Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anderson Cooper to be honored by GLAAD

Now that Anderson Cooper is officially out of the closet, he’s being honored for promoting equality.

GLAAD will present the 45-year-old journalist, author and talk-show host with the Vito Russo Award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York on March 16.

---------------------

(Isn't a little too soon to be honoring him? Didn't he spend the last 45 years ignoring it? Discuss.)

by Anonymousreply 32805/03/2013

GLADD honors celebrity, just like the rest of us. Perhaps they will rename the award for him - The GLADD RiducList.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

silly

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

GLAAD is a fucking joke. I remember when they gave Lance Bass an award after he came out and on his acceptance speech he admitted he didn't know the organization had existed until recently.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

You go, faggot!

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

Very weird choice.

by Anonymousreply 502/21/2013

They may as well, he's out now and has focused on many LGBT stories on 360 over the years.

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2013

This is wonderful. At long last, he'll give public recognition to his partner and even mention his name. Will he announce a wedding date as part of his acceptance speech?

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2013

How much money does GLAAD spend stroking the ego's of celebrities? Seriously, this is the work they are doing? Providing validation to a one percenter?

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013

If his bf does come with him, I hope he shows up shirtless, because wow...

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2013

Does GLAAD contact celebrities in advance to see if they will accept the award? What happens if they don't want the "honor"?

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

Oh is he getting the Better Late than Never you Coward award?

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

Now that AC is "Out" to everyone maybe he'll actually show up at a GLAAD award show.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

ww for R11

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013

I don't know for sure but I remember one DL member saying that Katy Perry got hers when they were rejected by other celebrities. So, yes r10, I guess they have to accept it to receive it - noticed in advance.

by Anonymousreply 1602/22/2013

[quote]The vast majority of celebs have stayed in the closet as long as Cooper,

Ian McKellan came out in his 50th year. That's why he no longer got roles as a romantic lead.

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2013

R15 is right. Kevin Spacey still isn't out publicly. Anderson's finally out and that's what matters.

[quote]He attends all the pre and post Oscar parties, and will do so again this year

Or maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2013

Didn't Cooper publish a memoir in 2006 that had absolutely no mention of him being gay in it?

Don Lemon on the other hand, published his memoir in 2011, which directly stated that he is gay.

Has Lemon gotten a GLAAD award?

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2013

Nobody cares about Don Lemon. Anderson's done a lot on the LGBT community on his show for years, don't know what Lemon has done other than come out in a book he was trying to sell.

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013

Are there any straight men with the surname Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 2102/24/2013

Astronaut Gordon Cooper was suspected of being straight but we have no real proof.

by Anonymousreply 2202/24/2013

[quote]Didn't Cooper publish a memoir in 2006 that had absolutely no mention of him being gay in it?

His b/f was mentioned on the Thanks page.

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

That's a really hot pic, R9. Here's another one of AC and Ben, all dressed up in matching black suits. Very cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

R18...no, that's not what matters, celebrity apologist. you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

Anderson was totally queening out over the Real Housewives on his show today.

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

GLAAD is using Anderson to up their profile. Next they'll be honoring Jodie Foster.

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2013

Anderson is trying out his planned speech in advance of the banquet:

On Watch What Happens Live, Andy Cohen asked Cooper whether certain public figures should come out. Cooper replied, "I mean look, it’s a personal decision that everyone has to make for their own reasons ... I’m pretty understanding of where people are at, and people are at different places in their lives. But there’s a bunch of people whom I’m surprised have not been more forward, and you know given their position and the extent to which they’re forward about other aspects about their lives."

by Anonymousreply 3002/27/2013

If they could, at the same time, honor people who have been out for years and took real risks coming out, that would be nice as a counterpoint to scared little fucks like Anderson who will always be known as a coward.

by Anonymousreply 3102/27/2013

[quote]Ian McKellan came out in his 50th year. That's why he no longer got roles as a romantic lead.

As far as I know, McKellan was never cast as as romantic lead. He's a fair deal older than Cooper and the world was a lot more homophobic when he started out, even into middle age. Also, he wasn't that well known outside of the UK until Gods and Monsters. It was that rancid cunt Margaret Thatcher and her proposed homophobic legislation that brought him out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 3202/27/2013

Thank you r33. Why are some people on DL so determined to be stuck in the past whenever discussing Anderson while completely ignoring the public figures that are still in the closet?

Speaking of famous reporters who still aren't out, I wonder how long Robin Roberts, Shep Smith and David Muir will remain in the closet. Where's your anger for those folks R31?

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2013

Anderson Cooper has got to be the apex of gay white male worship on this site.

I've never been able to quite understand the appeal. That boyfriend, however, is SMOKIN hot.

by Anonymousreply 3503/01/2013

They're BOTH smokin' hot, IMO.

[quote]Speaking of famous reporters who still aren't out, I wonder how long Robin Roberts, Shep Smith and David Muir will remain in the closet. Where's your anger for those folks [R31]?

THANK YOU R34!

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013

[quote]Where's your anger for those folks R31?

Why all the hatred R34, for a simple statement of fact and a suggestion by R31? The rage you're displaying is not necessary.

[italic](If you're going to push your silly "anger" accusation button 34, see how it's just an easy step up to hatered and rage!)[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 3703/01/2013

Because the topic of this thread is Anderson Cooper being honored by GLAAD.....that's why it's about him....

by Anonymousreply 3803/01/2013

R34, I'd like to see R31 start a thread about why David Muir, Shep Smith, and Robin Roberts are still in the closet, instead of being stuck in the past ranting about AC like a broken record. He's out now, so how about we move on to discussing those news reporters who still aren't?

by Anonymousreply 3903/01/2013

A friend of his came out for him while he was out of the country. For 2 weeks. Anderson is a chickenshit and certainly no hero.

by Anonymousreply 4003/01/2013

"Nobody cares about Don Lemon."

Wrong. Only the racist Anderson fans who patrol this board on a twenty four/seven basis hate him.

Everyone else admires him for his extreme courage in being one of the few out and proud black men in the industry. What he did took guts.

How dare you try to belittle that. Who the fuck do you think you are? You apologize to all the minorites on this board.

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2013

How else would you have him come out, R40? Gay public figures come out in different ways, so I fail to see your point.

Zachary Quinto came out in a tweet, was that cowardly too?

Jim Parson was casually outed in a New York Times profile, was that cowardly too?

Don Lemon came out to sell his book, was that cowardly too?

I don't see you complaining about any of those guys or any other public figure who recently came out. You only take issues with Anderson because you seem to have a personal beef with him. It's interesting that you give a pass to Muir, Roberts, Smith, etc..., yet are still complaining about the way Cooper came out. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 4203/01/2013

Robin Roberts is in a totally different playing field. It's ridiculous to still keep lumping her in with white men.

Name the number of out and proud black lesbians in the industry? That's right, none.

Robin has a lot riding on her shoulders and a lot of burden to carry if she decided to come out. I can understand her reluctance to skirt the issue. Plus, she's had plenty of health problems in recent years.

It's much different for her than it is for a white guy.

And look at the way Lemon gets treated by some of you, after his incredibly courageous act. Then you want to snap your fingers and tell Roberts to come out? Why? You're not gonna support her anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4303/01/2013

What about David Muir and Shep Smith, R43? Where is your self-righteous indignation when it comes to those guys? I have a feeling you save it all for Anderson. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 4403/01/2013

Nobody cares about Don Lemon. If you don't like it, too bad but facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

Robin, David and Shep should ALL be out, just like Anderson. How are things supposed to change? Stop making excuses for them. Anderson is out.

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

Anderson should have came out years ago. That is a fact.

And the way he did was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

I also agree that what Lemon did was beyond extraordinary. Anderson fans are just bitter because he was brave. Again, facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 4803/01/2013

[quote]Robin, David and Shep should ALL be out, just like Anderson. How are things supposed to change? Stop making excuses for them. Anderson is out.

Maybe you didn't notice that the thread is about Anderson and GLAAD. It's not about Robin and GLAAD. It's not about David and GLAAD. It's not about Shep and GLAAD.

Now to get back on topic, it's a shame that GLAAD is giving this award to someone who cowered in a posh glass closet for years while other brave people were coming out.

The fact that he avoids all mention of being in a committed relationship indicates one of two things; either he's in a tentative and open relationship, or he's too much of a coward to admit he's in a relationship.

No doubt a few heads will explode when they see the coward called out here. That's why they want to derail the thread to talk about Robin, David, and Shep.

by Anonymousreply 4903/01/2013

She wouldn't accept it anyways r29.

Anderson is out. Who cares when he did it. He's out. Enough. Critize him for being a shitty reporter and soft on republicans.. that's were the meat is.

by Anonymousreply 5003/02/2013

If someone brings up those other people in this thread about Anderson, R49, then we're allowed to comment on them too.

[quote]Anderson should have came out years ago. That is a fact.

It's a fact that others are STILL NOT OUT and you're bellyaching about someone who took that step and came out. He doesn't have to talk about his relationship if he chooses not to, it's HIS choice, end of story.

What's so "extraordinary" about Don Lemon waiting YEARS to come out in a BOOK, just so he could get the attention and hope more people would buy it? That's about as cheap and tacky as you can go. Did you whiners even READ AC's coming out statement? It was really on point AND he wasn't tryin to get people to buy a book he wrote. I give Don credit for coming out as I would anyone who makes that decision, but that is as far as it goes.

Anderson deserves the honor from GLAAD and many more at that.

by Anonymousreply 5103/02/2013

Anderson said he was NEVER in the closet in his personal life so that is what matters.

by Anonymousreply 5203/02/2013

[quote]I also agree that what Lemon did was beyond extraordinary.

Yes dear r48, coming out at age 45 (the same age that AC came out by the way, but somehow Lemon is never called out for having been in the closet for as long as Anderson) to sell a book is truly the height of courage. Nothing in the universe compares to such a brave act of valor. Don Lemon will go down as one of the real heroes of the human race.

