Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kelly Clarkson fights back!

She's letting Clive Davis have it for "lies" he's made about her in his new book.

by Anonymousreply 12907/13/2013

Good for her

by Anonymousreply 102/19/2013

I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 202/19/2013

What about all the other artists he fucked over (down boys, not literally)

by Anonymousreply 302/19/2013

Cat fight!!!

I may not like her music all that much, but damn she doesn't hold back!

by Anonymousreply 402/19/2013

Her response was perfection.

by Anonymousreply 502/19/2013

Dang, girl! Scorched. Earth.

by Anonymousreply 602/19/2013

While most people are focusing on the bisexual admission Clive Davis makes in his new memoir (including us), it should hasn't gone unnoticed that a significant portion of The Soundtrack of My Life revisits the tough times he and Kelly Clarkson endured.

In the book, Davis writes that Clarkson adamantly did not want Since U Been Gone featured on her CD and that she burst into "hysterical sobbing" when he insisted. Davis also says he didn't believe Clarkson capable of co-penning any hit songs, which is why the two parted ways over her third studio album.

Now, Clarkson has hit back, addressing those two claims in particular in a new blog post.

"So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music," Clarkson writes. "I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation for myself and for my fans. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone -- even Clive Davis."

"First, he says I burst into 'hysterical sobbing' in his office when he demanded Since You Been Gone be on my album. Not true at all. His stories and songs are mixed up. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way."

"But, yes, I did cry in his office once. I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called Because Of You. I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a 'sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me.' He continued on about how the song didn't rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing. This was devastating coming from a man who I, as a young girl, considered a musical hero and was so honored to work with."

"But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn't include that in the book."

"He also goes on to say My December wasn't successful because I co-penned the album and it didn't have 'pop hits.' Well, first let me say, I've co-penned many of my 'pop hits.' Secondly, My December went platinum (It sold 20,000 less than All I Ever Wanted which followed My December.) Hardly a huge failure. Never Again, the ONLY single they released in the US from that record was a Top 10 hit. I am very proud of that and I have my fans to thank. But, again, what's most interesting about his story is what he leaves out: He doesn't mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach its full potential. My December was an album I needed to make for myself for many reasons and the fact that I was so completely disregarded and disrespected was so disheartening, there really aren't words to explain..."

"Anyway, I love my job. I love my music. I love my fans. I love my label and all of my professional relationships... now. And I am grateful for Clive for teaching me to know the difference."

by Anonymousreply 702/19/2013

I have it from another source (big name that was on his label) that he is indeed a nasty piece of work who thinks he knows everything.

by Anonymousreply 802/19/2013

One chubby bisexual attacks another!

by Anonymousreply 902/19/2013

Kelly Clarkson is a faggot!!

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2013

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013

R9, damn you! You made me laugh!

I'd W&W it but I believe Kelly so I won't!

But I laughed!

by Anonymousreply 1202/19/2013

Well this reveals Kelly is stubborn. "My December" was a bad album. I remember when it came out and the controversy around it. Clive didn't want to release it, he wanted her to record a new album. I didn't like any song from the album.

Many American Idol contestants' careers were sabotaged. Clay Aiken's second album was all new songs. Executives didn't like it so they had him record old songs and release it as his second album. Kelly Clarkson is the only American Idol winner where her second album was released quickly after her first. It allowed her fans to continue what they did for the first album and to keep her in the public eye at a critical stage in her career. All subsequent winners and runner-ups' second albums were released YEARS after the first. The time frame of being out of the public eye killed or dampened their careers. That's what the executive probably wanted because usually the first album is where the money is made.

by Anonymousreply 1302/19/2013

Lest we forget, Kelly was a big ROn Paul supporter and was vehemently anti-gay

by Anonymousreply 1402/19/2013

Like [R13] said Kelly is stubborn. She has had that reputation for a long time. I remember she got into a spat with Ryan Tedder over one of the songs he wrote for her.

by Anonymousreply 1502/19/2013

I am a big fan and have all her cd’s, but….

[quote] My December went platinum (It sold 20,000 less than All I Ever Wanted which followed My December.)

