Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WHET to Patrick Wilson?

His perfect ass and giant cock should've ensured him a longer shelf life. Why did it all go south?

by Anonymousreply 9012/11/2014

I don't know, but i think he's one of the most handsome men on earth. He should have had Hugh Jackman's career. He dances, he sings, he's naturally masculine, he can play a superhero? Maybe he just didn't get the right project to sear him in the public's mind?

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2013

He was just on a highly talked about episode of "Girls"

by Anonymousreply 202/20/2013

Well, he starred in the TV drama "A Gifted Man" recently, but unfortunately it was cancelled. He was wonderful in "The Phantom of the Opera".

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2013

I wanted to like "A Gifted Man," but I didn't. His looks are quickly going south.

by Anonymousreply 402/20/2013

The guy in the 25th Anniversary Phamtom made a hotter Raoul

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2013

I don't think he is interested in being a star. It is okay to just be a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 602/20/2013

He has a shitty agent. He should be more well-known.

by Anonymousreply 702/20/2013

He was perfect in Little Children. I have 2 theories on him. Theory #1 is that he is very choosy about parts and only picks things that speak to him. Theory #2 is that he is tough to cast. He's really good looking, but he doesn't pop off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 802/20/2013

Wasn't he just recently in Young Adult, that Charlize Theron movie?

by Anonymousreply 902/20/2013

He's handsome but bland. He's a decent actor but not great. His ass used to be rather nice, but it's gone south, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 1002/20/2013

Talent aside, it's hard for me to see his appeal. He so bland-looking, and that receding hairline doesn't help. Not my type, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1102/20/2013

He would make a perfect addition to "The Good Wife."

by Anonymousreply 1202/20/2013

He is great in "Angels in America. " You have to be hungry for fame and willing to sell, sell, sell to be a big star.

by Anonymousreply 1302/20/2013

Lens Dunham happened, that's what.

by Anonymousreply 1402/20/2013

The CBS show where he played a slick doctor with visions of his dead wife would have been a great tv movie but it had no teeth to run as a series... bad choice for him.

by Anonymousreply 1502/20/2013

Isn't already on the Good Wife?

by Anonymousreply 1602/20/2013

He was born to play Zaza in the movie-musical version of La Cage aux Folles. Maybe someone will read this and cast him.

by Anonymousreply 1702/20/2013

It's the DL curse: hardly the first time that a DL fave never lives up to expectations of stardom.

I just watched LITTLE CHILDREN again on cable. I enjoyed it more this time. I think one of the reasons it works (and many of Wilson's other roles, like EVENING or WATCHMEN don't) is precisely because he is a good-looking blank onscreen. It was perfect casting. And of course, his body is spectacular in this one.

He should go back and do theatre. He has some impressive credits there, and appears to be liked and respected on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 1802/20/2013

It was totally unrealistic that someone as hot as he is (even if he is losing his looks) would find anything attractive in that tattooed lump of dough that is Lens Dunham. She is repulsive to straight men, gay men and lesbians.

He needs better representation, STAT.

He wasn't even the hottest guy in the A-TEAM movie when he should have been (Bradley Cooper was) or in PROMETHEUS (Michael Fassbinder was). There's something very wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 2102/21/2013

The green card marriage made the gays lose interest.

by Anonymousreply 2202/21/2013

Green card marriage? huh? he married an American...no?

by Anonymousreply 2302/21/2013

What does WHET mean/stand for?

by Anonymousreply 2402/21/2013

What ever happened to?

but the DL tradition is to put WHET instead of WEHT

by Anonymousreply 2502/21/2013

[quote]That show of hers gives her the opportunity to fantasy fuck anyone and everyone she would never be able to attract in real life.

Isn't the male version of this the reason there have been innumerable movies and TV shows where a gorgeous woman is with an ugly man? Every time I've watched Casablanca, I've wondered why anybody thought Ingrid Bergman would want that pockmarked buck-toothed ugly little gnome.

by Anonymousreply 2602/21/2013

He is way too bland, but he still has a good career. He is a supporting player and that's fine for him it seems.

by Anonymousreply 2702/21/2013

r26 the difference is that women are not as looks oriented as men.

by Anonymousreply 2802/21/2013

I disagree, R28. Women are accustomed to having their preferences ignored but that doesn't mean they don't have them.

My women friends don't like those movies where the fat ugly guy gets the most beautiful woman in town, the guy version of romcoms. The only reason Jennifer Aniston ends up with a drunk piece of shit with a busted face like Vince Vaughn or Gerard Butler is because male producers think that's the only way a man will see those movies.

by Anonymousreply 2902/21/2013

But in life women look for things other than a pretty face....security, protection, supportive, emotionally available

men just like a pretty face

by Anonymousreply 3002/21/2013

That's probably true, R30, but movies and TV shows are fantasy, not what women are willing to settle for.

by Anonymousreply 3102/21/2013

R26 Please do not insult my friend Paul Henreid like that!

by Anonymousreply 3202/21/2013

You know, one of you cunts COULD post a goddamned picture. RUDE!!

by Anonymousreply 3302/21/2013

Quite big head. Not hijjus, but certainly far from the handsomest man who ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 3402/21/2013

"His perfect ass and giant cock should've ensured him a longer shelf life."