[quote]The fact that he avoids all mention of being in a committed relationship indicates one of two things; either he's in a tentative and open relationship, or he's too much of a coward to admit he's in a relationship.

The fact that you obsess over Anderson's relationship and that you demand that he shares it with the public indicates that you're insane, r49. AC is out, that's all that matters, yet it's not enough for you. Only a crazy "fan" like you would call his desire to protect the privacy of his relationship a "cowardly" act.

by Anonymousreply 5303/02/2013

Bravo R53!

by Anonymousreply 5403/02/2013

[quote] Name the number of out and proud black lesbians in the industry? That's right, none.

Sue Simmons

by Anonymousreply 5503/02/2013

NEW YORK — Gay advocacy group GLAAD says Madonna will present CNN's Anderson Cooper with an award for openly gay media professionals.

GLAAD told The Associated Press on Saturday that the singer has been chosen to give Cooper the Vito Russo Award at the 24th annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York City on March 16.

GLAAD President Herndon Graddick says Madonna and Cooper are longtime friends who have both used their careers to support lesbian, gay and transgender people.

Cooper declined to speak publicly about his sexuality for years. But last July he gave blogger Andrew Sullivan permission to publish an email in which Cooper said he was gay and "couldn't be more happy."

Russo helped found GLAAD and wrote a book about gay people in the movies called "The Celluloid Closet."

by Anonymousreply 5603/02/2013

Madonna presenting Anderson Cooper with a GLAAD award?

Is there anyone on earth besides gay white men in NYC between 40 - 85 who can find a single fuck to give?

by Anonymousreply 5703/02/2013

I don't care about Madonna, but I do love Anderson, so sorry R57.

by Anonymousreply 5803/02/2013

[quote]Cooper declined to speak publicly about his sexuality for years. But last July he gave blogger Andrew Sullivan permission to publish an email in which Cooper said he was gay and "couldn't be more happy."

That's a real slap in the face. It's obvious that the AP writer has branded him a coward but dressed it up with a "happy" quote. It's a wonder that they didn't slam it home by telling how he left the country when his coming out announcement was published. Maybe they're saving that for the night he gets his GLAAD award.

by Anonymousreply 5903/02/2013

It's no "slap" R59, it's just a fact, AC kept quiet for years and then came out. He's no different from Zachary Quinto, Don Lemon, Matt Bomer, Ricky Martin, Ellen DeGeneres and others who didn't come out for years. Are they "cowards" too or do you just have an ax to grind about AC?

by Anonymousreply 6003/02/2013

[quote]It's a wonder that they didn't slam it home by telling how he left the country when his coming out announcement was published. Maybe they're saving that for the night he gets his GLAAD award.

R59, do try to contain your excitement over the prospect of this happening.

by Anonymousreply 6103/02/2013

I'm a "gay media celebrity," and though I'd never say it on the record because GLAAD gives me media attention that ends up making me money, they are the most useless organization on the planet.

Their media awards are a never-ending schmoozefest of lily white media gays sucking up to celebrities that are there for a photo op and/or award and nothing more.

They go after easy targets, and are eerily silent when someone with real power does something homophobic, but will try to get Carly Rae Jepsen, clearly nothing more than a working singer, to boycott some Boy Scout event because the Scouts are homophobic? THIS is what we're giving our attention to?

It boggles the mind. Yes, I'm going to the media awards this year, yes I'll smile on the red carpet, but these creeps are a total waste of space. Gotta play the game and keep my checks flowing in though.

Gay Rights orgs in 2013 are a total fucking sham.

by Anonymousreply 6203/04/2013

[quote] Ian McKellan came out in his 50th year. That's why he no longer got roles as a romantic lead.

Ian McKellan was never in the closet. He was always openly gay since he started his career.

by Anonymousreply 6303/04/2013

[quote]Ian McKellan was never in the closet. He was always openly gay since he started his career.

How long have you known Ian McKellen? When you were with him at the start of his career, how did he come out to you at that time? After all, he could have gone to prison for gay activity in those days.

I wonder if he'll ever learn about your post here that brands him as a liar.

Since you know for certain that "he was always openly gay since he started his career," it's obvious that he's a liar (according to you) when he claims he came out when he was 49 years old.

Sir Ian wrote: "I met up with the author of [italic]Tales of the City[/italic], Armistead Maupin and with his lover Terry Anderson. I talked with them about their friends Christopher Isherwood and Rock Hudson and about being gay in California, openly or in the closet. Armistead and Terry had asked me why I wasn't out: and then, in part, answered their own question..."

Tell us, r63, why you think he would claim he wasn't out in that passage, but you know for certain that he was out.

Last December in an article about Ian McKellen in the Daily Mail, they wrote: "McKellen has been a high-profile campaigner for gay rights since he came out, at 49, during a BBC radio interview."

Could it be R63, that you're similar to the Anderfans who try to rewrite and/or hide Cooper's history?

by Anonymousreply 6403/04/2013

I wonder if R62 is for real.

by Anonymousreply 6503/04/2013

GLAAD must be desperate for new blood. This man is in the closet for for over 20 years and ignores the gay community and now he's their poster boy? What a joke! He paid them off.

Frank Ocean should be the person to recieve that reward.

by Anonymousreply 6603/05/2013

Yeah R62, nothing you wrote is exactly shocking. But I have a question. You mention you go because of your bottom line, but does anyone ever turn them down for an award? Or is everyone pretty much happy to get the publicity?

by Anonymousreply 6703/05/2013

Anderson deserves the award. Frank Ocean will have his chance. I don't know what he's done for the gay community other than come out though. Anderson has a history of supporting the LGBT community.

by Anonymousreply 6803/05/2013

[quote]This man is in the closet for for over 20 years and ignores the gay community and now he's their poster boy? What a joke! He paid them off.

You may be on to something, R66. Maybe a big Vanderbilt-size donation bought this award.

by Anonymousreply 6903/05/2013

He deserves this award, end of story.

by Anonymousreply 7003/05/2013

You've got to be kidding me. He doesn't deserve that award...end of story. This award was bought just like the rest of his awards. He also doesn't deserve the 60 minutes sports gig he has with 60 minutes/Showtime. This man weighs 5 lbs. Him and his friends Kathy Griffin, Kelly Ripa, Kristian Chenoweth look like they belong to a secret anorexia club. They look like they eat a cracker a day and he lands a 60 minutes sports gig. No way....this guy is sucking somebody's DICK to get all these jobs.

Theres so many other fine ass male (younger and more fit) journalist that would have been a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 7103/06/2013

Poor R71 sounds completely unhinged. So much anger...

by Anonymousreply 7203/06/2013

R71, I know how these awards are chosen. Completely PR driven and has nothing to do with anything of note. Don't get too worked up. Anderson's people called up GLAAD, they struck a deal. Bing Bang Boom.

by Anonymousreply 7303/06/2013

R68 Frank Ocean's time is now! Unlike Anderson who selfishly waited 20 years to come out of the closet this young man could have lost everything. His album hadn't even come out yet when he came out. He RISKED his whole career by coming out. You have to realize there is more leniency in the white community as far as the gay community. To come out in the hip hop world is career suicide. That took so much COURAGE and for a young man his age to risk it all I have nothing but RESPECT FOR HIM? He's done more for the LGBT community by comming out than Anderson ever could. As a matter of fact for a very long time Anderson played a very large part in keeping the community in the dark (stone ages). He shouldn't be rewarded for ignoring the LGBT community for so long.

by Anonymousreply 7403/06/2013

Shut the fuck up R74 with your fake praise for Frank Ocean. You're not fooling anyone here, you're no friend of the LGBT community. You're just a crazy homophobic cunt who have a weird love-hate obsession with Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 7503/07/2013

Great for Anderson. He seems to have lived a sheltered life. The other day on his Live show he never has eaten a pickle. He said he doesn't like green slimy things soaked in unknown juices. He's quite a picky eater, lol. And he's all excited about Madonna giving him the award... he says he's a big fan of hers.

by Anonymousreply 7603/07/2013

you are so wrong r63....he was in for decades...He did a whole play about his coming out.

by Anonymousreply 7703/07/2013

Thank you R75, you are so right.

by Anonymousreply 7803/07/2013

I've always like AC and his reporting on gay issues before he made the obvious known in his own words but I think he's a bit of hyprocrite to attend this award show now once he announced he was gay after ignoring GLLAd for years.

by Anonymousreply 7903/07/2013

Why all the misplaced hate R75? Have you considered enrolling in an anger management program?

It's so sad to see someone fall to pieces when others reveal that someone is buying an award from GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 8003/07/2013

Madonna is an even stranger case than the albino turd.

She made her career in the beginning with a large gay following and playing around ideas of gender and sexuality.

She and "galpal" Sandra Bernhard publicly implied a relationship. And, to a lesser degree, she did the same with Rosie.

She published a book with lesbian imagery and explicitly describing her delight in eating Ingrid Casares' cunt.

Yet she's never said she is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 8103/08/2013

You're boring R80, posting the same stupid "why are you angry" "misplaced hate" shit when someone makes a point about Anderson that you don't agree with, or that you CAN'T agree with because you're out of your damn mind.

R81 WISHES she looked like an "albino turd" because I'm certain it's FAR prettier than she could ever hope to be.

by Anonymousreply 8203/08/2013

"Thank you Anderson for almost five months of being an openly proud supporter of gays and lesbians."

by Anonymousreply 8303/08/2013

I take it his check cleared...

by Anonymousreply 8403/08/2013

I notice AC has really stopped with the gay chatter and jokes and maybe he talked to Terrence to toned it down too. AC's female cohost have been hitting on him and making comments but he's just laughing and changing the subject. It seems more women find him attractive than guys. I haven't read about alot of men finding AC hot...

by Anonymousreply 8503/08/2013

I think Anderson On WWHL when talking about the closet and was surprised that a few people haven't came out yet I think he was talking about Robin Roberts. She certainly has shared alot of other things about her life, like Anderson did before he came out publicly but thus far has refused to talk anything about her sexuality. Not saying I don't like her because of it but it's very noticable.

by Anonymousreply 8603/08/2013

[quote] I haven't read about alot of men finding AC hot..