This probably isn’t proof of anything more than that My December probably sold most of its units right up front based on the momentum of her debut cd. All I Ever Wanted came out more recently and it helped to re-establish her career and probably sold more slowly and steadily since it had a few hit singles attached to it (I personally love this cd).

[quote] Never Again, the ONLY single they released in the US from that record was a Top 10 hit.

Again, more likely due to career momentum than true popularity. Does anyone hear this song anymore? It really has no hook. It’s an okay filler song but it certainly isn’t a “hit single” like her other popular radio songs.

[quote] Well, first let me say, I've co-penned many of my 'pop hits.'

Well I certainly wasn’t in the room when these songs were written but I doubt based on listening to “My December” that she was the main writer of any of her hit songs. Just like I don’t believe Mariah Carey or Madonna co-write their hit songs.

by Anonymousreply 1602/19/2013

Closet Lesbian Kelly needs to come out, not get fake married.

by Anonymousreply 1702/19/2013

My December is not a bad album. It is an excellent one.

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2013

Good for her. If she feels she needs to defend herself, I'm glad she took it on.

by Anonymousreply 1902/19/2013

Does anyone else think closetcase Kelly's mentor Reba McEntire devised the whole "Kelly is marrying my stepson" thing?

by Anonymousreply 2002/19/2013

Kelly Clarkson fights back fat!

by Anonymousreply 2102/19/2013

My December has some really good songs.

Irvine, Sober, Be Still, Maybe, Don't Waste Your Time, Can I Have a Kiss...all good. Irvine is particularly great.

by Anonymousreply 2202/19/2013

She's full of shit. Hate her corny "Star Search" voice and shitty music.

by Anonymousreply 2302/19/2013

[quote] My December has some really good songs. Irvine, Sober, Be Still, Maybe, Don't Waste Your Time, Can I Have a Kiss...all good. Irvine is particularly great.

Agree on some of these, but I see Davis's point that none of these are hit pop single material

by Anonymousreply 2402/19/2013

[quote]Irvine is particularly great.

Completely agree. Sad and haunting lyrics. Perfect subdued vocals. A brilliant song.

by Anonymousreply 2502/19/2013

I love Never Again. It's a great song.

I'm glad she stood up to him. I love & admire Clive too but he can sabotage people. Think of what happened to Whitney, he was one of the people who wanted WH to stay closeted. And I think he encouraged her to be with BB.

by Anonymousreply 2602/19/2013

Well, she can't write plain English, I'll give Davis that.

What a couple of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2702/19/2013

I deserved to win. If only because I indulged Gaycrest in his perversions.

(Trust me, you don't want to know.)

by Anonymousreply 2802/19/2013

It's shitty and petty of Clive to piss all over Kelly and biggest hit song. Long after anyone cared about the My December release controversey, he has to get in one more dig. He sounds like a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 2902/19/2013

I'm going to side with Kelly. Love her. She makes 'pop' music that you don't have to be embarrassed to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 3002/19/2013

It's on record long before this memoir and her response that she's had to fight Clive to have say in her material. He just wanted her to shut up and sing. She's still the most successful Idol alum - wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 3102/19/2013

Carrie Underwood has eclipsed her by quite a bit, R31

by Anonymousreply 3202/19/2013

Add another one for Team Clarkson. I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 3302/19/2013

[quote]She's full of shit. Hate her corny "Star Search" voice and shitty music.

Feel better now?

by Anonymousreply 3402/19/2013

Go Kelly Its your birthday Get Busy

by Anonymousreply 3502/19/2013

Team Kelly! feel like she can do no wrong with that voice of hers. Her season of American Idol is still the only one I've watched.

by Anonymousreply 3602/19/2013

R32 I don't know Underwood's sales stats but you're right, wouldn't be surprised if she's outsold Clarkson (I'm kind of embarrassed I forgot about her but then again I'm not a big country fan). Still, Clarkson remains hands down the biggest mainstream pop/rock Idol winner in terms of sales, radio rotation and general media presence. Clive is just a controlling asshole who gets mad anytime he's dare 'challenged'.

by Anonymousreply 3702/19/2013

He probably put that in the book as revenge. He knew people were aware of their power struggles and wanted his side heard.

