argue that it is an American thing. I have known men in Ireland, Denmark, Germany, and Panama who have had to have it done.)

by Anonymousreply 502/21/2013

he'll thank me later

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2013

That's what ze Germans were discussing some months ago

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2013

You've been scammed by the circumcision troll, OP.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013

Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2013

[quote]OP here. I have no opinion about this.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, you don't.

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

Because newborn girls don't get pregnant, let alone get abortions.

But you knew that. (I hope!)

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

Getting a male infant circumcised is going to guarantee him receiving more blow jobs later in life!

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

True, R12

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

Try hundreds of thousands of nerve endings, R14.

by Anonymousreply 1502/21/2013

Speaking for myself, and I am unanimous in this, I couldn't be happier I was circumcised. The bigger head and lack of "cheese" and odor are a great trade off. I have never had trouble blowing 3 or 4 loads a day. Maybe I could do 6 to 7 if I wasn't circumcised, but fuck I have to work some time.

by Anonymousreply 1602/21/2013

What does an uncircumcised dick smell like? I've never encountered one.

by Anonymousreply 1702/21/2013

If clean - just like any other. If not, there is a layer of "cheese" that smells like hot sick, ass, and a dead carcass.

by Anonymousreply 1802/21/2013

R17 - like soap and water, if the guy I used to date is representative. Bad hygiene is not exclusive to the uncircumcised.

by Anonymousreply 1902/21/2013

Militant anti-abortionists = militant anti-circumcision trolls.

Same fanatics, different topic. Both should be ostracized.

by Anonymousreply 2002/21/2013

OP? Ask your parents, not us. WE didn't circumcise you.

by Anonymousreply 2102/21/2013

All of you are losers with SMALL penises.

I have a big dick and I'm uncut. I've NEVER had anyone object to sucking me off. EVER! In fact, 99.9% of guys go crazy over my dick and how "perfect" it is. I know for a fact they would react the same way if I had been circumcised.

I love being UC. I can have multiple orgasms, make my own lube, and never have problems staying hard. Maybe that's just me or maybe that's because I'm uncut. When it comes to dating/hooking up with other guys, I don't care if they are uc or not. I've seen some uncut dicks that were ugly as hell and some that got me harder than I could imagine. I've seen cut dicks that look disfigured and some cut dicks that drove me crazy.

When I first came out, I didn't know what UC meant. I thought cut= in shape and uncut= fat, so I would tell guys I was "cut." I would have some guys tell me they only liked cut yet when they had me in person they never said shit about my extra skin. At the time I was clueless about it, but now I look back and find it funny. All those anti-uc trolls would be down on their knees once they saw my fat dick.

When I come on here and read about all these extreme anti-uc or pro-uc trolls, I just imagine losers with small penises who are miserable about what they have.

Beautiful and ugly dicks come in all variations. Some are UC and some are cut. Maybe if you weren't all losers stuck in your mom's basement you'd know that.

by Anonymousreply 2202/21/2013

I had a prepuce transplant and associated reconstruction surgery two years ago, in which they used harvested tissue from an accident victim. It took quite a long time to "work." When I'd have an erection the foreskin wouldn't stretch and I had to apply ice and, one time, go to the ER to avoid glans strangulation. But now things are fine, although I still have to take anti-rejection drugs. Really, the only issue I've had is that the donor was a different race than I am, so when people see it there's a little confusion. I met the donor's family and they were shocked, too, and there was some discussion about taking the prepuce back because they weren't sure, frankly, that the heterosexual donor, who was a deacon in his church, would be comfortable with men licking his tissue or my having anal sex with the penis the foreskin is attached to. The doctors told them they didn't have a case and they quieted down. I mean, it's not like I took his whole penis. The foreskin also is a little loose, which I assume is because the donor's penis stretched it out some.

And I could have avoided all this if my parents hadn't automatically circumcised me at birth.

by Anonymousreply 2302/21/2013

If an adult wants to get circumcised--or not--it IS "his body, his choice." There's no law about it. No one is going to force the guy to do it, or prevent him from doing it.

