Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I had two boils lanced today and now I want to die

My significant other took this inopportune time to tell me he wanted "to open the relationship up- give it some air". I couldn't stop crying. So he left me a note saying he was "going to a friend's and that I was a codependent".

I'm going to take the whole bottle of painkillers at midnight. I've got it all planned out: I want to wear this sari my grandmother bought in India, incense and myrhh burning on the mantle, while "Madame Butterfly" plays on the hi-fi.

I'm in such pain- spiritually and physically. We've been together 13 years! And he wants to cast me aside like a used condom. I deserve better than being put on the backburner while he goes off with his new little fuck stick.

I'm a basket case. He does everything- I don't even know how to write a check or pay a bill. I don't drive. What would I do? What would become of me?!

Goodbye, Datalounge. I've been a regular poster for 15 years. Please pray for me.

by Anonymousreply 6002/21/2013

I pray that you accessorize the Sari correctly.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2013

I'm sorry to hear that...OP When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you had two zits popped. And when I read the first line of the OP, I thought your boyfriend dumped you because of it.

by Anonymousreply 202/20/2013

Okay, I just read the entire OP. And I have to say DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down. Sleep it off, and maybe you'll wake up next morning a whole lot better.

You are acting on your emotions which isn't reliable!

And hurry contact the suicide hotline!

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2013

Don't you dare take those pills! Live damn you, live to torture him with your codependent ways!

Let him find you, all wan, laying on damp sheets soaked with your tears. When he comes in, track him with your pathetic and needy stare, and cry "Thank god you have come back"!

by Anonymousreply 402/20/2013

OP: NO, NO, [bold]NO!!![/bold]

The music from the dying scene in Delibes' "Lakmé" would be FAR more appropriate in you're going to have the incense and the sari than the dying scene from "Madama Butterfly"!

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2013

OP, do not harm yourself or anyone else. Period. You cannot believe what a stroke of luck this will be for you. You will be forced to learn basics, like balance a checkbook and so forth.

I am happy for you!

Your new life is just beginning!

by Anonymousreply 602/20/2013

Razors pain you;

Rivers are damp;

Acids stain you;

And drugs cause cramp.

Guns aren’t lawful;

Nooses give;

Gas smells awful;

You might as well live.

by Anonymousreply 702/20/2013

I would have Judy on the hi-fi. Her album "Alone" is enough to make you kill yourself and might prompt him to join you.

by Anonymousreply 802/20/2013

No one is worth you surrendering your beauty, OP.

Those boils are the life your no good partner was sucking out of you. Get rid of him, and of anything else that complicates your life.

Please don't commit suicide. It will devastate everyone who loves you. My sister killed herself two years ago, and I spend time every day wondering why and hurting for her.

by Anonymousreply 902/20/2013

Jennifer North did it better.

by Anonymousreply 1002/20/2013

Don't say I never did nothing for you, OP:

by Anonymousreply 1102/20/2013

R4 again

forgot to say that you should be blaring this song throughout the house when he returns

by Anonymousreply 1202/20/2013

I haven't heard hi-fi used in ages.

by Anonymousreply 1302/20/2013

Those boils really are indicative of someone who is under a LOT of stress! The poster above is right. Let them symbolize the end of this relationship. NOT THE END OF YOU ! You can start fresh.

As for being helpless, you are not. Having your partner act this way after what you went through earlier today does not speak well of him. If he's the bread winner,get a LAWYER. Wether your married or not ,you have been in a domestic partnership (common law). Do your research online,or with people you can trust. You might want a gay ( or gay friendly) attorney. Circle your friends and family around you. If you are really alone,call a suicide hot line. I wish you all the best OP .

by Anonymousreply 1402/20/2013

Anyone who starts a thread the way you did, OP, rather deserves to experience suicidal ideation. It's only fair.

However, please listen to the people here who are pleading with you not to kill yourself.