I believe her, because other artists have described his assholery the same. But good for him for coming out, which is more than you can say for Kelly.

She's the 3rd lez star of his, right?

by Anonymousreply 3802/19/2013

I believe her too.

I'm not aware of anything "vehemently anti-gay" from her either. And that spat with Ryan Tedder, didn't he send her and Beyonce each a song using the same music and Kelly ended up getting all kinds of crap for supposedly ripping off Beyonce? I'd be pissed too.

Sounds like she's exactly the right kind of stubborn. She might just survive the shitty industry she's in with all its greedy Clive Davis's.

by Anonymousreply 3902/19/2013

[quote]Carrie Underwood has eclipsed her by quite a bit.

That's a dubious statement, at best. There are dozens of potential criteria for "most successful" American Idol: record sales; radio play; name recognition; awards; concert revenue; #1 hits; top 10 hits; money earned, etc.

On almost any of these criteria, the top American Idol is bound to be Kelly or Carrie, but neither one is so dominant as to discount the other as a reasonable contender for the title of "most successful" American Idol. In any case, they are both huge stars enjoying tremendous success.

by Anonymousreply 4002/19/2013

I believe her, too.

And, I knew that old bitch sucked dick. Saw the curdled turd at Delano a couple of times.

by Anonymousreply 4102/19/2013

It's ridiculous that out of all his years in the business, he picks the Kelly story to be one of the ones featured? She must have put up quite the fight for him to be in his book. Great work Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 4202/19/2013

Fights that weren't aired like dirty laundry, such as Kelly's, won't be aired in his book because there's no need for him to bring them up in the first place.

There is zero chance that she is the only one done wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4302/19/2013

Whitney should have fought him too. Staying in the closet hurt Whitney a lot. The NERVE of him, really.

by Anonymousreply 4402/19/2013

Clive is sleazy scum. Whitney's Momma don' like him neither.

by Anonymousreply 4502/19/2013

stole money from Whitney. Their business arrangement was not as beneficial to her as it was to him. It was as if she were indentured.

by Anonymousreply 4602/19/2013

The definition of "record contract" actually is indentured servitude.

by Anonymousreply 4702/19/2013

I always liked her because she never seemed to be about showbiz BS.

by Anonymousreply 4902/19/2013

[quote]Well this reveals Kelly is stubborn.

I'm no fan of Kelly, but maybe her being stubborn is why she's one of the few American Idol alums to actually still have a career. So she must be doing something right.

I'm glad she spoke up because it confirms what I've always believed - that Clive's nicey-nice act where he always pretended to care about his artists was fake. All he cared about was the money, period.

by Anonymousreply 5002/19/2013

My December was a good album Sober makes me cry every time I hear it. Kelly is not one to back down even from Clive. Remember the Ryan Tedder mess with Halo for Beyonce and Already Gone for Clarkson, same music different lyrics. Kelly made no bones about being screwed.

The real deal is Clive wanted Kelly to be a studio artist - sing what they told her too and crank out hit after hit of pop music - while Kelly wanted to grow and saw herself more as Pink than Britney. To him she would always be the girl that won AI and should be grateful he gave her that contract.

Maybe that is why AI cut ties with Clive and saddled up with Jimmy Ioviine - another great scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 5102/19/2013

Staying in the closet killed Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 5202/19/2013

She doesn't have any memorable songs. She has a good voice ( not great just good, I don't think she has the best control) but her songs are forgettable. She's spunky and she has her fans so that's good.

by Anonymousreply 5302/19/2013

I don't think Whitney was lesbian. Kelly? I'm not so sure. She seems to hate the speculation. She's tried to be more PC about her discomfort when she's asked about it. But it obvious she doesn't want people thinking she is. Kelly protests too much for me to believe her.

by Anonymousreply 5402/19/2013

"he was one of the people who wanted WH to stay closeted."---Not to mention dead.

