Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just took 2 Vicodin for a back injury

Hot fudge! I feel fucking fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2013

Saweetie. U should have taken it with a cocktail too. Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2013

I am happy.

by Anonymousreply 202/20/2013

But in half a day, you'll feel like shit again AND be constipated.

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2013

Has the vomiting started yet?

by Anonymousreply 402/20/2013

Vomiting after only 2 Vicodin? Be serious.

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2013

Pssh... Dr. Drew, R3? Shouldn't you be talking someone from Celebrity Rehab down off a ledge or something?

by Anonymousreply 602/20/2013

and you will crave 2 more in about 6 hours. Good luck with the addiction issue

by Anonymousreply 702/20/2013

I got a prescrip for Vicodin once for tooth pain, and it didn't do anything except make me itch.

Congrats on your happiness, OP. Enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 802/20/2013

I'll buy them from you. R8!

by Anonymousreply 902/20/2013

Take 20 more. You'll feel even more fantastic and so will we.

by Anonymousreply 1002/20/2013

A Vicodin with a Martini chaser is always a great way to finish out the day!

by Anonymousreply 1102/20/2013

A poinsettia in poison rain

Traded true love for insult and injury

We washed it down the drain with one silver

bullet and two vicodin

by Anonymousreply 1202/20/2013

Problem is, they need to be broken in half. Don't take a whole.

by Anonymousreply 1302/20/2013

I've been prescribed Vicodin for back pain (arthritis) and take one every night before bedtime. Other than being a little woozy if I have to get up to go to the bathroom during the night, they don't affect me at all.

I've also been prescribed Tramadol which I might take during the day if my back hurts badly enough, but I mostly give to my Rott-Shepherd mix at night for her hip displasia.

by Anonymousreply 1402/20/2013

I do love an occasional Vicki Vicodin. But I only take a bit (break it down into pieces) and won't take more than one dose.

I've stretched one prescription of 30 out to a year. They are the rainy day reset button when I have that headache that won't quit.

by Anonymousreply 1502/20/2013

Can someone explain the appeal of Vicodin? I take them occasionally for cluster headaches. The appeal of Vicodin as a recreational drug escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 1602/20/2013

It's like floating on a very fluffy cloud, R16, and it usually does its work in a very subtle way. No soaring high, and no crash back to earth.

You can function if needed (though generally one wants to crawl into bed and relax). It was why I took a small dose vs the muscle relaxers I was also prescribed.

Under Vicodin I could work. Flexeralls would knock me out for 12 hours or turn me into Molly Ringwald's older sister on her wedding day in 16 Candles. LOL

by Anonymousreply 1702/20/2013

[quote]U should have taken it with a cocktail too.

That's murder on your liver.

by Anonymousreply 1802/20/2013

When you get up to taking 4 at once... check back with us, weakling.

by Anonymousreply 1902/20/2013

It was a few years ago and I don't have them, probably threw them in the garbage. Otherwise I'd give them to you.

by Anonymousreply 2002/20/2013

Gateway to heroin.

by Anonymousreply 2102/20/2013

Pills are wonderful. Much more fun than other drugs.

by Anonymousreply 2202/20/2013

I hate you r8. We could have been friends...

by Anonymousreply 2302/20/2013

I received a 50 pill supply of Vicodin for major surgery I had a few years ago. I was well aware of how effective the drug was, and it was effective, but I paced myself. Soon enough, I didn't need to take the Vicodin for my surgical pain, but I still had about 20 pills remaining. I spread those bad boys out over the course of a year for severe headaches/migraine, or back/muscle sprains until it was all gone.

I can see how people get addicted to them, but, addiction to drugs just ain't my style.

by Anonymousreply 2402/20/2013

I used to get 180 a month (6 a day) for years due to my bad back. It got to the point where I didn't even notice the affects. Now I haven't taken them for about 8 months, I just took 2 the other day and definitely noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 2502/20/2013

To Vicodin for two years for back pain. It really makes you constipated. Very badly! So I was always trying to balance the Vicodin with laxatives. And it can be addictive if the dose is strong. I am so glad I'm off it. Now just take Tramadol which does the job.

by Anonymousreply 2602/20/2013

r26 yes, it stops you up good. I had to use fleet suppositories when I did my 6 a day vicodin.

by Anonymousreply 2702/20/2013

Tramadol is getting some VERY bad press for long term addiction now. I had to get Tramadol for my dog after she had major surgery. The warnings were surprising.

by Anonymousreply 2802/20/2013

I have been prescribed Vicodin many times -- following ACL surgeries, Achilles repair surgery, abscessed tooth, back injury, etc -- and have never finished a prescription. After 2-3 days, taking a shit became a much higher priority than being in la-la land, and I decided I could muddle through with ibuprofen or the like.