Listen to them because you won't be hearing it from me.

by Anonymousreply 1502/20/2013

I would never let someone hold me hostage by threatening suicide. It would be a loss if you were to kill yourself, but do what you must do without involving the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 1602/20/2013

Learn how to write checks, and deposit them into an account to which he does not have access.Figure out public transportation. Get an escape plan.

If your story is not a work of fictionn, you set yourself up for this. When you rely on someone totally, they don't have to respect you.

Let him think you're dependent as you plan a new life free of this asshole to whom you hitched your wagon. Get out, and grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1702/20/2013

r6 is right. Don't be a pussy, OP. I hope this thread is a joke but if it's not let me tell you my story, I had a boyfriend of six years who left me one day and had hi fucking cunt MOM call and break up with me. I wanted to kill myself for a long time after that but now I can laugh. Don't do it Opie my dear.

by Anonymousreply 1802/20/2013

Jesus -- what's with you guys anymore when you can't spot a troll post??

You're losing your touch.

by Anonymousreply 1902/20/2013

So few of us can afford a beautiful Sari and you're going to use yours to end it all. That by itself is enough to alienate me. In your description of your limited skills, I believe, if your SO locks the doors, you'll be safe from even yourself.

Instead of all the moaning and mangling of thoughts, you might consider becoming more interesting to you SO and request he buy you some leather and dildos. This would keep you occupied with practice performances that would knock your partner's sox off.

Don't take the pills, they turn a body blue by shutting down the lungs. No Sari is gorgeous enough to stand up to a blue corpse.

by Anonymousreply 2002/20/2013

Want to borrow my gun?

by Anonymousreply 2102/20/2013

Honey, you might not want to post again until you have a couple of creative writing classes under your belt.

by Anonymousreply 2202/20/2013

Hush, r19. This could be good. Don't spoil the fun.

by Anonymousreply 2302/20/2013

"what's with you guys anymore"

any longer

by Anonymousreply 2402/20/2013

For God's sake would you people quit offering the soulful, sincere advice?

by Anonymousreply 2502/20/2013

Wish you'd done it yesterday

by Anonymousreply 2602/20/2013

It was the sari that gave it away.

by Anonymousreply 2702/20/2013

[quote]I'm going to take the whole bottle of painkillers at midnight. I've got it all planned out: I want to wear this sari my grandmother bought in India, incense and myrhh burning on the mantle, while "Madame Butterfly" plays on the hi-fi.

Translation: He takes three pills, falls asleep, gets the shits in granny's sari and burns to death when the incense and myrrh (spell it right next time) ignite the fabric.

by Anonymousreply 2802/20/2013

"what's with you guys anymore"

"any longer"

by Anonymousreply 2902/20/2013

[quote]I want to wear this sari my grandmother bought in India, incense and myrhh burning on the mantle

Where do you buy myrrh these days?

by Anonymousreply 3002/20/2013

[quote]Where do you buy myrrh these days?

At the myrrhket.

by Anonymousreply 3102/20/2013

Don't do it OP he's not worth it. Let him go. Anyone that would dump that kind of thing on you when you aren't feeling well isn't worth trying to keep.

You survived before him, you'll survive after he's gone.

So you have to learn to dive a car, pay the bills and balance a checkbook. Every one who does these things had top learn how to do it. You're just learning later than the rest of us.

He must have liked it that you were dependant on him for so many things. If you are co-pendendant it's because that putz was willing to do all of these things for you instead of teaching you how to do it.

Work on being as independant as you can be so you will never be in this position again.

by Anonymousreply 3202/20/2013

I thought a myrrhket was a cute little cartoon animal.

by Anonymousreply 3302/20/2013

I'm Extremely Sympathetic Towards your plight.

by Anonymousreply 3402/20/2013

"Pavane for a Dead Maharincess" might be a more appropriate musical selection, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3502/20/2013

I just can't stop thinking about that Sari being wasted on a blue corpse. You have no idea how long I have wanted to switch from caftans to sari's. I think it would be more flattering as I come down our winding staircase. I would float down those stairs so many times a day just playing pretend, I bet I'd lose that extra 40 pounds around my middle.