Don't kid yourself on this, they DO, maybe not here but I see it on other websites all of the time.

[quote]I notice AC has really stopped with the gay chatter and jokes and maybe he talked to Terrence to toned it down too

I noticed this too, now that the show is ending, I guess he doesn't want the last thing that people remember about it is his gay/sexual jokes/innuendo with Terrance. I think AC regrets the dirty things he says sometimes, but he can't help saying them, so now he's trying to appear like Mr. Clean and innocent. I prefer him dirty and racy because even HE said he was that way.

by Anonymousreply 8703/08/2013

[quote]Don't kid yourself on this, they DO, maybe not here but I see it on other websites all of the time.

Yes, men on other websites adore Anderson. He's very popular with manly men.

by Anonymousreply 8803/08/2013

Shut up R88.

by Anonymousreply 8903/08/2013

"I see it on other websites all of the time."

Links, R87. Show us all the websites where Anderson has male fans "all of the time." Prove that your statement isn't just more collaborative fiction that fills all AC threads. Please direct us to five or six websites where you're seeing these male fans "all of the time."

by Anonymousreply 9003/08/2013

Find it yourself R90, you just want to hate on him and I'm not playing into your hands. If you want to think everyone finds AC unattractive, that's your deal not mine. I know what I know.

by Anonymousreply 9103/08/2013

It doesn't exist R91. The claim that was posted about all the men on other sites who are fans of Anderson was total fiction.

"If you want to think everyone finds AC unattractive..."

No way did I claim "everyone finds AC unattractive." That's your fiction, 91. It matches the R87 fiction about the male fans on other sites. Delightful fiction that illustrates the webmaster's claim about DL threads being "collaborative fiction." Thanks for playing!

by Anonymousreply 9203/08/2013

R92 sounds exhausting. She always have to have the last word.

In any case, R87 only said was that, aside from DL, a lot of men find Anderson hot, which I think is true. On Twitter, both men and women are constantly saying that they find AC attractive. I don't know why R92 is so determined to argue this rather minor point, accusing whoever disagrees with her of participating in collaborative fiction. Those AC threads sure attract the crazies.

by Anonymousreply 9303/08/2013

[quote]In any case, R87 only said was that, aside from DL, a lot of men find Anderson hot, which I think is true.

Thanks for adding to the fiction R93. Do you not realize we can easily read that r87 claimed that men outside DL find Anderson hot. "I see it on other websites all of the time." That "all of the time" sounds like a lot of men on a lot of websiteS.

That's "websites" - plural. No mention of Twitter from 87. Neither you, R93, nor R91, nor 87 can come up with websiteS with all those men that are supposed to find Anderson "hot." Fiction! Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 9403/08/2013

THANK YOU R93.

by Anonymousreply 9503/08/2013

Shut UP R94, you are an idiot if you want to pretend that Anderson isn't considered attractive by men and women of all ages, races. Just admit your ax to grind against him because you are TOTALLY illogical.

by Anonymousreply 9603/08/2013

[quote]if you want to pretend that Anderson isn't considered attractive by men and women of all ages,

Again, thanks for adding to the fiction. You won't find anyplace that I've ever said "that Anderson isn't considered attractive by men and women of all ages." That's your fiction, R96.

I'm merely calling R87 a liar for his claim about all the men he notes on other sites who find Anderson "hot."

"I see it on other websites all of the time," is his claim but those websiteS don't exist.

No way am I making ANY claim about how Anderson looks. I just want to point out how the fiction posted by people like R87 builds and builds until people think there are many websites filled with men claiming that Cooper is hot.

It's fiction and you're adding your fiction 96.

Funny how you can't deny that it's all a fairytale so you can only reply with "Shut up!"

Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 9703/08/2013

You know what's really fiction? That R97 has a functioning brain.

You're welcome. Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 9803/08/2013

R97, do you enjoy throwing "liar" accusations just because someone disagrees with you? You sound really demented, going on and on about this as if your life depended on having the last word.

by Anonymousreply 9903/08/2013

[quote]because someone disagrees with you?

That's funny. Demented!... Shut up!... Idiot!...

But it's not because anyone disagrees with me. Nobody in this thread has said I'm wrong in the claims regarding all your fiction.

You're angry because I'm pointing out the fiction followed by fiction followed by more fiction. You want to pretend you're dealing with facts -- but you know it's fiction.

r87 still can't come up with all those websiteS. r91 follows with the lie "you want to think everyone finds AC unattractive." I never commented on his appearance. R93 attempted to wipe away 87's claim of "websites" with men finding Anderson "hot." (Note: I'm not commenting on AC's looks. 87 made the "hot" comment. I didn't disagree.}

Then R96 attempts the lie that "you want to pretend that Anderson isn't considered attractive by men and women of all ages, races." (I never commented on his looks.)

Are you all so dense that you can't comprehend that these posts all link back to your fiction? You're sounding like the teen girls who keep saying that Taylor Swift is a talanted composer and singer.

It's obvious that the Demented!... Shut up!... Idiot!...is a result of your anger because you can't erase your own fiction. But don't stop now. It's all part of the collaborative fiction of AC threads. We're ready to view your next fiction. That's the fun of DL and it's why Pablo loves it so much.

by Anonymousreply 10003/08/2013

R100 needs to find herself a new hobby.

by Anonymousreply 10103/09/2013

Or more importantly R101, R100 needs a PSYCHIATRIST.

No one needs to answer any of her questions because we know what's right, she has an ax to grind against Anderson and wants to put out this fiction that he's not attractive to other men on other websites. NO I don't have to provide proof because you already know it's true R100, but you can't bring yourself to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 10203/09/2013

You're pushing out a lot of stupid along with twisting what's posted here. Was it 3rd grade or 4th grade where you failed Reading Comprehension? Point to the post that claims that "he's not attractive to other men on other websites."

by Anonymousreply 10303/09/2013

Give it a rest R103. Arguing till you're blue in the face only shows how crazy you are to be so determined to have the last word.

by Anonymousreply 10403/09/2013

Exactly R104.

by Anonymousreply 10503/09/2013

R71's entertaining rant makes her sound completely unhinged. Oh my, what a bunch of silly loonies DL attracts...

by Anonymousreply 10603/11/2013

LOL I wasn't expecting to start a DL fight just because I noticed alot more women publucly and on the internet compliment how attractive AC is were it seems alot of men don't compliment him. It was entertaining to read the back and forth tho... Anyway any recent sightings of AC and Ben?

by Anonymousreply 10703/11/2013

If you said his tie was crooked the AC cray-crays would swear on a stack of Bibles that you said he's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 10803/11/2013

Any AC thread will degenerate into a fight.

Word of warning, just stay away from any and all AC threads.

by Anonymousreply 10903/11/2013

Who has a problem with this? Anderson says being gay is a "blessing".

by Anonymousreply 11003/11/2013

[quote]"I've always known I was gay from the time I was a little kid," Cooper, who came out in an email to Andrew Sullivan last summer, recalled. "I can't remember a time when I wasn't aware of it, even before I knew what it was or the name of it."

by Anonymousreply 11103/11/2013

That's a pretty strong statement, the religious nuts and homophobes are going to attack him for it. But fuck them anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 11203/11/2013

AC and Ben are in Rome. Ben posted a painting on Instagram.

Open relationship? I don't think so. Those two are a strongly committed couple, that's the evidence we have. ZERO of any kind of open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 11303/11/2013

That's right r113. Tho I haven't had time to view the HuffPo interview, I'm sure he paid tribute to Ben for standing by him in the coming out process.

by Anonymousreply 11403/11/2013

He's out, as long as the world knows he's a gay man if he wants to keep private about Ben, that's his choice, or their choice.

by Anonymousreply 11503/11/2013

R114 is cray-cray.

Nice quote from AC's interview with Signorile, R111. So much for those delusional DLers who swore for years that AC was at least bisexual. I love that he makes no bones about being a "pure-blood" gay!

by Anonymousreply 11603/11/2013

Yeah, there's zero evidence of their open relationship except for those photos of Ben in a passionate make out session with another guy in the Ramble.

The Bendersons are still around, still senile, I see.

by Anonymousreply 11703/11/2013

The only way to know if they have an open relationship is to know when those pics of Ben with other dude were taken and no one knows that. If we ever find out definitively that they were taken at a time we all know he was dating AC, then we can say they have an open relationship, otherwise we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 11803/11/2013

Here's the deal r117, open relationship or not, the so-called "Bendersons" are still around because they've been right from day one. A few vocal people on DL claimed for a long time that Ben wouldn't last, that his relationship with Anderson would end after a couple of months, and more than 4 years later, they're still together, so I guess the "Bendersons" weren't as senile as you claim. For some strange reason, that simple fact pisses off a few posters around here (including yourself), who are constantly trying to attack those who have been stating that in spite of all the fake breakup rumors that routinely surface here, Anderson and Ben are still a couple.

by Anonymousreply 11903/11/2013

Question!

If those Ben cheating pics were old, as some here say, why didnt Anderson or Ben sue? Didn't they have a case of slander for saying that Ben was cheating? Shouldn't they have at least asked for a retraction or apology from the papers?

by Anonymousreply 12003/11/2013

That is true R119, the "Bendersons" are the only ones who have been proven right, time after time. Nothing the Benderson critics have said about their relationship has ever materialized.

by Anonymousreply 12103/11/2013

AC hates drama R120, and he's never acknowledged publicly that Ben is his bf so that would've opened up an additional can of worms. He knew it would all blow over eventually, so he waited it out like he always does instead of making a big deal about it and having to talk about Ben.

by Anonymousreply 12203/11/2013

When will this madness stop?