Kelly will get the last laugh when she writes HER memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 5502/19/2013

Okay, it was really EERIE reading that Kelly said Clive told her she was a shitty writer. He pretty did the SAME EXACT thing to Phyllis Hyman. She wrote a song "Gonna Make Changes" and Clive told her to stick with singing. From then on Phyllis thought she wasn't cut for song writing. Thank you Kelly for fighting a fight so many others just couldn't do.

by Anonymousreply 5602/19/2013

Clive seems like a bully bringing this story up in his memoir...

by Anonymousreply 5702/19/2013

Kelly Clarkson has one of the best voices out there and is much more than a Star Search singer. It is tiresome to hear people give opinions based on nothing but disdain for a television show and no knowledge of the artist.

She has a history of standing up for her principles and whether it is adding more guitars, advocating for her favourite songwriters or refusing to sing certain songs in certain circumstances. Kelly is no diva, but has things to say and is at her best in concert, with her fans. She has a great sense of humour and loves singing more than the image business. Not a small things these days.

I am a musician and have worked with her, and what you see is what you get. She is a fucking wonderful chick who loves what she does, and loves all kind of music. Anyone who has been to a Kelly Clarkson concert knows that she can sing anything from country, to indie rock, to the American songbook to Springsteen, Dylan, Creed, Shania Twain, ONJ, or Aretha, Florence and the Machine, Annie Lenox or Bruno Mars. She is like the best bar band singer in the world, but one who has a gorgeous soprano head voice and is a great belter in mid register, with rasp and bell tones available to her, plus a whistle register too. I have never heard her sound perfect. But I have seen her give joy and make people weep. She write songs too and not bad ones. "Because of You" is a song that is meaningful lyrically, musically and emotionally to many.

Sober is a fantastic song and she deserves real rock cred for her performance of "Never Again." Kelly is so underestimated as to make me wonder if the gays don't really prefer the non singing Divas that they say they hate ?

When American Idol was doing it's PR telethon for African relief, her record label insisted that she perform Never Again, her new single. She refused to sing it as it was nothing but a angry done wrong rock attempt and insisted on singing Patti Griffin's "Up to the Mountain" instead. She had Jeff Beck accompany her. She is not afraid to so say no, and is not above firing musicians who don't perform well either. She respects her audience.

She loves music of all kinds and has voiced frustration with what her label wanted verses what she wanted to do many times. She understands the game, and likes to have hit records too. I am not saying she is Janis Joplin or Joni Mitchell but she has plenty of integrity and talent and taste.

She is not a perfect vocalist, sometimes scraping the high notes and sometimes flat. Sometimes. But she is a more dynamic vocalist with a superior range to Adele or please jesus Carrie Underwood. Kelly sings from her heart and has no divadom trappings. Not a great beauty, not given to histrionics, and not usually thin. She expresses what is appropriate to the song and has a beautiful voice if you take the time to listen to her complete ability. She always sings LIVE.

Once again some idiots are posting about some "fat" chick only knowing one or two of her most innocuous songs.

Kelly will be singing her whole life. That is what she does. She is a pure singer, through and through, a rocking chick and sensitive woman who respects other artists and has her own things to say. She is one of the least neurotic stars in music. She is generous and fun, but speaks up loud and clear when things are not righteous.

I know that her statements regarding Clive Davis are not only true, but are not even half of what she could say.

She is NOT gay, and is pretty happy these days in her personal life. She is not gonna set your world on swoon, but check her out in concert. A beautiful experience.

by Anonymousreply 5802/19/2013

The Jews who run things in music make the Jews who run things in film and television look like saints.

by Anonymousreply 5902/19/2013

Damn, my post was too long, sorry.

Kelly Clarkson, singing Dylan.

"To Make You Feel my Love."

by Anonymousreply 6002/19/2013

You don't have to like her to believe her. It makes me wonder how he treated Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 6102/19/2013

"Their business arrangement was not as beneficial to her as it was to him."

