Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm seeing this great guy BUT....

He's a prison guard working on death row.  He usually has guard duty with the prisoners when they are segregated from the other death row prisoners for the 48 hours before the execution.

We are good fit together. We get along very well and I really could see this working out but I'm very much against the death penalty. He says it's just a job. I don't know how he can see these people day after day knowing they are going to be put to death, and some of them might actually be innocent, then being one on one with them in the hours before they are executed.

He is going to college part time so I know that he doesn't want to be doing this job for the rest of his life, but going to school part time means he'll be doing this job for at least five more years.

What do you think, o wise Dataloungers, can this work?

by Anonymousreply 2502/21/2013

Fake.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2013

Hot Caged Meat!!

Mama Approves!

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2013

The first time he wants you to place a hood over your head, I suggest running for the hills. Some of these guys have been known to really mess up and bring their job home. I would absolutely refuse to cook for this guy.

by Anonymousreply 402/20/2013

The potential for hot roleplay is significant. Think "In Cold Blood" or "Dead Man Walking".

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2013

BOGUS. BULLSHIT. THINK UP ANOTHER ONE.

by Anonymousreply 602/20/2013

He's not the person who executes the prisoners. He's not the person or the jury who gave the prisoners the death penalty. He's just doing his job

I hate my job and everything it stands for. I just work there. I'm not some advocate for my industry

What state do you live in?

by Anonymousreply 702/20/2013

OP, would you rather see him selling fruits on the side of the highway?

by Anonymousreply 802/20/2013

Have a bottle of suds and think on it.

by Anonymousreply 902/20/2013

Is he good with an axe, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1002/20/2013

PPSM chimes in the with the unethical position, knowing as he does that lots of innocent people have been put to death by our "justice" system.

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

The OP should share with us which state he lives in. This thread does not right true.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Does he have a musky nutsack?

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 1402/21/2013

OP, working on death row does not equal supporting the death penalty. It simply means he works with people who are on death row. So do a great many people who are actively against the death penalty.

If you have a disagreement with him about executing people, and you feel that strongly about it that's one thing, but his working in Corrections on death row has nothing to do with it.

To put things in perspective, there are many prosecutors in capital pun. states are even personally against the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 1502/21/2013

OP,

Your bf--if he does exist and is verily in this situation--might feel gratified that he can give people on death row some compassion, like a hospice worker. It doesn't mean he supports the death pen.

Also if you feel that strongly, why don't you get involved with the Innocence Project? I believe you can volunteer even if you're not an atty--doing paperwork, writing letters, and such.

by Anonymousreply 1602/21/2013

If he brings his work home, you're in for some interesting three-ways!

by Anonymousreply 1702/21/2013

Good Fiction OP

by Anonymousreply 1802/21/2013

OP, I hope your post was truthful, so I'll respond in kind. Encourage your man to keep his job as long as he can mentally handle it, and if he can be the one true, albeit temporary, friend to these prisoners. Especially if they're truly innocent, many would appreciate a kindly non-technocrat to hear their final thoughts. The grieving loved ones of the victims could be helped by a statement from the condemned man, which your man could facilitate as well.

by Anonymousreply 1902/21/2013

Dear Lord in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 2002/21/2013

"He is going to college part time"

aka he's fucking five other people and needs a excuse to explain his absences. It's an old trick, but it gets laughable after a while, as they turn into "20-year Sophomores".

by Anonymousreply 2102/21/2013

OK, so if I read this correctly, you see it as a conflict to date this man because to do so--in your judgment--means that you support the death penalty?

Hmm, how about this one: do you pay your state taxes? If you do, then you are already supporting the death penalty as part of those taxes undoubtedly pay Mr. Dreamboat's salary.

So, if you feel strongly about the issue, then get politically active or contribute to organizations that oppose the death penalty. Unless he is a sociopath who says he loves his particular job because he gets to help kill people and oh what fun that is, then your taking a stand against the issue by taking it out on this man is unjustified.

by Anonymousreply 2202/21/2013

Now what state is this OP?

by Anonymousreply 2302/21/2013

Does any state regularly execute enough people that the same guy would be on duty each time? Maybe Texas.

A better Extremely Sordid Tale would have been that the new dreamboat works at an animal shelter and euthanizes unwanted pets all week long.

by Anonymousreply 2402/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.