Here is the deal. Anderson stayed in the closet for his career. To this date he still hasn't acknowledged his boyfriend or whatever he is publicly. When it comes down to it, Anderson Cooper and Ken Mehlman aren't all that different, both phony cowards who want us to now totally forget the years of lies.

And quite frankly, I don't care if Anderson is fucking, dating or married to this Ben guy. I don't care if it is an open relationship or Anderson is just another sister wife on the compound with Ben. It doesn't matter. What does matter is the despicable way Anderson carried himself during the 2012 campaign. Practically blowing Romney and the RNC every chance he got. If you guys can turn a blind eye to that, then something is very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 12303/11/2013

I suppose you are right r122. Best not to throw more gas into the fire.

by Anonymousreply 12403/11/2013

R123 is LIVID that Anderson Cooper isn't giving her a daily press conference discussing the details of his personal life. She can't stand it and will stomp her angry little foot on DL in protest!

by Anonymousreply 12503/11/2013

I don't know anyone on CNN who wasn't blowing Romney, that's what CNN is now. They kiss up to right wingers. All the anchors/reporters are supposed to. The only one who DIDN'T was Soledad and they seem to be getting rid of her. I don't know where Anderson is politically, but it doesn't look like his bf is conservative at all, hopefully that rubs off on AC.

by Anonymousreply 12603/11/2013

This is why I love Anderson:

[quote]Of receiving the Vito Russo Award, Cooper noted the honor has "tremendous meaning," adding, "I certainly don't think I'm worthy of it, but if it helps GLAAD and if it helps have more people know who Vito Russo is, then I think it is certainly worthwhile."

by Anonymousreply 12703/11/2013

I agree, r127. That was a great interview with Signorile.

by Anonymousreply 12803/12/2013

Loved the Signorile interview too, there's no doubt that AC is comfortable about being gay and out.

by Anonymousreply 12903/12/2013

R123 I completely agree. But the BLANDerson fans insist on kissing his ass and acting like he's wonderful. They're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 13003/12/2013

I think it's one thing to be closeted then another to not want to share certain things about your life to strangers. AC has been "out" to friends and family since high school, and has been out to coworkers that's not the definition of the "closet" To lable him to be closeted till july 2, 2012 is inaccurate and a bit unfair. I'm out to friends and family and coworkers but personally I don't tell every stranger on street. And just because you don't dosen't mean you are in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 13103/12/2013

So what R123/R130 if you have a different opinion. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 13203/12/2013

Anderson said in that interview that he knew he was gay for as long as he could remember. Did he come out to his father?

by Anonymousreply 13303/12/2013

If anyone is a hypocrite, it's Signorile

by Anonymousreply 13403/12/2013

Why is Signorile a hypocrite, r134?

by Anonymousreply 13503/12/2013

I believe he has called out Anderson on his show numerous times R135. I don't know if that makes him a hypocrite, but anyway the whole thing is just yucky. The whole think is a slap in the face to real gay heroes.

by Anonymousreply 13603/12/2013

Bottom line is you have to read between the lines. Anderson Cooper did not decide to come out until his shows began to flop and people, including a lot of posters on here began to call him a coward.

When his ratings were high he was so far in the closet a bull horn wouldn't even get him OUT!

He came out because of necessity. He was losing respect and fans by the minute AND a lot of them he'll never get back.

by Anonymousreply 13703/12/2013

Anderson's a real gay hero. I'd like to know what R136 has done to help the LGBT community. There are things we can point to that show Anderson has always put a spotlight on LGBT issues, what have YOU done R136? Yeah, go ahead and lie. Signorile is not a hypocrite, he wanted AC to come out and now that he has, he's glad that there's another out gay man added to the list like most normal people who don't have an ax to grind against him are.

by Anonymousreply 13803/12/2013

BULLSHIT R137.

[quote]He was losing respect and fans by the minute AND a lot of them he'll never get back.

With the exception of NUTS like YOU, he's gained respect from those of us who appreciate when another person makes the decision to come out. Keep grinding that ax, but it's not getting you anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 13903/12/2013

R137 is seriously delusional if she believes that Anderson came out because a few people on DL called him a coward.

by Anonymousreply 14003/12/2013

I wonder if Ben will come with AC to his first GLAAD awards?

by Anonymousreply 14103/14/2013

R138 and R139 are you both gay men? If so are you a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 14203/14/2013

Why do you ask this question, R142?

by Anonymousreply 14303/14/2013

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 14403/14/2013

I'm R141 and a hot fit Top. :)

by Anonymousreply 14503/14/2013

No, R141, Ben will not be in attendance.

That would be too gay for both GLAAD and AC.

by Anonymousreply 14603/14/2013

I'd like R138 and R139 to answer the question. Are you both gay men. If so are you top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 14703/14/2013

Ben will be there of course, this is a big honor for the man he loves and his good friend Josh Wood is involved in putting the show together.

by Anonymousreply 14803/14/2013

I've already declined. Won't sit through that farce and many others who aren't sycophants won't either. I don't break bread with liars.

by Anonymousreply 14903/14/2013

I'd like to know why R144/r147 is so interested in which posters are top and bottom on this thread ("Why not?" is not an answer).

R149, I doubt you were even invited so don't try.

by Anonymousreply 15003/14/2013

Why can't you just answer the question R150

What are you afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 15103/14/2013

It's so wonderful to see you here R150. Obviously it's not Prime Time since you're posting again. Your messages are always filled with real food for thought but why did you think it necessary to doubt R149 and then command him with your "so don't try"? Isn't that a tad bit unfriendly? He didn't say anything against you, did he?

Is there a reason why you attacked R137 with claims that he could be "seriously delusional"? Wouldn't it have been a kindness to point to facts that could possibly refute his claims? Can you link to something that would back up your "seriously delusional" claim?

It would be nice if you paid the $18 so you could begin your own threads to put forth your goals and dreams for discussion instead of having to ask others for help. Would your husband object to his wife being a member of a gay forum? It's only $18.

by Anonymousreply 15203/14/2013

R150 why don't you answer the question? Are you a gay man and if so, are you a top or a bottom.

What are you afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 15303/14/2013

r153 has issues.

by Anonymousreply 15403/14/2013

R154 is scared to answer questions.

by Anonymousreply 15503/14/2013

Not scared R155, I just don't feel the need to answer to persistent questioning from a stranger on the Internet. Not to mention that your question was at first addressed to R138 and R139, which I didn't post, so I don't see how you expect me to answer for someone else. Since you like to ask questions, how about you tell us about yourself, r155? Are you a gay man, and if so, top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 15603/14/2013

I'm a gay man, and I'm neither top or bottom. I don't engage in anal sex, but frottage.

Your turn R156

by Anonymousreply 15703/14/2013

[quote]I'm neither top or bottom. I don't engage in anal sex, but frottage.

Your sex life sounds really boring. No wonder you're spending so much time on DL.

by Anonymousreply 15803/14/2013

Nope R158

Frott is great!

by Anonymousreply 15903/14/2013

Anderson is a coward and Ben is a dummy. He will probably have his "trade" at the GLADD awards but he will probably be seated in the back of the room while Anderson accepts the award he bought. Anderson has had a lot of "trade" but Ben is the only one stupid enough to stick around and do everything his master tells him.

Anderson's a joke and most of us know it. If there wasn't a backlash from viewers disgusted with him refusing to come out all these years his daytime show probably wouldn't be cancelled.

He's scrambling now trying to save face with the LGBT community.

by Anonymousreply 16003/14/2013

At the IHSG forum, someone said he will be thanking his partner when he gets his GLAAD award. What is the date for that event? I heard that invites went to gays within 50 miles of the city but the tickets didn't sell until Madonna was added to the deal.

by Anonymousreply 16103/14/2013

r140 R143 R150 R154 R156 R158 will only be with us in spirit since we're on Prime Time. Interesting how she comments on someone "spending so much time on DL" when she's rushing around the AC threads anytime this place isn't on lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 16203/15/2013

[quote]At the IHSG forum, someone said he will be thanking his partner when he gets his GLAAD award

Ben was probably the person who finally convinced him to come out. I would love to hear AC's speech, especially if he mentions Ben, it would be the first time he acknowledged him publicly, he's made sure to not do it over the past 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 16303/15/2013

R162 notice that the poster you mention still refuses to say whether or not he is a gay male.

by Anonymousreply 16403/15/2013

I'll believe he mentions his name when I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 16503/15/2013

The cray-crays are out in full force on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 16603/15/2013

I'm not expecting him to mention Ben but I also didn't think he would come out and he did, so I'm hoping for a surprise. Maybe they'll walk down the red carpet together for once.

by Anonymousreply 16703/16/2013

Well AC did acknowledge Ben finally, it would've been wrong not to. It's around the 5:12-24 mark.

by Anonymousreply 16803/17/2013

Can anyone explain how GLAAD awarded "SMASH" Outstanding Drama Series? There is ONE gay character who is practically a monk. He had a relationship for about two episodes and in entire show about Broadway has very little gay content at all.

by Anonymousreply 16903/17/2013

AC's speech was really moving with the references to gay heroes who paved the way for him and others. This was also really lovely:

[quote]Being gay is certainly one of the greatest blessings. It has allowed me to love and be loved, to open my head and open my heart in ways I would have never predicted. The ability to love one another, the ability to love another person is in my opinion one of God's greatest gifts and I thank God every day for the ability to give and share love with the people in my life. My family, my friends, my partner Benjamin, thank you very much.

Someone who claimed to know AC and Ben said here a long time ago that Ben transformed AC's life and made him a much happier and better person.

by Anonymousreply 17003/17/2013

Anderson not only thanked Ben, he also thanked God, which was almost as surprising. He doesn't strike me as a religious or even spiritual man. He seems like he'd be an agnostic, if not atheist.

by Anonymousreply 17103/17/2013

Well is everyone finally happy he acknowledge he is in a realtionship with Ben? What else is there to complain about now about AC? I for one think he deserved this award for his excellent reporting on GLBT issues over the years. He started on ABC with a report about pride and contines this day to report on glbt issues. Well done, and it was a good speech.

by Anonymousreply 17203/18/2013

For some odd reason, the thread about Anderson thanking Ben in his speech at the GLAAD awards has been deleted. I wonder what that's about.

