Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ohio woman claims she was fired for voting for Obama

I have to wonder why she opened her big yapper about it in the first place. I never discuss politics at work because I've noticed that it can get nasty even in the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 2102/21/2013

I hope she wins! This company is notoriously anti-American and anti-democracy.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2013

[quote]Kunkle started as a temporary worker with the small company in April and became full-time in May, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit said that she performed her duties “efficiently and effectively,” and never received any disciplinary action or negative performance evaluations.

Sounds like she was a good employee R2. If they can prove she did not have any negative reviews she might win.

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2013

Ok read the article again, she's not actually "fired" but laid off due to lack of money for defense spending from this admin.

While it's probably true that she was laid off due to her political affiliations it would never stand up in court. She was not fired for performance, but "laid off".

That's going to be the company's out here.

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2013

Roberta “Bobbie” Gentile posting lies^

by Anonymousreply 602/20/2013

Further, in lay off situations you don't need a cause but companies frequently use them to get rid of troublesome employees as it's a way better & legal way to get rid of the deadwood & less subjected to lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 702/20/2013

It works both ways. Old HS "friends" on Facebook who are now anti-Obama are not that smart. They friend all their bosses and co-workers, then spam pics of the President as a jackass. Do they get the promotion or more hours after showing off their class and restraint? I'll let you guess. It's "free speech" so it should not matter! Well, some people voted him back in, and they are doing the staffing. Dumbshits.

by Anonymousreply 802/20/2013

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 902/20/2013

Is OP trying to blame the victim here?!?

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

I'm not OP, but I'm blaming her, R10. And she's not a victim.

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

Keep your politics to yourself at work.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Things you don't discuss at work: Politics and religion. Unfortunately in today's nasty, crass political atmosphere many people are crossing that line and actually questioning others about their beliefs. I've even had people question me about my religious affiliation at work.

It all goes along with current society's basic lack of good manners and increasing rudeness in every day interactions.

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

Talk about apples to bowling balls, that's a real stretch.

by Anonymousreply 1502/21/2013

I should also add that employers should not have the right to intimidate workers for voting one way and they should not question a workers affiliation either.

by Anonymousreply 1602/21/2013

Except stealing from the till is wrong, r14, and she did nothing wrong.

You missed that day in school where they discussed "how to reason," huh? That's okay. Most fans of Ayn Rand did.

by Anonymousreply 1702/21/2013

Knowing the boss's position she was stupid for yapping about her vote or had an Obama bumper sticker. Better for her boss know about the woman's honor student.

by Anonymousreply 1802/21/2013

[quote]many people are crossing that line and actually questioning others about their beliefs. I've even had people question me about my religious affiliation at work.

I believe that is now perfectly legal. There was a religious freedom in the workplace law that was passed during the Clinton administration that makes it harder to fire people for bringing their religion into the workplace. I know one of the things that is specifically legal under the law is that an employee can leave literature of a religious nature that argues that homosexuality is a sin on the desk of a Gay employee.

by Anonymousreply 1902/21/2013

I know it's legal but it's tasteless, rude and intrusive. It's no one elses business.

by Anonymousreply 2002/21/2013

California has the Unruh Act which specifically forbids firing someone for their political beliefs. If Ohio doesn't have a similar law, she's gonna be SOL.

by Anonymousreply 2102/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.