Yes, OP, because a perfect ass and a giant cock make all the difference for an actor.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3502/21/2013

He should win an Emmy for playing a man who would actually want to fuck Lena Dunham.

I thought I was going to vomit on the couch during the ping pong scene.

by Anonymousreply 3602/21/2013

I think he's goodlooking in a very "every day guy" kind of way. He's attractive but blends in like a hot suburban husband/daddy. He's the hunk next door doing his lawn who all the soccer fraus drool over and peek through the window at.

Probably why he was perfect in Little Children.

by Anonymousreply 3702/21/2013

His wife Dagmara Dominczyk is from Poland.

by Anonymousreply 3802/21/2013

She moved to New York when she was seven because her father was a political exile, so it's possible she was a citizen. Also possible she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 3902/21/2013

He's so bland as to be forgettable looking. I would never remember who he is or what he looks like if DL didn't keep bringing him up.

by Anonymousreply 4002/21/2013

That ass is beyond amazing. What I wouldn't give to be her. NSFW.

by Anonymousreply 4102/21/2013

She also went to Carnegie Mellon.

by Anonymousreply 4202/21/2013

[quote] Isn't the male version of this the reason there have been innumerable movies and TV shows where a gorgeous woman is with an ugly man?

This actually happens in real life all the time. Rich old guys get young beautiful women. Billy Joel, Mick Jagger. Politicians get women -- look at Newt Gingrich. That pasty butterball has had 3 wives.

But when was the last time you saw a Lena Dunham type wearing a toddler sun suit, flab hanging out, hair greasy, etc, with a hot guy IRL?

by Anonymousreply 4302/21/2013

DL is always complaining about "hot daddies" with "fat fraus," r43.

Anyway, r29/r31 has it right. One of the most egregious examples of this in recent memory is "Knocked up", where Seth Rogan plays a fat slob with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The audience is supposed to accept that a beautiful woman not only willingly sleeps with him, but falls in love with him. Ugly losers all over the globe ate it up.

If we can accept the str8 male fantasies that Hollywood churns out all the time, maybe we should extend that generosity to women every once in while.

by Anonymousreply 4402/21/2013

how do we know he has a giant cock? you would think a giant cock would get him at least b list roles in a list movies.

by Anonymousreply 4502/21/2013

Anyone see his feet?

If there are photos, could you please post. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 4602/21/2013

Nice pits.

by Anonymousreply 4702/21/2013

They look large in this photo

by Anonymousreply 4802/21/2013

R48..what movie is that from?

by Anonymousreply 4902/21/2013

He's probably still scrubbing himself clean from the shame of having to act like he desired that hideous sow.

by Anonymousreply 5002/21/2013

I think of him sort of like I do Aaron Eckhart--handsome and good actors (even though Patrick is better), but not STAR quality. AE was in The Dark Knight but that didn't really translate to superstardom. I also think neither is really interested in being a big star.

That said, I'd love to see them playing lovers.

by Anonymousreply 5102/21/2013

Shouldn't that be WEHT as in WhatEver Happened To?

by Anonymousreply 5202/21/2013

R52, I think it's like "pron."

by Anonymousreply 5302/21/2013

Datalounge traditions is WHET. Granted it reinforces the notion that Wilson claims to be HETero, but it may have been intended ironically as far as that goes.

by Anonymousreply 5402/21/2013

He lived on my block in Hell's Kitchen (W. 46th b/n 9th and 10th) a decade ago. Very nice guy, and also very straight.

by Anonymousreply 5502/21/2013

Did he tell you that while you were sucking his dick, R55? Or just before he started sucking yours?

I'm never attracted to blonds, but Patrick Wilson just does something to my equilibrium.

by Anonymousreply 5602/21/2013

I don't get the DL fascination with Patrick Wilson. Is it the ass?

by Anonymousreply 5702/21/2013

Maybe the attraction is his feet, if someone could post photos of them?

by Anonymousreply 5802/21/2013

"Is it the ass?"

Is it, and if so, why?

by Anonymousreply 5902/21/2013

He turns 40 this year. I like him, but it's pretty much make-or-break time for actors.

by Anonymousreply 6002/22/2013

He looks older than 40, more about 45.

by Anonymousreply 6102/22/2013

He's hot.

How do we know he's hung? It seems to me that rumor has been around for eons...just wondering where it comes from.

by Anonymousreply 6202/22/2013

looks pretty damn impressive from behind

by Anonymousreply 6302/22/2013

Zero charisma.

by Anonymousreply 6402/22/2013

I love blond guys like him. He was so beautiful in Little Children. Those lips, that ass. Sigh!

by Anonymousreply 6502/22/2013

In my opinion,he started fairly late to movies/tv,plus he doesn't look the same as he did when he was doing theater, particularly his hairline. It was only after he got that fixed,buffed up and starred in Angels In America that the public took notice. He got cast in some pretty high profile movies at that time (Little Children)but like someone else said,he was always out shown by his co-stars. Kate Winslet and Jackie Earl Haley-who hadnt made a film in years, got most of the attention from "Children",and the Oscar nominations. Same with Ellen Page, who got the real boost from Hard Candy.