The New York Times published this pic of Anderson and Ben sitting at their table during the ceremony. Ben looks hot and sharp!

by Anonymousreply 17303/19/2013

From Us Weekly:

[quote]Cooper, 45, is currently dating nightclub owner Ben Maisani, who were "inseparable" throughout the night, an onlooker tells Us. "Ben didn't leave Anderson's side once throughout the night and when Anderson went backstage to say hello to Madonna, Ben came with him."

by Anonymousreply 17403/19/2013

Daily Mail is also covering this:

by Anonymousreply 17503/19/2013

I felt his acknowledgement of Ben was cold and detatched. He could have used an adjective or serenaded him with the old Michael Jackson song 'Ben'.

by Anonymousreply 17603/19/2013

I totally disagree r176, his speech was very heartfelt and moving, and Anderson got quite emotional at the end when he thanked Ben. You can tell he was looking in Ben's direction at that moment too in the clip of the speech. I would have loved to see a shot of Ben's reaction then, he must have been quite moved too.

I believe Anderson being so much in love with Ben was the catalyst to him finally coming out publicly, they probably had a lot of discussions about it over the years and he was finally convinced about how important it is to be out. It is true that Anderson has NEVER acknowledged even HAVING a relationship at all throughout his entire career as an anchor, so it's very significant that he's finally done it and why he has. This is a big deal for the usually private and guarded Anderson, and I don't think he would have changed so much if he hadn't met Ben.

by Anonymousreply 17703/19/2013

Interesting article by Liz Smith on the GLAAD awards, in which she discusses AC and Ben hanging out with Madonna backstage:

[quote]During the backstage chat -- they did a joint interview later for various media outlets -- Anderson, who is even better looking in person than he is on TV -- I know, hard to believe -- said to M, "You remember my boyfriend Benjamin Maisani." (Ben is a knockout, they make a stunning couple.) Madonna lowered her voice to its huskiest femme fatale tones, took his hand caressingly and said, "How could I ever forget?" Then she cracked up, laughing.

by Anonymousreply 17803/19/2013

Yes, they do make a really good looking couple. That article also says that AC was very emotional during his speech, the same thing I noticed - he was choking up.

Here is a pic from the NY Times of AC and Ben at the dinner.

by Anonymousreply 17903/19/2013

Ac sounded a bit nervous doing the speech I dont because it was his first attending glaad awards or the fact he mentioned Ben for first time. But his speech was very nice. Ac should have been respected by glbt before this award now after he goes public he's become a "gay hero." I like Ac but I found it hyprocritcal to attend this show after ignoring glaad all of those other years when he was given awards by them.

by Anonymousreply 18003/19/2013

AC had snooki as cohost today and she kept making gay jokes to AC that he didn't reply too. She said "I know you don't like boobs" a couple of times before Ac finally replied. "It's not I don't like them it's just I have no expierence." lol to which the crowd ate up. Also doing the meatball segment snooki and the guest kept making "balls" jokes to which AC wanted no part of.

Also he criticized Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn for taking their relationship public when he did the same thing saturday night at the glaad awards thnking his "partner" AC again contradicted himself. He probably doesn't realize how much he does that to himself.

by Anonymousreply 18103/19/2013

R181 This is why I don't like AC at all. He contradicts himself ALL the time. Ever since he came out, he's been making stupid gay jokes, but then when Snooki makes gay jokes, he suddenly wants no part of it? And he has the nerve to critisize Tiger Woods yet he did the same thing at the GLAAD awards a few days before???

God, this old queen is so annoying. He's a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18203/19/2013

R181, he's never taken his relationship public until that night and THAT night was the perfect time to express his pride about being a gay man and the love he has for his supporters, family, friends and his partner. You know good and well AC has never spoken publicly about being in a relationship with Ben. The reaction from the audience when he finally said Ben's name was so strong because it was the first time and the RIGHT time for AC to say to the world that yes, he and Ben are indeed partners.

by Anonymousreply 18403/19/2013

As far as the gay jokes go, I don't think AC likes being put on the spot by others when it comes to those kinds of jokes with innuendo, he'll back away in general if someone just comes at him with it, but if you have watched him over the years, his sense of humor is sly and salacious, but he has to be in control and say the things himself. He's done that throughout 360/R&K/Anderson Live. A host on Good Day L.A. said once that one of the reasons she loves him is because he's "a little dirty" and he agreed (this was after saying something about "pleasuring himself")

by Anonymousreply 18503/19/2013

Anderson Cooper is a Frau-d that BOUGHT his GLAAD award so that he could somehow make himself feel better about being such a lousy representative as a gay man. You don't hide your partners for over 20 years and then become a poster boy for the LGBT community.

Bottom line mentioning your so called "partner" at the very end of a speech he obviously did not want to give 3 years after dating is embarrassing and very odd behavior (that is why the audience cheered).

AC is the poster boy for saving face. But it's not working sweety.

by Anonymousreply 18603/19/2013

By the way why did AC almost jump Maddona's bones? He looked like he was going to rip her clothes off and fuck her right there on the stage. What is that about? Isn't he out and proudly gay? And she frowned when he surprisingly kissed her. I don't think she wanted to be accosted like that.

by Anonymousreply 18703/19/2013

I wonder if Cesar ever pines for the one who got away....

by Anonymousreply 18803/19/2013

r187, is it any wonder? The guy had to be dragged out of the closet - any chance to show some passion to a woman in public, he proves to be right on it.

by Anonymousreply 18903/19/2013

NOPE! Rumor has it his relationship with AC was one of the worse relationships he's ever been in.

Do you benderfrau ever wonder where he is? Who he's rumored to be with? Is he happy? Is he still in New York?

Off to my other blog sites.

by Anonymousreply 19003/19/2013

The bottom line is if AC had not mentioned Ben at the awards, the same people whining about how he did it would've been whining that he didn't even mention his partner at a gay event where he was the guest of honor.

The facts are that the "Benderfrau" have been right on everything and the unhinged nuts going on and on about Cesar are just talking bullshit with no basis in reality as is VERY easily proved by the very real ongoing relationship of AC and Ben and not some made up crap about Cesar, who's been out of the picture for YEARS. It just goes to show that the crazies were made even crazier by the GLAAD awards that showed AC and Ben solidly together, in love and very happy. FACTS.

by Anonymousreply 19103/19/2013

The facts are that judging by that kiss, if Madonna would've invited him into her bed he would have accepted then and there.

by Anonymousreply 19203/19/2013

[quote]my partner Benjamin

"Benjamin"?!? Why has everyone been calling him "Ben"?

by Anonymousreply 19303/19/2013

The funny thing is he used to go by Antoine in his old rent boy days. He switched to Ben when his first sugar daddy bought him a bar and he wanted to live his past behind him. Then he switched to Benjamin for Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 19403/19/2013

More bullshit R192 and R194. AC makes it clearer than ever how uninterested in women he is. He was not turned on by Madonna. And Ben wasn't a rent boy. You people never stop with the lies.

by Anonymousreply 19503/19/2013

A rent boy is not the same as an escort.

by Anonymousreply 19603/19/2013

[quote]A rent boy is not the same as an escort.

Or a Kept boy.

by Anonymousreply 19703/19/2013

Attempts at maligning Ben cannot change the facts and reality that you can't accept.

by Anonymousreply 19803/20/2013

Why was "Andy Cohen" not include in the festivities? Is there trouble in the star fucking machinery?

by Anonymousreply 19903/20/2013

Well spotted r199. Surprised he wasn't there since so many cameras were.

by Anonymousreply 20003/20/2013

I thought Kelly/Mark/Andy C - AC and Ben's usual suspect friends would be there but they didn't appear to be there which was weird. Some people say Consuelos was at the table with AC and Ben but that guy didn't look like him to me.

by Anonymousreply 20103/20/2013

Well R181 it was the right time, but still he did make it public with that statement, just like woods and vonn and he critized them for it. Just stating the facts. I like AC and the work he has done on gay issues. The public coming out didn't need to happen since he's always been out to family and friends and coworkers but that was the last thing I guess publicly he had to get out of the way. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 20203/20/2013

R190 is the delusional Cesarfrau who can't stand the fact that Anderson has done for Ben what he has never done for Cesar: he has finally come out as a gay man and has publicly acknowledged his relationship with his partner Ben in a beautiful, heartfelt speech. This is her worst nightmare come true. Poor loon, I think she may kill herself over this.

by Anonymousreply 20303/20/2013

R202, the timing is the important thing here. For the entire 4 (or 5) years AC and Ben have been together, he has never talked about their relationship publicly and has never acknowledged Ben as his partner, of course he's going to do it after he's come out and has won an award from a gay organization with his partner right in the audience. I don't think it's hypocritical at all for him to question what Woods is doing because his situation is completely different and always has been. Were it not for the GLAAD award, it is quite likely that Anderson still would not have talked about Ben, but that was the time to do it. We may never hear him mention it again for all we know.

by Anonymousreply 20403/20/2013

Here's a link with Madonna's full speech at the awards. You can see Anderson and Ben listening to her from the 9:32 to 9:46 mark.

by Anonymousreply 20503/20/2013

Ben is very hot in that clip and he obviously loved what Madonna was saying.

by Anonymousreply 20603/20/2013

The perfect time to acknowledge Ben would have been when he was being practically slandered by the media.

It was a cute acknowledgement, but a public apology for saying nothing while Ben was being called a cheater would have been better.

I'd still wager Ben threatened to walk or go public if Andy didn't open his mouth.