I've said this before, but if Clive cared so much about Whitney why didn't he insist on her having publishing rights on her songs? You know, get her a few co-writing credits. A few years ago she toured basically because she had to, due to financial difficulties, even though her voice was shot. She was subjected to ridicule and scorn. Basically Clive preferred her as a puppet and publishing rights would have given her financial freedom to say NO.

by Anonymousreply 6202/19/2013

Thank you, R58. That confirms what seems pretty apparent from watching her interact with audiences when she's not singing. She also was stunning in her versatility and confidence on the Duets show last season.

by Anonymousreply 6302/19/2013

Kelly singing Keith Urban.

"Tonight I want to Cry"

by Anonymousreply 6402/19/2013

I love you, r58.

by Anonymousreply 6502/19/2013

Kelly Clarkson is dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 6602/19/2013

Team Kelly here. Look, to get to Clive's place in that business you have to be cut throat and an unmitigated cunt. You don't get that much money and power by being nice. I agree the guy is a typical Hollywood piece of work who lives in a bubble that he's created.

by Anonymousreply 6702/19/2013

I guess Kelly wanted Clive to tell her she is the next Diane Warren and got offended when he wasn't impressed by her songwriting.

R58 was THERE in his head.

by Anonymousreply 6802/19/2013

[quote]Staying in the closet killed Whitney.

Oh, give it a rest, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 6902/19/2013

Just one more post, this is the real Kelly. Cute, fun, wanting to do it right, into her band and her audience. Full of heart and instinct. Chill.

She cleans up pretty well for TV, sometimes, but this is the cute girl with the great voice and heart. LOVE her.

by Anonymousreply 7002/19/2013

[quote]vehemently anti-gay

Why would you say something so incredibly not true? If you don't like her, fine, but why the need to make shit up?

by Anonymousreply 7102/19/2013

Give the PR bullshit a rest R58

by Anonymousreply 7202/19/2013

I love R58, too. And I really like Kelly, though I don't buy her music.

R38, why does Clive deserve plaudits for coming out while slamming young artists trying to make it? He's 148 years old, FFS. He could have come out decades ago; it wouldn't have hurt his career at that point. AND he prevented Whitney from being herself. He is a viper.

by Anonymousreply 7302/19/2013

Thank you, R58/60. She kicks Adele's affected ass.

by Anonymousreply 7402/19/2013

Clive calls Kelly a Liar.

Clive Davis (@CliveDavis) Posted Wednesday 20th February 2013 from Twitlonger

As anyone who has read "The Soundtrack of My Life" knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer. In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences. I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together. Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly's talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.

-Clive Davis

by Anonymousreply 7502/19/2013

How senile is the man? He had to verify with 5 people that what he "remembers" was correct.

Good for you Kelly, slimy dude.

by Anonymousreply 7602/19/2013

r68 and r72

I don't do PR bullshit. I have an opinion and am musically educated and sometimes sharing these can help some see or hear what they have missed. I posted some illustrative links.

I have worked with Kelly Clarkson, but am not in her band or in my HEAD. It was kind of a fluke. We hung out too. I am a fan, regardless.

I never comment on the singers that I have worked with out here, but I cannot stand the lies that are constantly presented about Kelly Clarkson.

If you think she sucks, then I am not going to change your mind. Many people on DL including me sometimes hold opinions based on little exposure or knowledge.

I have some fine credentials that would not impress some, and they have given me opportunity to work with some gods and monsters, and all kinds of talent in between.

As basic beings, we are most attracted to the tone of a voice, regardless of any technical abilities. Yet there are measurable differences in a singer's talent.

Kelly Clarkson is a fine singer technically and I happen to like her as a performer and a person too. If you don't like her sound or songs, I respect that.

If your disagreement goes beyond that - into her weight, politics or your false imaginings, then DL is the place for it I am sure. Have at it.

But don't fuck with me.

by Anonymousreply 7702/19/2013

....and R58 takes this opportunity to give Kelly another PR tongue bath. Stop already. I'm beginning to hate her because of you.

by Anonymousreply 7802/19/2013

R58, she's not gay? You sure? I cant tell if she pings or not.

by Anonymousreply 7902/19/2013

R77, just some advice, when you make post like that and sign them the way you did, you will get bashed for it. Other posters may think that you are pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 8002/19/2013

I believe every word Kelly Clarkson stated, and even if it was not true, Clive deserves a special place in hell just for not canceling last year's Grammy party with Whitney's still-warm corpse a few floors away.

