Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING CNN NEWS!! Soledad OUT at the network.

NY Post link

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 7208/08/2013

major bummer. she was excellent.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 102/20/2013

I agree w/ r1.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 202/20/2013

Note to MSNBC: Hire her immediately.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 302/20/2013

Totally agree with VotN.

MSNBC needs to snap her up immediately.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 402/20/2013

I'm still standin', bitches.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 502/20/2013

Coop had nothing to worry about from Cuomo, that's for sure. Cuomo needs to go back to 20/20 where nothing is live and the behind the scenes folk work to make the 'talent' look polished. Shit, with CNN they probably make the lower profile anchors work the cameras and teleprompter for the other shows before their shift can end.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 602/20/2013

She just smacked down another homophobe last week. I could do without the Black In America constant specials. She needs to be at MSNBC. She really puts people on the spot and outs their stupidity.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 702/20/2013

I'm waiting for some malcontent to call her an entitle cunt.I think MSNBC OR the NBC network is where she'll land. Now if they would only axe Ms Cooper's show.....now she deserves to get fired.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 802/20/2013

Cuomo is awful, he seems so phony. Soledad would be great on MSNBC and CNN better hang on to Mr. Cooper.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 902/20/2013

Is Dana Bash next? John King?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1002/20/2013

Cuomo can have some good moments but, yes, overall, I have always said he comes across as a big phony and kind of stupid. I don't think he IS "stupid" but those big dear in the headlights eyes don't help.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1102/20/2013

Hey, here's an idea, get rid of Al Sharpton, and gives Soledad his his timeslot.

In a perfect and just world ….

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1202/20/2013

No... Don't take Al from me... That's the best entertainment on TV these days! Who could forget such classic moments as Al trying to pronounce Sigourney Weaver's name?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1302/20/2013

At least hire her as a special correspondent, msnbc.....

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1402/20/2013

So true about Cuomo - he is lifeless on the air.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1502/20/2013

Zucker hires Gingrich and fires O' Brien.

It's like he's making sure I never watch CNN again.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1602/20/2013

How in the fuck do they justify getting rid of Soledad, but keeping Wolf Blitzer? The man is embarrassing to watch.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1702/20/2013

Part of the tribe.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1802/20/2013

Didn't Soledad start out on the Today Show?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 1902/20/2013

That was Multidad, r19. Soledad started out all on her own, and had to scratch and claw her way to the top.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2002/20/2013

Soledad started out at MSNBC

She later was news anchor at Weekend Today, then moved to co-hosting Weekend Today.

She was poached by CNN from Weekend Today

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2102/20/2013

She was better than that shitty network anyway. And if CNN did hire Gringich and fire Soledad, it's obvious the direction they want to take the network.

Count me among those who are no longer tuning in (for what little I did watch)

Democracy Now is still my go to, and one of the few real news sources left.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2202/20/2013

Um, didn't most DLers hate her until she got fired?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2302/20/2013

R23 Some did,some didn't. It seems most people hated the Black in America doc series.I knew people who went to junior high and high school with her and she wasn't an oppressed minority.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2402/20/2013

Good call CNN. Get rid of your best first. Watch out Don Lemon.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2502/20/2013

How does Cuomo come across as phony?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2602/20/2013

She was never right for CNN but fine for MSNBC. Cuomo is wrong for CNN, too. Too much of a lightweight.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2702/20/2013

I'd take Soledad at NBC not MSNBC. MSNBC is mostly, 99.9% commentary and discussions. NBC does News. I'd also let her take a run at ABC. Both networks also have the "news magazine" format and she'd do well in that kind of format. They, of course, would have to insist she leave "Black in America" at CNN where it belongs.

I am sitting here hoping & praying CNN buys out Piers Morgan and gives it to the nice looking Cuomo boy. He'd do well with it. He would.And he'd get the necessary prep time he so obviously needs along with special producers, hair & make up.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2802/20/2013

Can she take over for Dick Gregory?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 2902/20/2013

Chris Cuomo tries to deny his Cuomo-ness; no Big Liberal Stances for him!

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3002/20/2013

She was so into being "Black in America" that she married a white man and had lily-white children.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3102/20/2013

Chris Cuomo just started at CNN. Let's give him some time.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3202/20/2013

[[quote]Chris Cuomo just started at CNN. Let's give him some time.

But he's got some experience at ABC and yet he still comes off like an amateur. He was terrible the few times I could stand to watch him on CNN.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3302/20/2013

Who is "we" R35, your fellow Klan members? It's only ONE freaking month a year. And the shortest month at that. Jeez.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3602/20/2013

msnbc, please hire her and do away with the Reverand Al's tired program. She would be great at the six p.m. time slot.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3702/20/2013

It's more than six weeks, r35 -- starting in the middle of Jan with MLK's birthday.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3802/20/2013

Soledad is good; I just never warmed up to her.

Maybe I'd enjoy her more at MSNBC...if she ends up there. Or will she instead end up on the DL thread of news people who remain long gone?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 3902/20/2013

Uh,Uh. No way MSNBC gets rid od Rev. Al. I'm a white male and I happen to love his show. He has good guests on, he is prepared, he is intelligent,and he was singularly responsible for raising 99 kinds of hell with the voter suppression strategy of the GOP. He also shined a great spotlight on the neo-Nazis who run Flroida and their para-military police. Uh,uh. Rev Al stays.