With a newborn baby, it's still a matter of choice, but the choice is the baby's parents' for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 2402/21/2013

R24. Circumcision should not be the parents' decision. They're not qualified to decide such a thing and either are American doctors. In addition, it's not necessary that an infant boy's penis be cut. Besides, the only person making the decision should be the owner of foreskin as an adult. And the vast majority of adult men would never choose to be circumcised due to the sexual pleasure the foreskin provides.

The issue is preserving genital integrity and having the male remain intact as they were born, not cutting another person's genitals. They can't cut girls; they shouldn't be allowed to cut boys. If at a later date, there is a foreskin problem, the issue can be handled individually just as it would be with tonsils--a surgery that has been largely abandoned unless necessary.

The vast majority of males (98-99 percent) will never need to be cut. And even the small percentage who have an issue with the foreskin, many times it can be solved without cutting. An infant boy's foreskin is easily maintained and requires next to no care. Once it begins to retract from the glans and slide easily back and forth as a boy, washing your genitals is as easy as washing any other body part. The civilized thing to do is to leave boys' penises alone.

by Anonymousreply 2502/21/2013

If I see a foreskin, I will NOT suck it. If I see a beautiful, big headed circumcised cock - I go down like the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 2802/21/2013

[quote] In addition, it's not necessary that an infant boy's penis be cut.

Whoa! Even the most rabid anti-circ advocates admit that in some cases it *IS* medically necessary. The issue is ROUTINE infant circumcision.

by Anonymousreply 2902/21/2013

Neither are women who abort, moron at r26.

by Anonymousreply 3002/21/2013

R29. No, it is not medically necessary to cut an infant boy's foreskin. If there is a reason to cut (which despite anecdotal stories, it is relatively rare), it does not become apparent until later--and hardly ever as infant. And the solution is not always circumcison. There are other ways to treat a problem with the foreskin if necessary. And statistically speaking, most males will never have a reason to cut and will have their foreskin for life with no medical problems--and no hygiene problems either.

by Anonymousreply 3102/21/2013

[quote]Circumcision should not be the parents' decision.

Perhaps not, but my point was that the argument against circumcision is not analogous to the argument in favor of abortion rights. Pro-choice advocates want to make sure that having a baby, or not, remains a personal, individual decision, and not something mandated by the law. Anti-circumcision advocates want to take something that's currently a personal, individual choice and pass a law against it.

by Anonymousreply 3202/21/2013

R32, I don't understand your reasoning at all. In what way is it one's choice to do with one's body as one wishes - the pro-choice position with regard to women's bodies and abortion - if one's parents decide for him?

By that logic, a woman's - or for that matter young girl's - anti-abortion Catholic parents have the right to decide for her to carry an unwanted baby to term.

by Anonymousreply 3302/21/2013

R32, I think you'd have a hard time finding someone in the anti-circ camp who want laws preventing adult men from having the "personal choice" to get circumcised. They're against the involuntary circumcision of newborns who don't get a say in the matter. Or is the "personal choice" of others - parents, doctors, clergy - more important than the personal choice of the person whose body is affected?

by Anonymousreply 3402/21/2013

I was circumcised and didn't realize it until I was in my teens (I am 58). At that time I asked my mother about it and she simply replied that circumcision was standard procedure in many American hospitals in the 1950s and 60s. I wasn't resentful, but was somewhat puzzled as to why removal of a foreskin seemed necessary if it wasn't for a religious reason (I'm not Jewish or Muslim). I never thought about it much after that and I don't have much problem being circumcised although I do find uncircumcised penises rather interesting, I mean, nature must have meant it to be there for some reason right? I can understand the hygenic argument though as some men are disgustingly lax both front and back down there. I understand that if you have an intact foreskin you must make sure it is clean after urination as leftover urine remaining lodged underneath the foreskin contributes to cockcheese. In this way, men have to be as attentive to cleanliness here as women have to be with their vaginas during menstrual periods or after they urinate. Is it true that uncircumcised men run a greater risk of urinary tract infections?

by Anonymousreply 3502/22/2013

Is it true that most, if not all, health insurances won't pay for circumcision of infant boys? I'm fairly sure they don't pay for abortions either do they?

