Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can you watch the Academy Awards live on the computer?

or do you need a tv?

I would like to see it but no tv here.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013

"I don't even OWN a TV!"

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

So if you don't own one R1 I wont' come to your house and watch.

But to get back to the question can you watch them on the computer?

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

OP, if you're asking whether the network will provide a live stream, no. But there are probably unofficial streams available, albeit of variable quality. I'd google "Academy Awards live stream" on the day of the event to see what's out there.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

There might be a back stage stream available. Be wary of any website that tells you they can connect you to a live stream. They are scams that require you to sign up. There is no live stream.

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

There are always online feeds of local broadcast ntwork stations. Google "Watch ABC online live" and somewhere in the first 5 pages will be a working link.

Do not subscribe to anything or download additional software, just keep clicking through those until one actually works. You will have to wait through a few/several pop up ads before you get one to work, but that's what you get for free TV.

Or - go spend $100 on a new little TV. ABC is free on the air.

by Anonymousreply 502/21/2013

I have a friend who will be attending - he works for the Academy and will be backstage and he has promised to hook up a camera on his jacket so I can watch the proceedings in a candid, behind-the-scenes way.

I'm really excited! I hope Julia Roberts farts and pulls her panties out of her ass crack before swooping out. (I think she's presenting.)

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2013

I have a month between jobs and am not spending money for a tv at this point.

However I will try to find a live ABC, thanks for the advice.

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2013

OP, heed R5's advice about not subscribing or downloading, and I'll add, use and ad blocker. "Free" tv sites can deliver malware along with your live stream. And use WOT or a comparable website safety rating service in deciding which stream to use.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!