I think Patrick is lovely adornment for any movie and is a good actor who can really shine in the right role. After all, look at the even more blandly appealing actor Jason Bateman,who was doing tv for decades until he got cast in some comedies that the public inexplicably liked. Now he's getting lead roles at 44. Or even more dramatically, look at the resurgence of Tony Goldwyn-who gained notice as the villain in Ghost but is now getting raves for his role as the amorous President on Scandal. He's now considered a sex symbol at nearly 53!! The women in my family can't get enough of him! So there's still time for Patrick. Maybe his agent should give Shonda Rhimes a call. After all,look what she did for that other Patrick ...

by Anonymousreply 6602/22/2013

I tried looking for foot photos.

Couldn't find any. Does anyone have any to share?

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 6702/22/2013

[quote] Maybe his agent should give Shonda Rhimes a call. After all,look what she did for that other Patrick

Most excellent point, R66.

by Anonymousreply 6802/22/2013

When his CBS show was cancelled, he took to twitter to complain about it- stuff like that, while seeming 'honest' or innocuous is something that sends major red flags to networks & studios... He is someone who will probably be doing 'guest appearances' for a very long time, since he is not someone with enough stature to be complaining about networks on twitter...

look for CAA (who is his current agent) to drop him soon

by Anonymousreply 6902/22/2013

He gives off a "good guy" vibe, which is actually extremely rare.

by Anonymousreply 7002/22/2013

So, anyone going to star Patrick Wilson as ZAZA in the movie MUSICAL version of La Cage Aux Folles?

(He can sing and dance -- and would probably be a quite passable woman in drag.)

by Anonymousreply 7112/10/2014

Oh dear. The "Patrick Wilson Should Play Zaza" troll is one of the stranger DL personalities as of late.

by Anonymousreply 7212/10/2014

Here's Patrick and family as his father, John Wilson, signs off from his broadcasting career.

There are really a fantastic family, great people.

by Anonymousreply 7312/10/2014

With Patrick Wilson in drag as Zaza, you get the total package.

A person with feminine beauty, who has a masculine voice and a penis.

What could be better than that?

by Anonymousreply 7412/10/2014

He is very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 7512/10/2014

Jesus, I'd rather the feets troll than the Zaza troll. It doesn't even make sense in relation to Patrick Wilson, who's not builty like a tranny chaser's dream.

by Anonymousreply 7612/10/2014

With the right makeup and clothes, he could be much more beautiful and feminine than Barbara Bush -- ever was.

by Anonymousreply 7712/10/2014

Bo-ring.

by Anonymousreply 7812/10/2014

[quote]on a highly talked about episode of "Girls"

That entire phrase is an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 7912/10/2014

[quote]I love blond guys like him.

"Blond guys like him?" Like what? Blond guys who aren't blond? Blond guys with brown hair?

Where are you seeing blond?

by Anonymousreply 8012/10/2014

What is his so-called feminine beauty.

by Anonymousreply 8112/10/2014

Oops, I closed a theatre/theater thread with this post. Anyway, to repeat:

There used to be screen caps of the night the lights didn't go out for the Full Monty final strip. Don't know if they're still out there. They show that he's hung.

And I found one, too!

by Anonymousreply 8212/10/2014

[quote] Oh dear. The "Patrick Wilson Should Play Zaza" troll is one of the stranger DL personalities as of late.

True. Also, there is nothing feminine about Patrick. He's about as traditionally handsome as they come.

by Anonymousreply 8312/10/2014

Just watched "Space Station 76" last week and he was surprisingly very good as alcoholic, closeted, self-loathing captain. An underrated, misunderstood film.

by Anonymousreply 8412/10/2014

If there is nothing feminine about Patrick Wilson -- and I agree. Therefor, if he was offered the role of Zaza and pulled it off. It might just be a smart career move. And maybe ever get him an Oscar -- since Oscars are frequently awarded for playing against type.

by Anonymousreply 8512/10/2014

If the caps exist of the night the lights did not go out, one of you has them on hard drive, find and post please.

by Anonymousreply 8612/11/2014

Lucie Arnaz and Patrick Wilson in The Visit.

by Anonymousreply 8712/11/2014

He is more impressed with himself than others. Also he refused to play the game and let old creepy men suck his cock.

by Anonymousreply 8812/11/2014

you guys are really something. Wilson is a working actor. Nothing "went south". He was never positioned to be Tom Cruise or anything like that. And there is not a round of ugly men who have to suck you off before you can get a decent job in television.

At least not for someone in Patrick Wilson's age range

by Anonymousreply 8912/11/2014

I don't know about a green card marriage, both those Polish sisters are hot!!

by Anonymousreply 9012/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.