Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Station Nightclub Fire

It happened exactly ten years ago today. The speed with which the fire spread filling the building with smoke was breathtaking. The owners had installed petroleum-based foam to soundproof the walls. You had only 90 seconds to exit before being trapped inside.

Always know your closest exit. In the event of a fire, do not hesitate one second.

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

I always remember that horrible people trapped at the front door trying to get out. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2013

Oop.....Meant to say the horrible picture of people trying to get out.

by Anonymousreply 202/20/2013

The sky was so smoky that day...

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2013

Don't watch the video... it's really horrible. Within seconds the people are going from having a good time to being tapped in the smoke and flames, screaming: and a hundred of them died horribly.

by Anonymousreply 402/20/2013

Never understood why anyone would allow pyrotechnics INSIDE a building.

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2013

I felt so bad for those people -- it was a pretty ugly winter for everyone, and they just wanted to see a concert...

by Anonymousreply 602/20/2013

They're all going to laugh at you!

by Anonymousreply 702/20/2013

Huh, the E2 nightclub fire in Chicago also happened within that same week.

by Anonymousreply 802/20/2013

It's interesting to me that the guy filming had enough sense to get out of there IMMEDIATELY when the flames went to the ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 902/20/2013

Those poor people trapped in the doorway is indeed a haunting image, but it also reminds me of when the 3 Stooges would all try to go through a door at the same time and would get jammed in there.

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

On a more positive note: the local aluminum plant posted 20 new openings.

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

As the late, great Mitch Hedberg said, if you have legs and you're flammable, you are never blocking a fire exit.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Wow, there must be a copyright attorney monitoring datalounge because any time someone posts a clip to an old news story or song, it suddenly becomes unavailable on copyright grounds.

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!