All in all, just a weird relationship all around.

by Anonymousreply 20703/20/2013

I agree with r207. Also notice how Anderson left Benjamin out to dry during the picturegate scandal. I'm assuming that they were broken up during the photos of Ben making out with the park guy, then got back together just as the photos came out. Anderson is messy.

by Anonymousreply 20803/20/2013

No R207, no one knew the real story, AC and Ben did and didn't have to acknowledge it at all as long as it was cool with the both of them - they didn't owe the public any insight into what they thought about it at the time. The right time to acknowledge Ben was the time Anderson did it. It was the perfect time.

The relationship is not "weird", it's strong, solid, happy. Wager what you want, but I think you're quite wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20903/20/2013

Anderson didn't leave anyone out to dry. He didn't talk about it like he has NEVER talked about his personal life, if Ben had a problem with it, he wouldn't be with him now. You folks just don't want to believe that their relationship is totally different to what you choose to believe it is. Most people would see them as a couple who ignore gossip/tabloids and just focus on each other. If AC had a problem with Ben, Ben would be gone NOW. There IS no problem obviously.

by Anonymousreply 21003/20/2013

[quote]He didn't talk about it like he has NEVER talked about his personal life,

It's okay that he never mentioned Ben until now. That's no big deal, but this "NEVER talked about his personal life" is TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21103/20/2013

People like R207 and R208 keep making up shit while AC and Ben keep staying together. What's wrong with that picture?

by Anonymousreply 21203/20/2013

[quote]The perfect time to acknowledge Ben would have been when he was being practically slandered by the media. It was a cute acknowledgement, but a public apology for saying nothing while Ben was being called a cheater would have been better.

Absolutely not, R207. Addressing the rumors floated by the gossip press would have only served to feed the story. It's clear by now that neither AC nor Ben are interested in dignifying those stories by responding. I think it's actually rather smart and savy of them to ignore the rumors. They don't owe an explanation to the gossip sites that spread them in the first place.

[quote]I'd still wager Ben threatened to walk or go public if Andy didn't open his mouth

This theory of yours offers an interesting insight into your bizarre, paranoid mind.

[quote]All in all, just a weird relationship all around.

It sounds like you would find a reason to criticize their relationship no matter what they choose to do.

by Anonymousreply 21303/20/2013

R207, R208 and R211 were obviously all posted by the same person pretending to be different people agreeing with each other.

by Anonymousreply 21403/20/2013

He owed Ben the courtesy to tell the public that he wasn't cheating. Not everything in the world is going to be done under your conditions. Sometimes you have to man up and tell the world your business. You people defending Anderson are only making him out to be completely selfish and only concerned with doing things when it suits HIM.

Even in that video of them walking to the boat, there is no contact with Ben from Anderson or any of his friends. They avoid him like the plague.

If Ben is fine with it, then more power to him. But it doesn't change the fact that it is just plain weird. There's some issues going on there.

And R214 this is all you have, isn't it? So sad.

by Anonymousreply 21503/20/2013

R214 was obviously posted by a moron, too stupid to comprehend that 211 does NOT agree with 207 and 208.

by Anonymousreply 21603/20/2013

R211, by PERSONAL LIFE you know I mean his DATING/RELATIONSHIP life and are you going to tell me he's talked about the men he's dated?

R215, are you joking?? Don't you think they had the discussion of what to do about it and agreed to not address it? Because I'm pretty certain that's what happened. Neither Anderson nor Ben had to tell the public a damn thing.

And that's all R214 NEEDS, because it's RIGHT. And thank you R213.

by Anonymousreply 21703/20/2013

[quote]But it doesn't change the fact that it is just plain weird. There's some issues going on there.

The "issues" are with YOU and the weirdness is all in YOUR mind. Has ZERO to do with Anderson and Ben as clearly they are still together and happy. What's weird is that you want to see a problem where there is none.

by Anonymousreply 21803/20/2013

"Neither Anderson nor Ben had to tell the public a damn thing."

No. Anderson clearly owed it to Ben.

by Anonymousreply 21903/20/2013

Should BEN be the one to decide that R219 and what exactly happened? It didn't happen which leads me to believe that Ben didn't have a problem with how Anderson handled it and agreed with it. It's insane that you folks don't think they would've had a DISCUSSION about this and agree on something TOGETHER since they are a COUPLE. Please use your brains.

by Anonymousreply 22003/20/2013

If we're going to pretend to be different posters, then might I add that you don't use caps to emphasize words in all of your posts, Benderson troll.

by Anonymousreply 22103/20/2013

[quote]Sometimes you have to man up and tell the world your business.

Only a crazy person would think that, r215. You need help.

[quote]If Ben is fine with it, then more power to him.

I'm sure Ben is quite fine. If I recall correctly, he was the one supposed to have cheated on Anderson, and AC was the cuckold, right? At least that's according to the narrative you seem to have embraced, R215. Therefore, Anderson is far from the selfish one in that little scenario that you're pushing. On the contrary, he's actually the one who's letting Ben get away with murder by allowing him to cheat and not breaking up with him. Did you ever think about that?

by Anonymousreply 22203/20/2013

Better to be a Benderson who is RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING instead of a delusional nut who has to make up shit about them to make herself feel better about life. CAPITALIZE THAT.

by Anonymousreply 22303/20/2013

[quote]Sometimes you have to man up and tell the world your business.

That is about THE most ludicrous statement ever in these AC threads.

by Anonymousreply 22403/20/2013

[quote]by PERSONAL LIFE you know I mean his DATING/RELATIONSHIP life and are you going to tell me he's talked about the men he's dated?

Why are you unable to write what you "mean"? If you're referring to his "DATING/RELATIONSHIP life" why are you talking about personal life which easily can be seen as family, partners, friends, hobbies, interests, and dozens upon dozens of other topics.

Do you expect everyone to guess at your meaning when you are totally incapable of expressing it in writing?

The fact that he waited until now to talk about his partner doesn't matter, but don't post the stupid oft-repeated Cooper thread claim that he "NEVER talks about his personal life." It was bullshit the first time it was posted here five or six years ago, and that hasn't changed.

by Anonymousreply 22503/20/2013

I'd like R215/r219 to explain to me how she can rationalize that Anderson is the selfish one who owes Ben an explanation/apology when according to her, he was the one being cuckolded by Ben? Even taken on their own terms, her crazy theories make no sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 22603/20/2013

Thank you R224!

by Anonymousreply 22703/20/2013

Yes R225, I should've realized you were an ignoramus unable to figure out the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 22803/20/2013

Exactly R226!

by Anonymousreply 22903/20/2013

I love how Anderson thanking Ben and referring to him as his partner in his moving speech at the GLAAD awards has pissed off the DL loonies big time. It's absolutely killing them!

by Anonymousreply 23003/20/2013

So true R230, as crazy as they were before, that moment at GLAAD has rendered them utterly unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 23103/20/2013

[quote]I love how Anderson thanking Ben and referring to him as his partner in his moving speech at the GLAAD awards has pissed off the DL loonies big time. It's absolutely killing them!

I wouldn't go that far. I think we all know why Ben accepts whatever scraps Anderson throws his way. He has no real choice or anywhere else to go.

But why do you guys give Anderson pass after pass. Yeah, he's out now but does that make everything that comes before it okay? Does Ken Mehlman get a pass also?

by Anonymousreply 23203/20/2013

LOL R230 calling others crazy.

It's amusing that you're having a meltdown over someone simply stating that Anderson should have told the public that his partner was not a cheater.

And I have no idea what this narrative you speak of is. You spend way too much time on this thread and have such a dangerous obsession in this couple.

AC and Ben would clearly be scared shitless of you more than ever would of me. You're the reason why celebrities hire bodyguards.

by Anonymousreply 23303/20/2013

[quote] think we all know why Ben accepts whatever scraps Anderson throws his way. He has no real choice or anywhere else to go.

Oh please R232, you're so transparent. Meanwhile, if Ben really had nowhere to go, how come AC didn't kick him out after he was caught cheating on him? You would think that after such a public humiliation, Anderson would have quickly broken up with Ben (isn't that what you were desperately hoping for?). It seems to me that, far from "accepting whatever scraps AC throws his way', Ben is the one in charge here. Not only did he and AC not break up last summer, as the loonies on DL were predicting with frantic hope, but now he got Anderson to acknowledge him as his partner in a public speech.

[quote] I have no idea what this narrative you speak of is.

R233, the part of your theory where you claim that Anderson was the selfish one who owed Ben a public apology, when Ben was the one doing the alleged cuckolding. It makes no sense, and you have yet to explain yourself.

by Anonymousreply 23403/20/2013

R233, you're the one AC and Ben would be afraid of. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 23503/20/2013

[quote]But why do you guys give Anderson pass after pass. Yeah, he's out now but does that make everything that comes before it okay? Does Ken Mehlman get a pass also?

Anderson gets a "pass" as you put it, because unlike Mehlman, he wasn't out to actively hurt the gay community while pretending he wasn't gay. AC was helping and focusing on gay issues on his show, all he did was come out later in life and that is apparently a bigger crime to some folks than a closet case like Melhman who was in a position to do actual damage to the LGBT community. Do some thinking people.

by Anonymousreply 23603/20/2013

What. the. fuck.

by Anonymousreply 23703/20/2013

Thanks for that link R205. It was cool to see Anderson and Ben's reaction to Madonna, they're so cute together.

The haters should just be ignored, whatever AC does or doesn't do, they'll always whine and bitch, and their arguments are beyond reason. Now that Anderson is finally out as a gay man and has acknowledged Ben as his partner, it should put an end to their constant nagging, but of course they'll keep at it because they're insane. The fact that they hate Ben with the intensity of a thousand suns pretty much guarantee that they'll never stop posting bitchy comments about him. I hope AC and Ben stay together for a very long time just to piss them off, lol!