If you would like to leave your sari to me, please advise and I will see that you get my information for your will asap.

Keep you chin up and don't stain that sari in your final moments. I hope you have a Depends to protect the fabric.

by Anonymousreply 3602/20/2013

[quote]he wanted "to open the relationship up- give it some air".

No doubt he's sick of the constant stench of incense and myrrh burning on the mantle.

by Anonymousreply 3702/20/2013

If you do this, OP, then your ghost will be seen wearing a sari.

This will confuse future residents who will hire a ghostbusting team to find out why a man in a sari is haunting their house.

To solve the mystery, an investigation will be made into past tenants and residents and EVEN FURTHER confusion will occur as no one will understnad the mystery of the ghost of the white man in a sari.

by Anonymousreply 3802/20/2013

OP, remember if you kill yourself you will not be able to go to Heaven to be with the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 3902/20/2013

In later years, the resident cat lady 'psychic' will hold a seance with all of the other tenents in your building and call on your sari-draped spirit to hover over the table in which they hold hands.

Unfortuntely, in your despair you forgot or didn't include wearing underwear under that sari of which quite the scene will be made as your ghostly, dangling, see-through genitals are displayed for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 4002/20/2013

Rather than kill yourself, you should consider becoming a very rich person's servant.

by Anonymousreply 4102/20/2013

also, what does this have to do with Bradley Cooper being gay?

by Anonymousreply 4202/20/2013

All that effort for no laughs.

by Anonymousreply 4302/20/2013

I just wanted to chime in to say, another vote for "Lakmé".

by Anonymousreply 4402/20/2013

Now come on, r43. Taking an overdose of painkillers, running to the bathroom in a sari to barf, tripping, hitting his head on the toilet and drowning? In a sari? That's some funny shit.

by Anonymousreply 4502/20/2013

Were your boils angry that you lanced them?

by Anonymousreply 4602/20/2013

The collective wisdom of datalounge urges you to leave out the sari, or at least avoid killing yourself.

I would encourage you to live, but live like a cat. Get back at your BF by shitting on his side of the bed and looking him dead in the eye while you knock his drink off the kitchen counter.

by Anonymousreply 4702/20/2013

[quote]by shitting on his side of the bed and looking him dead in the eye while you knock his drink off the kitchen counter.

Awfully small apartment to accomplish all that at once.

by Anonymousreply 4802/20/2013

OP, best way to get back at him is to pick up a woman.

by Anonymousreply 4902/20/2013

I agree, a rich woman looking for a walker...that is your best bet.

by Anonymousreply 5002/20/2013

If you go with the sari, don't forget the tilak.

by Anonymousreply 5102/20/2013

It's midnight. What a waste of a perfectly good boil lancing.

by Anonymousreply 5202/21/2013

Who's Sari Now?

by Anonymousreply 5302/21/2013

R38 and r40 - kudos !

by Anonymousreply 5402/21/2013

OP, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 5502/21/2013

It wasn't a boil. It was a gummi bear.

by Anonymousreply 5602/21/2013

LMAO @ R56!

by Anonymousreply 5702/21/2013

Please don't do it. He really is not worth it. You have to believe in your own worth and stop letting others validate you. You sound very nice to me although a bit confused on life. I really think you need to stick it out. Many people love you and care about you including me. So please, I beg you, don't leave us just yet.

by Anonymousreply 5802/21/2013

If you leave the world, you leave it a worse place. For what, to bug him? If he had heart enough to be bugged, he wouldn't have done this in the first place. Get a grip OP.

by Anonymousreply 5902/21/2013

LOL r35!

by Anonymousreply 6002/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!