The more he suffers the better; by the way his book received scathing reviews saying it was petty and tremendously dull.

by Anonymousreply 8102/19/2013

He's a real bitch. Think about it. He writes a book at the age of what, 85? Clive has had a very eventful life. Knew a lot of fascinating artists. And he uses the occasion to shit on Kelly Clarkson?

I'm glad she spoke up. Clive can be just as sleazy as the rest. She was a waitress from Oklahoma who sang part time, hoping to make it. He looked down on her. He sounds jealous about the writing too. Of course, he got no action off her songs did he.

by Anonymousreply 8202/19/2013

I believe R58. What Kelly Clarkson wrote is exactly the same things she said at the time of the incident. Clive like many in his position wanted an artist he could control. He wanted sure hits and bubblegum pop. Kelly probably felt stifled. It happens all the time. The artist wants to spread their wings and someone wants it clipped.

by Anonymousreply 8302/19/2013

I'm being rejected now?

by Anonymousreply 8502/19/2013

Exaggerate much, r84?

Adele is huge.

by Anonymousreply 8602/19/2013

What do you mean, R85?

by Anonymousreply 8702/19/2013

There's a lot more evidence supporting R58s view than Clive's. Even Simon Cowell spoke out in support of Kelly over the December album debacle. Known-asshole Davis has consistently been the only person grinding an ax against Clarkson.

by Anonymousreply 8802/19/2013

Because, R84, unlike Adele, she didn't bad-technique herself into nodes while the whole world creamed themselves over what a great singer she is.

by Anonymousreply 8902/19/2013

So I take it that Kelly fans don't care for Adele?

by Anonymousreply 9002/20/2013

I think it's more like DL doesn't care for Adele

by Anonymousreply 9102/20/2013

I get your advice, but I am not going to dumb down to the room. I am not always pretentious, but I don't believe in making pretty suggestions when I know what I know. Fuck it.

This link shows when Kelly Clarkson proved that she was a big time singer in a bad get up from American Idol. She CAN do the Mariah Carey whistle stop.

She had something different to say. She is not the most original singer, but is currently one of the best.

The music industry is ruthless, and Kelly did not claim any great personal artistic vision. She just said no to what didn't feel right. ("because of you" is a great song and where does Clive say he was wrong about it?)

Kelly is far from the first one to ever speak out against a record label or a mogul's control. The list is long and most were far more pretentious in their statements and reasons and less direct in their actions.

I wish that Whitney had fought harder, when she had the power and her wits. She had other ways of rebelling.

Kelly Clarkson, American Idol "Natural Woman"

They found a star voice first time around.

by Anonymousreply 9202/20/2013

Why do you think that is, R91?

by Anonymousreply 9302/20/2013

There are Kelly Clarkson stans?

Just because you like her music or her image doesn't mean that she is any more capable than the creepy old man of telling the objective truth about an interpersonal conflict.

by Anonymousreply 9402/20/2013

ty r58 - & I think KC is engaged to someone. It would NOT MATTER if she was Lez or anything, she is a great artist.

by Anonymousreply 9502/20/2013

Who gives a shit about Clarkson. I want to know what, if anything, Davis wrote about LiZa.

by Anonymousreply 9602/20/2013

R23 Her voice is are an oh so snarky queen. Every snobby musician I know respects her voice and talent. A hole.

by Anonymousreply 9702/20/2013

R14 She voted for Obama ONLY because Romney was anti gay. Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 9802/20/2013

This acoustic live version of Since you've been gone is simply amazing. Those high notes at the!

by Anonymousreply 9902/20/2013

R58! It's you LA DL boyfriend! You tell 'em, partner!

by Anonymousreply 10002/20/2013

better link for the Since You've been Gone live version.

by Anonymousreply 10102/20/2013

KC is from Texas. Carrie U. is from Oklahoma.