Funny link R237.

by Anonymousreply 23803/20/2013

Of course you are absolutely right R238, but it's just frustrating to see their ignorant and insane comments and not want to counter them. They would love to just have control on these threads to spread their lies and nonsense about AC and Ben and sometimes the sane folks have to speak up against them.

by Anonymousreply 23903/20/2013

[quote] I hope AC and Ben stay together for a very long time just to piss them off, lol!

Thank you R238!

by Anonymousreply 24003/20/2013

I know it's frustrating not to respond to their posts R239, God knows I've wasted time and energy trying to reason with them in the past! Sometimes, it does feel like the haters are trying to control these threads with their bullshit and made up rumors, which can be quite frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 24103/20/2013

Ben does not like being the subject of so much intensive discussion here. That's been stated before, but shouted down by some who continue to speculate on what they know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 24203/20/2013

Rumor has it that Ben has some interesting business partners and he'd be wise to stick with Ander$on.

by Anonymousreply 24303/20/2013

[quote]all he did was come out later in life and that is apparently a bigger crime to some folks than a closet case like Melhman who was in a position to do actual damage to the LGBT community. Do some thinking people.

The plethora of threads in praise of Ken Mehlman is truly pathetic. He really gets a lot of love from everyone at DL. So glad you brought it up R236. You should start another thread about it.

by Anonymousreply 24403/20/2013

[quote]Ben does not like being the subject of so much intensive discussion here.

Exactly! So good that someone with inside info is posting the truth for a change.

by Anonymousreply 24503/20/2013

I always have to check in on these AC threads.

Where else on the internets can you get a whole, heapin' helpin' of cra cra in one place?

by Anonymousreply 24603/20/2013

And how would anyone even know if Ben even knows of DL's existence? I'd imagine he has better things to do with his time.

by Anonymousreply 24703/20/2013

What about those Broadway threads, seems like those would get a little crazy.

by Anonymousreply 24803/20/2013

Since you seem so eager for the truth r245, here's some more "inside info" for you: since he met Ben over 4 years ago, Anderson has done what was once thought unthinkable: he has finally come out as a gay man, and he has acknowledged and thanked his partner in a public speech. You can take this "inside info" to the bank, it's the absolute unfettered truth. The rest is pure DL bullshit. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 24903/20/2013

Well some of us always knew Ben was the game-changer.

by Anonymousreply 25003/20/2013

Even without being on the "inside".

by Anonymousreply 25103/20/2013

Ben blackmailed his way out of the cheating scandal. Apparently Ben had the contract for the Anderson tell all book deal ready to go (wild three ways, open relationships, porn stars, rent boys, MTV Dolphin Trainers, all the sordid details). Anderson got wind of the deal and begged Ben to not do it, which is how they got back together. Apparently they were in separate rooms until Ben went though major testing. He also had to sign a new contract.

by Anonymousreply 25203/20/2013

....but come the next fashion show, guess who'll still be sitting in the back of the metaphorical bus.

by Anonymousreply 25303/20/2013

R249 You know nothing. Just stop.

Really. It's not cute.

by Anonymousreply 25403/20/2013

Nice imagination you got there, r252. You should write sci-fi books.

by Anonymousreply 25503/20/2013

[quote]Anderson has done what was once thought unthinkable: he has finally come out as a gay man, and he has acknowledged and thanked his partner in a public speech.

Just because you thought it "unthinkable" R249, doesn't mean the rest of us thought he would stay in the closet forever. I guess we were way ahead of you on that.

by Anonymousreply 25603/20/2013

You can tell how upset R252/r253 is that AC has claimed Ben as his partner in such a public way, she's letting her imagination run wild with all sorts of convoluted stories to explain the fact that Ben is still here, lol! Expect more of her bullshit on DL in the coming hours and days, posting as different people with various inside info of rather dubious nature. This is going to be very entertaining. Pass the popcorn!

by Anonymousreply 25703/20/2013

How perfect is it that AC and Ben live in a firehouse?

by Anonymousreply 25803/20/2013

It is very significant that Ben is the only man he has ever acknowledged in public.

by Anonymousreply 25903/20/2013

[quote]Also he criticized Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn for taking their relationship public when he did the same thing saturday night at the glaad awards thnking his "partner" AC again contradicted himself. He probably doesn't realize how much he does that to himself.

*Sigh*, he didn't criticize Woods and Vonn for "taking their relationship public"--he merely snarked at the way they went public: via Twitter posts and a cringe-worthy photoshoot. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 26003/20/2013

I think so too, r259. It's significant that he didn't come out nor ever publicly acknowledged his partner until Ben came along. It speaks to the profound impact that this relationship has had on Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 26103/20/2013

R259 Since Anderson just publicly came out in July 2012 - who else would he have acknowledged in public as his boyfriend/partner? Had he acknowledged Julio as his partner in Dispatches - he would have been outing himself.

Public sentiment towards the acceptance of the LGBT community has only recently become more favorable. Anderson wasn't ready to come out when he was with Julio or Steve,etc. as it probably would have been professional suicide.

I'm not trying to say it wasn't a big step for Anderson to acknowledge Ben, just trying to put it in perspective, given the change in society's acceptance and Anderson now being publicly out.

by Anonymousreply 26203/20/2013

I hate to sound somewhat - bitter? here, and I know it's very hard for famous people to risk coming out, but I almost have a rather jaded sense of "too little, too late" here. Look at all the threads on this board for - a couple of years? where people stated, rightly so that they fucking KNEW Anderson was gay; knew about Ben, etc.

'Bout motherfucking TIME Anderson acknowledged Ben in public. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that event and shouted out, "what TOOK you so long, asshole?"

I'm glad his show is being (was?) cancelled. If he gets "Jeopardy", I may boycott it after 30+ years. Asshole, asshole, asshole. He ought to make ANOTHER speech apologizing for being in the closet so long.

by Anonymousreply 26303/21/2013

R263 (I think?) here again. I am currently (unhappily) living in a small town, several steps BELOW "flyover" even. Was talking to my apt manager today - straight guy; head up ass, accountant, boring but nice; ANYway, Anderson's name came up, and the apt manager said his wife was shocked, shocked, SHOCKED when Anderson came out! SHe had heard rumors, refused to believe them; her husband laughed and said, she had fantasies of being someone who could "turn" Anderson, hee-hee!

So even though I haven't met her, it was like "Meeting a frau-by-association" - and there are doubtless tons of Anderson-fraus, dejected, out there (I know this has been discussed many times on this board; guess I just couldn't quite belive it!)

by Anonymousreply 26403/21/2013

Still R262, it does indicate that Anderson feels quite strongly about his relationship that he's publicly thanking Ben as his partner, which is something that he's never done before.

by Anonymousreply 26503/21/2013

[quote]SHe had heard rumors, refused to believe them; her husband laughed and said, she had fantasies of being someone who could "turn" Anderson, hee-hee!

Straight women can be so dumb. I have yet to meet a woman who could "turn" a gay guy. It just doesn't work that way in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 26603/21/2013

Those same stupid women will call you a liar if you claim John Travolta is gay.

by Anonymousreply 26703/21/2013

Seems like Anderson is the only "older" famous gay man who comes out later in life to get so much crap for it. Seems like other people get congratulated for it and not criticized, I don't know why that is. I think it's great that he finally made that decision and that he was able to acknowledge Ben at last.

by Anonymousreply 26803/21/2013

"Too little too late"? WTF is that?

Who said he needed to do anything for you and on your time? Control your ego r263

by Anonymousreply 26903/21/2013

r269=Anderson

by Anonymousreply 27003/21/2013

R269, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 27103/21/2013

There's a piece in the New York Times today about the GLAAD awards (apparently the ceremony ran way too long).

by Anonymousreply 27203/21/2013

[quote]Seems like Anderson is the only "older" famous gay man who comes out later in life to get so much crap for it. Seems like other people get congratulated for it and not criticized, I don't know why that is.

That observation has a lot of merit, R268, and should be followed up.

Make a list of recently out gay men, between the age of 45 and 50, who appeared on TV from five to ten times a week, who were very aware that people who viewed them as being in a glass closet felt they were projecting gay shame.

When we have that list, we can compare which of those men got "so much crap" for coming out and which ones were congratulated. It will be interesting to see how things stack up, R263. No doubt others also look forward to seeing the identities of the "congratulated" men you are comparing to Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 27303/21/2013

R273 is tiresome. Anderson is now out, why do you have to go on and on about this? There are so many other closeted gay men right now, some of whom are actively working against our community (hello Shep Smith!), so why focus so much on criticizing AC who has been doing extensive pro-LGBT reporting over the years and who's now out? Your rant makes you sound like you hold an irrational grudge against him that has little to do with logic and a lot more with your own issues.

by Anonymousreply 27403/21/2013

AC should have been respected by self respecting glbt people all along before he decided to cofirm the obvious to strangers and definitely he should be now. People continue to attack him because he didn't publicly announce to the world that he was gay sooner? Sorry but get over it. You come out to the world, every social media site, or every stranger you know. Truth is he didn't owe anyone anything to announce he was gay he been TOLD his family and friends and cowrkers. Some people have a nerve...

by Anonymousreply 27503/21/2013

Your complaint is what's tiresome R274. Are you unable to comprehend that it was a reply to the very astute observation of R268. Why are you against people having an online convo in this forum? Don't you know how Internet forums are supposed to work? Are you new to the Internet?

I'm guessing that you don't enter any thread that compares the Today show with GMA to announce that it's "tiresome." Why do you object to comparing Anderson Cooper with other out celebs R274?

What do you find wrong with R268's claim about Anderson not getting equal treatment to others who have come out? Surely AC compares favorably in many ways to other out celebs but you seem to want it kept from view. If you find it so "tiresome" why don't you just leave and let others carry on a conversation about this award-winning out gay celeb who is admired by many people across the nation.

by Anonymousreply 27603/21/2013

God you're tiresome R276! It must be exhausting living inside your head.

by Anonymousreply 27703/21/2013

Another complaint from the Tiresome Troll at R277. She lacks the ability to add to any discussion so she posts her "tiresome" complaint over and over and over and over. Is that not the epitome of tiresome?

by Anonymousreply 27803/21/2013

[quote]Is that not the epitome of tiresome?

