Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Sinister"

What a fucked up movie. I'm surprised it was even able to get made. It's that disturbing. Regardless of its supernatural nature, the murders were incredibly graphic and believable. Did anyone see this movie? I'm a big horror movie buff, and I haven't been into an American horror film in at least a decade, if not longer.

I can't believe the film was only made for $3 million.

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2014

Enjoyable, though the explanation for the murders doesn't really hold up. Mr. Boogedy was really creepy. They should have used him more.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

I thought it was creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

The DVD/blu ray is just about to come out.

What a weird coincedence!

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

SHILL

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

I can't find the other horror thread where "Sinister" was discussed.

I didn't find it scary at all, it was another current horror flick in a long line of new horror movies which looked as if it was filmed in the dark.

Like "The Conjouring" and "Mama", WHY must horror films always be set in a dimly lit houses? The residents want to save on their electric bills? It's cliched and doesn't always makes the proceedings scarier.

The original "The Hills Have Eyes" was one of the scariest horror films, most of it's actions took place during daytime.

The demon in "Sinister" looked like a member of Insane Clown Posse, it wasn't scary at all.

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2014

I though Sinister definitely had its creepy moments. Though for sustained atmosphere, The Conjuring is much better.

Sinister was filmed near where I grew up on Long Island, Sands Point. But for the life of me I can't figure out where that house is.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2014

I wrote on a different thread that though there definitely are creepy moments in Sinister (the creepiest being the mass hanging that opens the film), the whole thing doesn't hold together because the main characters aren't defined and the story isn't very believable (it seems impossible the wife would have consented to moving to the new house without finding out about the tragedy had happened in it, and that it would take her days to discover this).

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2014

The third act is a bit goofy as is the monster, but the film overall holds up. It is a movie about watching scary movies at night, and it's incredibly unsettling for most of its running time.

Especially the first half. When the kid comes out of the box and just screams - Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2014
Need more help? Click Here.