by Anonymousreply 3602/22/2013

If you think this OP than get to organizing the newborns of the world to protect the integrity of their precious bodies!

by Anonymousreply 3702/22/2013

If it has to be "cut off" I certainly would like to have some say in the matter...

by Anonymousreply 3802/22/2013

Yes, it absolutely should be the person's choice and the circumcision of infants/children has got to stop. For the rare cases in which the foreskin really needs surgery, there are better options now than cutting the whole thing off, they are just not widely performed because circumcision is considered normal and the medical community moves sloooowly.

by Anonymousreply 3902/22/2013

R39 Every night, when I get down on my knees to pray, I include a little prayer of gratitude that my parents had my head hider removed when I was an infant.

Sorry yours didn't.

by Anonymousreply 4002/22/2013

R40 - Sing it louder sister!

by Anonymousreply 4102/22/2013

Brainwashing at it's finest!

by Anonymousreply 4202/22/2013

Its.

by Anonymousreply 4302/22/2013

my doctor did a good job so I have no complaints.

by Anonymousreply 4402/22/2013

R41 Louder, sister. As loud as I can make it. "Yaaaaaaaaaaaay circumcisedness."

by Anonymousreply 4502/22/2013

Some of you are protesting just a tad too much.

by Anonymousreply 4602/22/2013

LOL at R23

by Anonymousreply 4802/22/2013

Because carrying a baby to term is a great deal more to impose on human beings against their will than going through life in the absence of a tiny piece of skin at the end of their dicks.

next!

by Anonymousreply 4902/22/2013

People would NOT say that if it was little girls who routinely got something cut from their genitals to look more presentable and help with cleanliness. This happening in the USA would be feminism's number one topic by far.

It's ludicrous that you can do it to little boys.

by Anonymousreply 5002/22/2013

Yes, R50, if by "ludicrous" what you mean is "loving."

by Anonymousreply 5102/22/2013

Christ, the anti-circ "you're disfigured" trolls are so TIRESOME. Get over it. Some people are, some people aren't. The important thing is that it's COCK.

by Anonymousreply 5202/22/2013

R45/R47/R51 you are the best argument against circumcision that you could possibly know. But of course you don't know.

by Anonymousreply 5302/22/2013

R53 You're right. I have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5402/22/2013

Guys who talk about problems keeping uncut cocks clean must not bathe much.

by Anonymousreply 5506/04/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5606/04/2013

[quote]Guys who talk about problems keeping uncut cocks clean must not bathe much.

You're either a liar or an idiot. I'm guessing it's the former. The stink starts shortly after the shower.

by Anonymousreply 5706/04/2013

This pic should be posted at the beginning of any circumcision thread.

by Anonymousreply 5806/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 5906/04/2013

R50 so true. The prepuce is the analog to the foreskin can you imagine if that had to be cut off to keep it clean? Every cunt would shriek like a harpie up and down for eons about this.

R57 No it doesn't! They cut your foreskin BUT it seems that they cut your brain stem to boot!

by Anonymousreply 6006/04/2013

r59 is typical of the anti-circ loons. Once they step outside of their programmed talking points, they've got nothing left but hurling baseless insults.

by Anonymousreply 6106/04/2013

Any caring parent wants to provide a good future for their son. Part of that is saving them from the embarrassment of gearing up for fucking, pulling out their cock and having flecks of cheese fall out and the stench of 1,000 dead skunks overpower their potential partner.

by Anonymousreply 6206/04/2013

[quote]If it's "her body her choice," why not "his body his choice" re circumcision?

Heck, why not let kids decide what they want to eat, even if it's a steady diet of Pop-Tarts and orange soda?

Why not let them decide whether they want to go to school? (That should save the taxpayers a lot of money.)