No dear R278. You are the epitome of tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 27903/21/2013

Why do you MULTIPLES continue to answer your own post? Can we say Cybil? Stop talking to yourselves and get a life! Nobody's buying your cowardly bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 28003/21/2013

[quote]Your rant makes you sound like you hold an irrational grudge against him that has little to do with logic and a lot more with your own issues.

This explains EVERYTHING. And that's why reasoning with these critics of AC is impossible, they have an agenda, an ax to grind and if AC did everything they think he should (which he has already) they will NEVER be happy with him because they have no intention of being happy with him. They exist to trash him no matter what. It's irrational and crazy.

by Anonymousreply 28103/21/2013

Speaking of multiples, I see that the paranoid Cesarfrau (r280) is back posting here today. She sure knows a lot about talking to herself, I hear she does it quite often in her padded cell, asking questions about her beloved Cesar and answering to herself!

by Anonymousreply 28203/21/2013

There's a lot of anger on this thread. I guess the loonies are up in arms now that Anderson has publicly thanked Ben as his partner in a moving speech. It's been a rough week for the crazy haters.

by Anonymousreply 28303/21/2013

So big deal, Anderson decides to thank his live in rent boy. The same rent boy that was practically presenting his hole in Central Park with some trick that he'd just met. Think about all the times when the cameras haven't caught Ben and his shenanigans. I hope Anderson is getting regular STD panels.

by Anonymousreply 28403/21/2013

Right on cue, r284! As I was saying, the loonies are really pissed off now that Ben is officially the only man that Anderson has ever publicly acknowledged as his partner. Tough pill to swallow for the haters!

by Anonymousreply 28503/21/2013

Yes R285, it's killing them. They have to unleash their rage somehow before it builds up in them and explodes. This is their WORST nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 28603/21/2013

The Tiresome Troll is back again at R282 with more complaints. Now she's seeing the infamous multiples and Cesarfrau.

Has this cray-cray ever contributed to any civil discourse in any thread on any topic?

It would be nice to hear more news of Anderson getting that award Sunday night. It's a given that we won't get any input from the Tiresome Troll but others must have something to contribute.

It's interesting that the NY Times posted the reaction of "Out" magazine's Aaron Hicklin. Apparently Hicklin tweeted that giving the Vito Russo Award to Anderson was inappropriate.

Was the Times attempting to give more than one side to the story or what??? It just seemed strange.

Was Andy Cohen live on TV elsewhere on Sunday night? Where was the Ripa-Consuelos couple? Why did they skip this event?

by Anonymousreply 28703/21/2013

He's got the award, deserves so Aaron Hicklin and R287 can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 28803/21/2013

Where was i?

by Anonymousreply 28903/21/2013

R218

Kathleen Chalfant, who's her gf?

by Anonymousreply 29003/21/2013

Not everyone is as in lust and love with Cooper as your garden variety fangirl is, r288.

by Anonymousreply 29103/21/2013

R281

by Anonymousreply 29203/21/2013

R287

by Anonymousreply 29303/21/2013

IDGAF R291

by Anonymousreply 29403/21/2013

R294

by Anonymousreply 29503/21/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if they have an open relationship. Anderson likes the young boys. Lots of rumors about that. I'm sure Ben does as well. Rumors about him too. It seems their relationship works for them. If it stops working they'll move on. It's their life. It's fun to gossip and talk about celebrities but there is no reason to take this shit so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 29603/21/2013

They don't have an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 29703/21/2013

Aaron Hicklin explained that he had no problem with Anderson Cooper receiving any other GLAAD award. His objection was to an award named in honor of Vito Russo, described in the Times as “someone who devoted his life to exposing the negative impact of the closet.”

How do you view this NY Times related aspect of Sunday night's award R288? Please share us your views of the overall celebration and festivities.

Anderson Cooper, out of the closet after many years, pays tribute to his partner, gets a major award from a major celebrity but you can't post anything positive R294? Does your entire vocabulary revolve around "fuck"?

by Anonymousreply 29803/21/2013

[quote] They don't have an open relationship.

Kathleen Chalfant is not in an open relationship with her gf?

Who is her gf anyways?

by Anonymousreply 29903/21/2013

R287 & R298 you haven't answered the question yet.

Why are you trying to avoid the question?

by Anonymousreply 30003/21/2013

Please fuck off R298.

by Anonymousreply 30103/21/2013

Blah blah blah R300. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 30203/21/2013

R301 R298 refused to answer the question about Kathleen Chalfant.

Wonder what she is afraid of.

by Anonymousreply 30303/21/2013

Certainly not you and your inanities R303.

by Anonymousreply 30403/21/2013

The constant use of "fuck" is a sign of a limited vocabulary, R301. Are you unable to stop slinging barbs for five minutes in order to give us your impressions of Sunday night's award recipients? Do you know how to contribute anything positive to a discussion? You seem to exhibit the mindset of a Fundie frau. Please try to come up a level from your basement outlook.

by Anonymousreply 30503/21/2013

And you wonder why people call you tiresome, R305!

by Anonymousreply 30603/21/2013

[quote]And you wonder why people call you tiresome,

No! There's nothing to wonder about. It's very clear why they are afraid to add to any discussion.

by Anonymousreply 30703/21/2013

Please remind us all what is it exactly that we're supposed to be afraid of, r307? Your response should be entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 30803/21/2013

[quote]Please remind us all what is it exactly that we're supposed to be afraid of, R307? Your response should be entertaining!

That sounds like a possible discussion topic following you leading a discusioon on the various aspects of the NY Times article.

After all, R308, you were the one who put it up for discussion with your post at R272.

It's an article in one of the world's major newspapers about the exact subject of this thread.

Surely you are equipped to discuss the many aspects of the event coverage in the Times since you've been able to give it deep thought and consideration since you brought it to this thread at 10:46 this morning.

by Anonymousreply 30903/21/2013

I'm perfectly equipped to have a normal discussion with any sane, rational person who's not desperate to always the last word in every single conversation. Alas, that description doesn't apply to you r309. As someone else said, you're a tiresome bore.

by Anonymousreply 31003/21/2013

[quote]I'm perfectly equipped to have a normal discussion with any sane, rational person who's not desperate to always the last word in every single conversation

Conversation? You've seen a conversation since you posted that link to the Times R310? Where? What time of day? Did you take it to another thread?

DL must really be messed up because there is nothing but bashing and complaints showing up on my laptop since you posted your TIMES link. Please repost all the scintilating conversation that you've been reading and posting on the Times article. Of course, I can NOT possibly have the last word, since I haven't even seen any conversation. Don't deny us your valuable input r310.

by Anonymousreply 31103/21/2013

And you seriously wonder why people call you tiresome, r311? You need help.

On another note, Anderson's report on Nile crocodiles will air this weekend on 60 Minutes. It sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 31203/21/2013

R305, all of your posts are a sign of limited brain cells so a simple fuck you is all you deserve.

R312, he's a badass like Madonna says. Screw the haters.

by Anonymousreply 31303/22/2013

Thanks for the link r312, that crocodile piece looks very cool. The second croc they encounter under water is huge. It must have been scary to find yourself in such close proximity with these animals.

by Anonymousreply 31403/22/2013

Kathy G cohost next week. A God I wonder how many times will she hit on AC? She is getting a bit annoying with her schick coming on to AC when she of all people know he is not interested...

by Anonymousreply 31503/22/2013

I didn't see anyone post any pics but AC and Ben did post for pics at the glaad awards with other guest...

by Anonymousreply 31603/22/2013

Pose I meant.

by Anonymousreply 31703/22/2013

Someone posted a video of AC and Ben at the Madonna concert, before there were just those pics. Ben is very affectionate, putting his arm around AC and rubbing his head, very playful. You can see he loves AC very much, AC is more reserved.

by Anonymousreply 31803/22/2013

[quote]AC is more reserved.

LOL, it's not like that's a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 31903/22/2013

Great video, thanks R318! I find it interesting that you can see a lot of people taking pics of AC, Ben, Kelly and Mark at the beginning of the video, yet none of those pics have surfaced yet. I guess not everyone post their pics on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook.

I love how relaxed, comfortable and affectionate AC and Ben are. Granted, Ben is the one doing most of the touching, but you can tell that AC likes it and lets him do it. Their body language is very interesting, Ben seems very protective of Anderson, who acts more demure around Ben. Anyway, it's fascinating to see them interact with each other, with their friends, and in a public like that. AC and Ben are a lot more casual about being affectionate with each other in public that I thought. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 32003/22/2013

Very odd for people like r319 to keep bringing up Cesar after all these years. Obsessed much? When was the last time we even saw a pic of him?

That video shows Anderson and Ben to be just like any other out gay couple. They're a lot more lovey-dovey than some people around here would have us believe.

by Anonymousreply 32103/22/2013

Ben seems very dominant and very protective of AC. AC seems like a strong person in general but I bet he loves having Ben looking after him and protecting him.

by Anonymousreply 32203/22/2013

Grumpy Anderson LOL

by Anonymousreply 32303/23/2013

I thought the video of them at the concert was endearing. They are just like any other couple.

by Anonymousreply 32403/24/2013

I think there are no threesomes or open relationship with AC and Ben. They seem totally into each other after 4 years together, look at that video clip, there's a lot of playfulness and closeness.

by Anonymousreply 32503/24/2013

Is there another thread? No new post here since the 24th

by Anonymousreply 32603/27/2013

Try this one R326

by Anonymousreply 32703/28/2013

Here's an old sighting of Anderson on a date with a guy at a restaurant in Brooklyn, dating from 2007. Could it have been Ben then? We don't really know when they met exactly, but they seemed very close as soon as the first pics of them together surfaced, which would indicate that they had been seeing each other for a while before it became public knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 32805/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.