Having said that, I've never thrown away the remainder of my prescriptions. I'm glad to have them around, when I've tweaked my shoulder or back, or have had particularly strong/painful menstrual cramps. Half of a Vicodin is perfect for that! (It's a bizarre sensation; I can still feel my uterine muscles contracting vigorously, but it just doesn't hurt anymore). They have also been very useful for bartering. I had a neighbor who loved Vicodin, especially with a couple drinks. Not my thing, but whatever. She would give me some of her husband's ridiculously potent medical marijuana in exchange. Everybody was happy.

by Anonymousreply 2902/20/2013

I don't do well with opium derivatives or synthetics. I was on Vicodin for 3 months for gallstone pancreatitis and I hated it--begged the dr to prescribe something else. This was after being the hospital for almost a month on a morphine drip, which I also hated!! I also can't take anything with codeine without getting sick.

by Anonymousreply 3002/20/2013

r30 Why did you hate it? Nausea? Or was it the morphine itchiness? I know that if you have a weak stomach vicodin and codeine are not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 3102/20/2013

Lots of nausea, r31, and all I felt was numb and stupid. I had to stay home for three weeks and I couldn't do anything but stare at the TV and I couldn't even follow a stupid 30 min sitcom!!! I was out of it most of the time and it did not feel pleasant, which is why a begged the dr to take me off it. He ended up having me take it only at night and joked about never having to worry about me abusing it.

Morphine was even worse, I was constantly nauseous and I had awake nightmares. Unfortunately I had to stay on it because of pain. People would visit and say things about how great it was that I was on a self administered drip and I never understood why they could say that.

by Anonymousreply 3202/20/2013

r32 You are probably allergic to morphine. I love it myself but my sister is like you about it. She had really bad technicolor nightmares from codeine and would never want to take it. Oh how I wish I had your old stash that you never liked. Also I feel bad for you because most pain meds are morphine or codeine based. I guess you can take naproxen and that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 3302/20/2013

amateur..

by Anonymousreply 3402/20/2013

R34 - Precisely. Mix your cocaine vicodin, some whisky and it's going to be a loverly evening!

by Anonymousreply 3502/20/2013

Just remembered this (I keep blocking it out)....several years ago, I was also prescribed Vicodin after having surgery to repair an anal fissure. I will never forget the discharge nurse handing me the post-op care instructions, with a prescription for Vicodin. I looked at her incredulously (having had experience with Vicodin) and blurted, "I have stitches in my ASS! And they're giving me VICODIN, which is just going to bind me up??! I'm already completely terrified about my first bowel movement -- what kind of bizarre torture is this?!" She just laughed, and replied, "It does seem counter-intuitive, doesn't it? But, as long as you take the Metamucil, and don't eat the foods on the list, you should be okay." I took only ONE Vicodin, later that afternoon, I was so paranoid.... opting to cope with the pain, thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 3602/20/2013

Sorry...

by Anonymousreply 3702/20/2013

Well r8, you should be.

by Anonymousreply 3802/20/2013

And in another few days you'll kill yourself. Because that's what I do. Aren't I fucking great?

by Anonymousreply 3902/20/2013

[quote] Can someone explain the appeal of Vicodin? I take them occasionally for cluster headaches. The appeal of Vicodin as a recreational drug escapes me

For most people, the side effect of Vicodin (Hydrocodone) is euphoria. I used to work in a pharmacy and I have had at least 25 women tell me how fabulous it was and that they actually "cleaned their whole house" because it perked them up and made them feel so good

Some people who take vicodin the first few times only experience drowsiness. If they keep taking it they will usually eventually get the euphoric high

by Anonymousreply 4002/20/2013

Not only does it not make me high, it's also not a real effective pain killer for me. I've had it prescribed twice, once after oral surgery & once after regular surgery -- it helped a little but not completely, & no side effects (including constipation, thankfully). Over-rated.

by Anonymousreply 4102/20/2013

r41 I don't think it is supposed to be a pain killer. I think the whole point is you get high and don't care about the pain anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4202/20/2013

Get back to me when you get dilaudid OP

by Anonymousreply 4302/21/2013

I really miss Demerol. I have a Vicodin scrip for bad back and I use it sparing, but Demerol was wonderful. Do they still give it?

by Anonymousreply 4402/21/2013

I've been taking a half of a vicodin about 5-7 days a week for a couple of months. I have pretty severe pain from a car accident and it makes it more tolerable. What I can't figure out is if I can get addicted with that amount. I don't have the desire to take more than that.

by Anonymousreply 4502/21/2013

R44, Demerol is rarely used anymore, but I have no idea why. Besides "breaking" a migraine or cluster headache, Demerol gave a unique euphoria that I can only partially equate to Dilaudid, but not to morphine. I do not like morphine at all.

