Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tim Tebow Cancels Speaking Engagement At Dallas Hate Church

FEB 21, 2013

The First Baptist Church of Dallas was all set to welcome Tim Tebow for a little talk on April 28, but then the thoughts of the megachurch's pastor, Robert Jeffress, made their way to the heathen media, which was all too eager to spread the word.

Jeffress's brand of ecumenism—Jews, gays, and Mormons are all going to hell; Catholicism is a satanic cult; Islam promotes pedophilia; Barack Obama is "paving the way for the future of the Anitchrist"— doesn't seem to discriminate much in its application of intolerance. But the hubbub eventually proved to be too much for Tebow, who took to Twitter this morning to announce he was backing out of the gig:

[quote]While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ's unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic...

[quote]... First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my...

[quote]...upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those...

[quote]...needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2013

Good for him, he just way up in my estimation.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

Does Tebow have a future with the gays afterall?

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

He has a future AS a gay, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

Well, his football future ain't lookin too bright, he might as well throw in with the gays now.

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

The Jewish are much more humanitarian than the fundies.

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2013

R5 your mistake is in thinking the First Baptist Church is standing up for standard Christian beliefs. They're anti Islam, Jews, Mormons, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists. They've tied pedophilia to Islams.

That Tim Tebow needs to preach at an anti gay church to gain your respect says a lot about you. Maybe consider psychological counseling for your self hate.

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2013

Wow. That's not the First Baptist Dallas that I remember. I was never a member, and I left Dallas 15 years ago, but I do remember going there during the holidays for the "Living Christmas Tree" - members of the choir actually in a giant Christmas tree. Though conservative and I knew it, those holiday services were kind of fun and they certainly didn't preach such widespread hate back then.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013

Good for Tim. He's looking for a team to be with and he probably doesn't want to associate himself with serious controversy.

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2013

"This is why I like jewish people more than Christians. They stand up for what they believe in. They all tell me how they are praying for my soul."

You are batshit insane r5 please seek help. Jews NEVER tell people they are "praying for your soul" that is Xtian!

Fuck. I hope no on on this thread thinks that r5 knows any REAL Jews.

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

I despise his Christianity-pimping, but I find him quite boner-inducing and highly suspect he enjoys manass.

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

This guy is not a top player in the NFL but is one of the most famous names in it. WTF. Is he so famous just because he's so religious?

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Damage control, he wasn't the one who exposed this church, it had already been outed as a hate church in the media. Tebow doesn't want to be associated with it now that it's been exposed, but probably wouldn't have cared otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

Listen R10, I know many Jewish families. I grew with them. Was close to several until they found out I was gay. And yes,tThey most certainly do pray for my soul. My best friend from childhood is still my best friend. He has taken alot of shit for it but he has stood by me. He too tells me he prays for my sou.l All the time. My experience has showed me that Jewish people are heads and sholders above Christians. Who I find to be fake and willing to just tell you what you want to hear. Sorry, I'll take honest Jewish people over fake Christaians anyday.

by Anonymousreply 1402/21/2013

R14, you do realize that there are different sects withing Judaism, right?

by Anonymousreply 1502/21/2013

R15, I am not Jewish. But i'm sure you're right. I'll still take an honest Jewish person willing to admit how they really feel over a fake Christian only willing to say whats PC. As I said, my best friend has taken alot of shit from his family because he wouldn't cut ties with me. That goes along way in my book. Anyway sorry for typo's in the posts Iv'e made.

by Anonymousreply 1602/21/2013

These are telling quotes from the linked CNN article:

"Jeffress pointed out that Tebow is a member of the First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, a fellow SBC church.

'They certainly believe what we do, that salvation is through Christ alone, and about homosexuality. Tim confirmed that to me last night, that they believe exactly what we do about homosexuality.'”

by Anonymousreply 1702/21/2013

Not a Tebow fan, but am really glad he backed out of this hater's church thing.Jeffress is a shit stain.

by Anonymousreply 1802/21/2013

I can't stand Jeffress...what kind of name is that?

by Anonymousreply 1902/21/2013

Reverend Bitchass lashes out at Tebow for canceling:

[quote]“I am grateful for men of God like these who are willing to stand up and act like men rather than wimping out when it gets a little controversial and an inconvenient thing to stand for the truth,” Jeffress said, via USA Today. “God bless men like that.

by Anonymousreply 2002/28/2013

It's always nice to see those hate-mongers get in a tizzy and look foolish.

by Anonymousreply 2102/28/2013

I remain a Jew only because, as a Jew, I believe man can never know G*d. Therefore, I feel free to have very personal beliefs that would not fly in the off shoot denominations from the Catholics. Hell, in Judaism, it's not a sin not to go to temple. In the Chrishitian choiches every thing one does is a since at one time or another.

All religions are piles of intellectual shit, but some really stink a lot more than others.

by Anonymousreply 2202/28/2013

[quote]The Jewish are much more humanitarian than the fundies.

Rather an unequal comparison.

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.