Let's let them make all of their own choices. Knowing they'll only live a couple of years would definitely remove any onus from abortion.

by Anonymousreply 6306/04/2013

Circumcision is similar to removing the umbilical cord. To not do it is uncvilized.

by Anonymousreply 6406/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 6506/04/2013

It is done with consent, that of the child's parent(s).

by Anonymousreply 6606/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 6706/04/2013

r67, you've already been covered in r61.

by Anonymousreply 6806/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 6906/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 7006/04/2013

R69, your missing foreskin is the least of your problems.

by Anonymousreply 7106/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 7206/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 7306/04/2013

r61 was correct. The anti-circ freaks are just robots with a few wind-up toy phrases. I'm surprised their creators didn't put more effort into their programs so that they would sound a bit more literate and less unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 7406/04/2013

Because their creators are as lacking as they are, R74?

by Anonymousreply 7506/04/2013

Holy crap. I clicked troll-dar on r72 got blasted with a page full of yellow.

by Anonymousreply 7606/04/2013

[quote]Holy crap. I clicked troll-dar on [R72] got blasted with a page full of yellow.

LOL. That's smegma.

by Anonymousreply 7706/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 7806/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 7906/04/2013

I was having this argument with two lesbian recently. They asked why my baby boy wasn't cut and I said it's up to him. Then they prattled about precautionary cancer ( debunked). Why not cut off your tits it it's about precautionary cancer? They freaked. (It's totally different, they said. REALLY? ) (This was before Angelia did it...) The head of the penis is should be INSIDE THE BODY, like eyelids, I said, so,l why don't we cut off all out eyelids, too? Men are born with foreskin for are reason, like eyelids. Then I launched into all the reasons why we shouldn't have the child cut. I said I felt like I have been mutilated since my father is U/C and I am cut. I told them my mother said IN THOSE DAYS the doctor's just cut all the babies. Then she had the overies (she doesn't have balls!) to say "What about the fecal matter?" What? Where are we? In the Neanderthal times? Like there is no running water in Brooklyn? Isn't a twat more dirty then a dick, especially when trying to keep both the asshole and twat clean? ( I know the ones I smelled ALWAYS smelled worse then any uncut dick II've smelled.) Why not cut off your twat? How about cutting dogs and cats? You know, to keep them clean... Well, the conversation went from bad to worse. Basically, this LESBIAN just didn't like the way dicks looked uncut, so, she thinks baby boys should be mutilated. Needless to say, I haven't seen these bitches since. Go circumcise your fucking daughter!

by Anonymousreply 8006/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 8106/04/2013

"I know several men who have had to be circumcised as adults."

Unless you're a urologist, no, you don't.

Why do people always tell that stupid lie?

I've lived for 57 years in Chicago and Los Angeles and I've never met anyone who was circumcized as an adult.

If you want to argue for circumcision, do so on its actual merits, and quit making shit up.

Makes me think that you don't really have a case for circumcision.

by Anonymousreply 8206/04/2013

[QUOTE]Circumcision is similar to removing the umbilical cord. To not do it is uncvilized

What? The umbilical cord falls off after a couple of days, You wait for that and keep it clean. Obviously you don't carry the placenta around with the child since that would be unpractical, but if you did that, it would still all fall off after a couple of days. That's because it's not part of the person's body.

by Anonymousreply 8306/04/2013

[quote]"I know several men who have had to be circumcised as adults."

The most common complaint that often results in adult circumcision is a too-tight foreskin. Cutting off the foreskin because it's tight is like cutting off your foot because your shoe doesn't fit. There are other, less invasive methods for loosening up the foreskin including stretching two or three times a day. That should work in a month or two.

If that doesn't work, the next step is stretching with a steroid cream.

Another method is a preputioplasty where a small snip is made to the foreskin in an up and down direction and then sewn up in an across direction. This is a pretty minor procedure and heals quickly.

by Anonymousreply 8406/04/2013

There is hope! I am going to order a couple of these devices to have around just in case.

Yay PrePex

by Anonymousreply 8506/05/2013

Because adult males with foreskins do have the choice to be circumcised or not and infants don't get pregnant.

Now, if you want to make the argument that circumcision on little boys is wrong, that's fine, you may be able to persuade people that it is. But your analogy to abortion rights is misplaced as abortion rights only affect adult women.

by Anonymousreply 8606/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.