MSNBC also has Meissa Harris Perry, and Joy Reid is a regular comentator. All of them bring something to the table. All of them have other credentials besides being on MSNBC. Soledad has no credentials beyond CNN. So she belongs in a network with a news division.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4002/20/2013

Whatever they do, don't get rid of Carol Costello. She's the best of the whole CNN bunch.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4102/20/2013

God CNN is really done for.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4202/20/2013

A giant crapfest, haven't watched CNN since the invasion of Kuwait. It's all fluff.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4302/20/2013

When they first put Reverend Al on MSNBC I thought they were nuts. As it turns out he is very intelligible and does have good guests. I have to say it took time but he's grown on me.

O'Brien should be on a the morning show with Scarborough. Finally there would be someone to challenge him instead of that asinine bobblehead.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4402/20/2013

And they're keeping Piers Morgan?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4502/20/2013

I agree with the concensus in this thread, she belongs on MSNBC. I would also be totally fine if they gave her Al Shaprton's timeslot as he always comes across as wooden and scripted and doesn't really contribute anything to the format. They also need to give Joy Reid a show. She's one of the best commentators/pundits on the network.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4602/20/2013

Scarborough would eat Soledad alive.(With a lot of help from Mika.) It's hard for me to sit thru Morning Joe. I've watched it a few times and he has the personality of a megalomaniac. Rude too. Regularly insults Mika and his other panelists. I've seen guys walk away frm the show and they cut to commercial. People don't even want to be there.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4702/20/2013

I don't think O'Brien would be intimidated by Scarborough the way Mika is. I can't stand watching Mika make faces all morning. I watch CBS now but I would switch back and forth if Soledad was on.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4802/20/2013

Bummer.

I'd like to see Brianna Keilar anchor a show.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 4902/20/2013

Wasn't Jeff Zucker heading NBC when Jay Leno was given a Weeknights 10 p.m. ET talk show -- and then helped Leno fuck over Conan O'Brien?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5002/20/2013

If there's any justice, 60 Minutes should hire her full-time and stop taking Anderson's fluff-pieces.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5102/20/2013

I do not want her or anyone from CNN to "end up" at MSNBC. All they have given us, for years, has been bullshit, lying, and superficial crap. They are only fit for CNN, Fox, network "news," morning "news shows" and Entertainment Tonight.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5202/20/2013

They should fire S.E. Cupp and replace her with Soledad.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5302/20/2013

She has options. She might contribute stories for the morning network shows on ABC, CBS or NBC. She could join a news channel far out in cable like HDNET or Current. I think the likely thing she will do is return to local news.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5402/20/2013

I'd love to see O'Brien replace Al Sharpton. I like Al, and he has good guests, but his interviews are really weak. Of course, they could replace Ed Schultz instead. I'd be OK either way.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5502/20/2013

Not a good move on CNN's part. Soledad O'Brien is one of the few bright spots in their lineup. Erin Burnett is an insipid twit.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5602/20/2013

R48, I agree, Mika is weak. Soledad would set him straight.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5702/20/2013

Love her!

If MSNBC signs her, they should slot her either at 5 or 7 to replace one of the Chris Matthews slots.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5802/20/2013

[quote]She just smacked down another homophobe last week. I could do without the Black In America constant specials.

Well, since you aren't black, what's it got to do with you?

So long as she stands up for gays, screw the blacks, huh? Typical white DL queen.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 5902/20/2013

she isn't good enough for MSNBC

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6002/20/2013

Thank you R59.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6102/20/2013

Guys, she started OUT at MSNBC right as the network was launching. She hosted a technology show called "The Site" along with an animated co-host "Dev Null". Oh the early days of the internet...

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6202/21/2013

She's starting a production company called Starfish Media.

Starfish. Hmmm. Nah, too easy.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6302/21/2013

I kind of liked her. I watch her most mornings.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6402/21/2013

I wouldn't pin my hopes on MSNBC. Comcast has a very different political outlook than GE. Even when Comcast controlled 51% they let GE run the show for a while. Now that Comcast is taking over I worry that they will turn MSNBC into Fox News Lite like CNN. Since the fairness doctrine doesn't exist--there's no recourse.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6502/21/2013

She did a good job on Wekend Today. Since she jumped to CNN, would NBC take her back?

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6602/21/2013

Let the speculation end:

"Soledad O'Brien Leaving Morning Show; Will Take on New Role at CNN"

Unfortunately:

"Soledad O'Brien Leaving Morning Show; Will Take on New Role at CNN"

"According to CNN, O'Brien will host at least one documentary for the network this year and three next year. However, the new gig will also allow her to pursue journalism and hosting opportunities at other venues."

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6702/21/2013

I meant to quote this under "Unfortunately":

"will continue to supply documentaries like her well-known franchise Black in America for CNN"

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6802/21/2013

American Morning to y'all!

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 6902/22/2013

She said "see you Monday morning" at the end of her 9-10am slot this morning.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 7002/22/2013

I find this very shocking.

by John King's blonde anchor mistressreply 7208/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.