Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mindy McCready Killed Her Boyfriend

Didn't she?

Makes sense now.

Police were on her tail.

by Anonymousreply 2102/24/2013

According to the police she was never a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

I thought it was that she was no longer a suspect. Neighbors and she herself say they were fighting the night of his suicide. I'm sure that could drive someone to suicide, but maybe she killed herself from guilt about killing him. I dunno. It's fishy.

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

She might have been on drugs and killed him.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

Yes she was never a suspect, but the police still have her listed as a PERSON OF INTEREST.

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

What drugs was Mindy abusing? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 502/21/2013

Her father recently had reported she was drinking alcohol and abusing nonspecific Rx drugs. She was probably taking anything she could get her hands on. Nothing's been released about what was found at her residence, so further info won't be available until toxicology reports are released.

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2013

[quote]Yes she was never a suspect, but the police still have her listed as a PERSON OF INTEREST.

Why didn't she take an overdose. It's extremely rare for a woman to shoot herself. Men do that.

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2013

Someone posted a clip here the other day of her seizure on Celebrity Rehab. That freaked me the fuck out. Holy shit. I have never seen someone have a seizure. I wanted to slap that daddy-fucking bitch who laughed at her.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013

It's understandable that someone would laugh initially, thinking someone was faking a seizure. We've only seen a small amount of footage and perhaps don't have an accurate understanding of their relationship (2 mentally unstable addicts on a reality show).

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2013

MacKenzie Phillips was her roommate on CR w/Dr. Drew; at the point in the show where she had the seizure, there was a LOT of other types of drama going on; it seemed to me that Phillips initially may have thought Mindy was trying to create some drama of her own, since she was quite meek, mild and vanilla up to that point on the show. (Just think about how people will say, "she did a Linda Blair on me" or "don't go all Arnold Schwarzenegger on me", implying that weird behavior is sometimes affected as a means of nonverbally communicating a message.)

After a second, Phillips realized it was a real seizure, and immediately flagged a nurse.

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

Can't care about this horsefaced drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

On some TV interview they asked her outright if she shot her boyfriend, so they weren't silent suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Can someone summarise her story?

I've read a bit about the start of her career (the PR line, at least) and she comes across as quite determined - going to Nashville with a promise to her mother that if she didn't "make it" in a year, she'd go college, and then signing her record deal within that time frame.

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

My heart goes out to her after this last set-back, but she's a fighter and I know that with the Lord's love she'll get through this. HE can do anything, if Mindy only has enough faith. And the prayers of her millions of fans.

by Anonymousreply 1402/21/2013

R7, even the best-planned overdoses can fail. A bullet to the brain is very untidy, but difficult to foul up.

The psychology behind it is this:

Female suicide attempts are not always intended to succeed, while the overwhelming majority of male suicide attempts are found to have been made with the intent of succeeding. Female survivors often recover, whereas male survivors usually try again and are successful.

Unless there is expert knowledge involved, as in Arpad Miklos' case, overdose suicide attempts often fail. Suicide attempts with firearms rarely fail. I feel that Ms. McCready shot herself in the head to ensure her death.

I wanted to include more personal info and how Arpad's death affected me, but decided to defer that indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 1502/21/2013

"According to the police she was never a suspect."

But then, aren't cops always the last to know? They just shake their heads and put it in the cold case file. You have to hit them across the forehead with a board.

by Anonymousreply 1602/21/2013

There were a lot of questions about the now dead bf and the investigation was re-opened, then she killed herself and her dog.

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2013

According to the police she had no gunpowder residue on her hands. The women's life was tragic

by Anonymousreply 1802/22/2013

Men/Women who were in a relationship with the victim are ususally Person's of Interest, particularly in the early stages of an investigaion.

by Anonymousreply 1902/22/2013

[quote]According to the police she had no gunpowder residue on her hands.

So they now think she didn't kill herself? She couldn't shoot herself and the dog if there was no trace of gunpowder residue.

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!