I also want to mention Toradol because I was successfully treated with it in the past, both injection & tablets. Hopefully Toradol injection is still in use in ERs in place of narcotics. Some claim it's ineffective, but I believe those people are mostly narcotic seekers. My former neighbor, who was an addict, claimed that Toradol had no effect on his alleged pain. I can attest that the maximum dose of Toradol injection is as effective as morphine, just as the manufacturer trials showed. I've suffered many types of pain and only once did Toradol not help me.

As for Vicodin and Lortab, they really are extremely addictive and not very effective. People getting Vicodin scripts for acute or post-op pain should mostly be getting Toradol, instead. I'm in favor of off-label use, just as in psychiatric settings, with safety monitoring. Narcotic addiction is epidemic in the USA.

The fact that some of you take narcotics with alcohol and joke about it is appalling!

by Anonymousreply 4602/21/2013

Just don't take it for more than 10 days. The addiction will dominate your life and the withdrawal is a month of living Hell. It's over-prescribed and probably the most dangerous thing you'll ever come into contact with in your entire life.

by Anonymousreply 4702/21/2013

To all of you taking Tramadol, I would really advise against it. I had really bad TMJ a few years ago and dentist prescribed it. I had to take it a few times daily. When I stopped it, I went into horrible withdrawal - fatigue, depression, body aches, terrible stomach cramping. I had no idea what was going on. I couldn't even go to class. It's supposed to be less addictive than traditional opiates but I don't see how. I'm betting it will be classicied as a controlled substance in the next few years. Just my opinion, but I think it's a dangerous drug. Now if I ever have pain (which is rare), I use Ibuprofen or the occasional Vicodin.

by Anonymousreply 4802/21/2013

Like R30, I get nauseous when taking perscription painkillers like vicoden.

That's a really good thing as I am a recovering alcoholic, so am predisposed to addiction.

by Anonymousreply 4902/21/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 5002/22/2013

Goddammit, I haven't craved hydrocodone in years, and this fucking thread has triggered me.

I used to take that shit by the TRUCKLOAD, and I'm surprised my liver is still intact. Back then I took thirty Norco a day (15 in the AM and 15 in the PM), and that's 10 mgs of hydro and 300 of acetaminophen. I didn't bother with a cold water extraction either. I was hard-fucking-core.

You used to be able to order it from online doctors. You'd pay your $300 or so, and then the MD would call you up and talk to you for under 30 seconds, then your drugs would come via UPS. Shady physicians and pharmacies made SHIT TONS of money back then.

I don't know how I got my MBA because I was addicted as fuck. My last year I was running local docs and online docs, too. I was sick of it all but PETRIFIED of the withdrawal, but I finally figured out that the only way out was through.

That was 6 years ago. NA meetings every fucking week since. Goddammit, I'd STILL give a month of my life if I could take a few and not end up addicted as shit. And I don't even drink.

OP, enjoy ... but be careful.

by Anonymousreply 5102/22/2013

R51 You sound like Corey Haim if he were back from the dead. But that's not happening. You're smart to kick that stuff. Keep choosing life and stay off the pills. Good going for you to do it. I've never had a problem, which is a good thing because I'd be dead for sure. I found out that I have a "true" opiate allergy (swelling in the face leading to anaphalactic (sp?) shock)

by Anonymousreply 5202/22/2013

Damn, R52, if anyone ever needed a medic alert bracelet it's you. If you had an accident or even a heart attack, paramedics would most likely administer an opiate. You'd have to be conscious for them to do so, but if you were impaired (hurt or not oriented) you might not be able to inform them of your allergy.

Be careful and get yourself a bracelet.

by Anonymousreply 5302/23/2013

Part of my job as a nurse is screening calls for the MDs. We'd get the messages from people who needed early refills on their drugs. Vicodin was the only drug where people created the most imaginative stories of why they needed an earlier refill. Here is the countdown from stupid to stupidest:

5). I went to Vegas and left it back in the hotel. (Lots of Vicodin users seem to like Vegas)

4). My brother is an addict. I think he snuck into my house and stole my Vicodin.

3). My dog went crazy last night and totally messed up my room. I think he got a hold of my Vicodin bottle and now I can't find it.

2). I went fishing and was leaning over the boat and my bottle of Vicodin slipped out of my pocket and fell into the water.

Now the dumbest--- 1). I ran out of Vicodin so I had to buy it from this guy on the street. I have to pay him back but I have no money. Can the doctor to write me a new prescription and I can give him the Vicodin?

by Anonymousreply 5402/23/2013

Stay away from Vicodin! It's addictive, can damage your liver, and makes you constipated. Yes, it gives you a high, but it's not worth it in the long run. I ended up being so "bound up" from the Vicodin and diverticulosis (which also makes you constipated) that I perforated my colon and almost died. It was the most painful experience of my life. But it was the combination of Vicodin and diverticulosis that caused it. Never again!!

by Anonymousreply 5502/23/2013

My sentiments exactly, R43.

by Anonymousreply 5602/23/2013

Atta Gurl

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.