Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Obama to become first sitting US president to receive Israel’s Medal of Honor

Barack Obama will become the first serving US president to receive Israel’s presidential medal, from his Israeli counterpart Shimon Peres on a visit to the Jewish state next month, Peres’s office said on Monday.

“President Obama has made a unique and meaningful contribution to strengthening the state of Israel and the security of its people,” it said in a statement.

“Barack Obama is a true friend of the state of Israel and has been since the beginning of his public life. As president of the United States he has stood beside Israel in times of crisis,” it added.

Israel’s presidential medal of distinction is awarded to individuals or organisations who have contributed to Israeli society and Israel’s image in the world. That sound you’re hearing is the sound of thousands of wingnuts’ heads exploding, all over the nation. One of their most cherished fearmongering lies — that President Obama is actively trying to destroy Israel — has just died.

by Anonymousreply 3302/20/2013

They're sucking up because Obama is the first prez in ages that hasn't been a total Israel tool.

by Anonymousreply 102/19/2013

Heads must be exploding at FoxNews.

by Anonymousreply 202/19/2013

Bibi and co. are desperate since Romney didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 302/19/2013

How funny. Is Bibi boiling over now or is he in on it?

by Anonymousreply 402/19/2013

Obama can thank Barbra Streisand for the Medal of Honor.

by Anonymousreply 502/19/2013

I could almost believe this is one massive political version of reverse psychology.

by Anonymousreply 602/19/2013

Didn't they learn from the Nobel PEACE Prize? Obama escalated a war right after. He is not going to suddenly start kissing their asses. lmao People never learn.

by Anonymousreply 702/19/2013

So far, Obama has done nothing to do any true damage to Israel. O might seem uncooperative at times, but he always gives them what they want, so I think this medal is sincere -- something to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

by Anonymousreply 802/19/2013

r8, what has he given them? The majority of Israelis hate him. The polls show that. Their leader hates him. You think that's due to him giving them what they want? Remember when they went batshit over Obama daring to say that they get back into their allotted settlements?

by Anonymousreply 902/19/2013

"Please be our friend!!!"

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2013

R9, reporting from Tel Aviv, Israelis do not under any circumstances hate Obama.

The lefties, of which there are thankfully almost half in this country, love him.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013

Wait, didn't he bitch slap them a few times?

Israel likes it a big rough, I see.

by Anonymousreply 1302/19/2013

Suck it Fox News!

by Anonymousreply 1402/19/2013

I'd pay money to see the expressions on the faces of McCain & Leiberman when they heard this news. The very first moment when they realized. I bet they shit themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1502/19/2013

Seems like it's been a bad week for folk named "Benny"...

by Anonymousreply 1602/19/2013

I don't even like the idea of him going over there. They sure as hell better have airtight security around him.

by Anonymousreply 1702/19/2013

Well, that's just not fair, r15.

Senator McCain has probably been shitting himself with some regularity in the last few years...

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2013

Hey Israel...transparent much?

Now get the hell off the West Bank and dismantle your settlements.

by Anonymousreply 1902/19/2013

Israel is borderline personality disorder defined.

by Anonymousreply 2002/19/2013

We should corral them with drones.

by Anonymousreply 2102/19/2013

Ulterior motive in this. They want our help or support with something.

by Anonymousreply 2202/19/2013

Probably Iran, r22

by Anonymousreply 2302/19/2013

No surprise this didn't make the nightly news in this country. I'm sure if it were an American soldier and Afghan child it would have:

by Anonymousreply 2402/19/2013

They just want to make sure that 5 Broken Cameras doesn't win the Oscar for best documentary.

by Anonymousreply 2502/20/2013

Suck-ups.

by Anonymousreply 2602/20/2013

Gee, R22. Ya think???

BiBi fucked up big time when he inserted himself into our election so openly and embraced his old buddy, Romney. That visit to Israel with all the $$ people and Sheldon Adelson or Adelstein,the Vegas billionaire, when they all went for an "intelligence briefing" and fundraising junket, was very embarrassing. Made Netanyahu look like an asshole.

So now, Israel is doing this really big, obvious, extravagant ass kissing. Now, when Obama tries to fuck them up, they can say they awarded him this big honor and now look...it's a very Jewish guilt trip thing to do. Yes, I'm Jewish. But I am AMERICAN first.

I will say it makes me sad to realize Shimon Peres is in his 80's. If he were even in his 70's he'd be a formidable counter balance to BiBi.

by Anonymousreply 2702/20/2013

Something tells me this won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 2802/20/2013

Disgusting.. how is this something to be proud of? A state that has executed the Palestine population through decades, a state that is guilty of so many human rights violations. Palestine is just like the Apartheid in South Africa.. only it's worse.

I have boycotted Israeli goods for years, and will continue to boycott it until Palestine gets what is rightfully theirs.

by Anonymousreply 2902/20/2013

It's nice to think of the Screaming of the Wingnuts when the medal is awarded, but ultimately it represents exactly the wrong relationship with Israel, nation of ethnic cleansing, land theft, and Apartheid.

by Anonymousreply 3002/20/2013

Bibi tried to mess with our elections by supporting Romney. In turn, Obama criticize Bibi which was overheard by "an open mic". Bibi lost a lot of support and had a hard time scrambling enough support with the conservative party to remain in power. The Lefist Party is so happy with the "open mic" incident and Bibi knows his days are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 3102/20/2013

Haha freepers! Suck it!

by Anonymousreply 3202/20/2013

In what way, R28?

by Anonymousreply 3302/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!