Clive is old; he dwells on KC because he thinks that will sell his book. If this latest statement is true, he had his account vetted so that Kelly might gripe, but she couldn't sue.

by Anonymousreply 10202/20/2013

Thanks, my lucky number DL boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 10402/20/2013

Kelly did say she was a Republican at heart. Anyways, politics aside, this feud reminds me of Etta James and Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 10502/20/2013

[quote]Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them.

How can they possibly verify what she cried about? Were they in the office with her and Davis? Was anyone?

He seems to have fallen into the wealthy egomaniac's trap of thinking the public will necessarily believe something is so if he just says, "It is so." (cf. Donald Trump) I am glad she is embarrassing him--right now she has a lot more clout in the entertainment world than he does since he's ready for the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 10602/20/2013

"Up to the Mountain", a song written by Patti Griffin in reference to Marin Luther King's speech.

Kelly sings this often in concert, but not with Jeff Beck on guitar....

She is not a perfect singer, but listen to the center of her voice. It is beautiful. Her heart is always there.

by Anonymousreply 10702/20/2013

Enough with your obsessive stanning, R58. I was on Kelly's side but you're making me seriously dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 10802/20/2013

Her singing makes you dislike her?

Dislike me and be big enough to say so.

I don't even know what stanning means.

I don't think you know anything about Kelly Clarkson or Clive Davis. You must have some need to figure out your position on this topic.

I am not in your way. Put your world in order.

by Anonymousreply 10902/20/2013

I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 11002/20/2013

She sucks in every way. Not an artist, there's no soul in her voice, she's a 4-H Club member.

by Anonymousreply 11102/20/2013

I believe him. She's not an equal of the true artists he's worked with Paul Simon, Aretha, Janis. She's common, a contest winner.

by Anonymousreply 11202/20/2013

[quote]I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them.

In other words his PAID employees fact checked it. Kelly wins.

by Anonymousreply 11302/20/2013

Kelly wins? When she sues and wins, you mean.

She recites sales figures and Billboard positions as though they shed light on her face-to-face meetings with Clive.

by Anonymousreply 11402/20/2013

It's sad that so many queens here just don't understand the importance of Kelly fighting back. It must be because Clive is a white man.

by Anonymousreply 11502/20/2013

let see Beyonce - lip sync. Kelly Live at inaugural. Clarkson blew Bey away. She can to speak.

fyi Clarkson co-wrote Walk Away with Kara Dio Guardi - 2x plat Never Again - certified gold Behind these Hazel eyes - cert plat Ms. Independant - gold

just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 11602/20/2013

Kelly Clarkson Still Doesn’t Get It, and Attacks Clive Davis’s Memory

02/19/13 Roger Friedman

"I thought Kelly Clarkson had matured and grown up. Obviously, I am wrong. The “American Idol” star nearly tanked her career over a hideous album called “My December” a few years ago. She fought with Clive about putting it out. He did, and it was a dud. Her career could have been stopped cold. But Clarkson was talked down off her ledge and made to come to her senses. Davis and his team–notably Pete Ganbarg, who’s a genius A&R guy– got her a new single, “My Life Would Suck Without You.” It put Kelly back on top. This year, going with the Davis-Ganbarg formula at RCA, Clarkson had “Stronger” and “Mister Know it All.” And a hit greatest hits album. “My December” was her Waterloo."

by Anonymousreply 11702/20/2013

Roger Friedman is such a kiss-ass. Can Kelly score him a ticket to Clive's Pre-Grammy party every year in exchange for fawning publicity? Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 11802/20/2013

Her "Waterloo"? Isn't Waterloo a metaphor for a career ending failure?

I don't know the writer, but he's a drama queen and makes me think Kelly is totally honest. She's hardly been exiled to Saint Helena!

by Anonymousreply 11902/20/2013

Is Clive Davis a top or a bottom? What male superstars has he fucked around with? My bet is on Usher and Diddy. I think he bottomed for Diddy and fucked the shit outta Usher.

by Anonymousreply 12002/20/2013

We're next!

by Anonymousreply 12102/20/2013

Kelly went from selling 6 million of Breakaway to not even one million of My Disaster in no time flat. That is a classic Waterloo failure.

by Anonymousreply 12202/20/2013

Roger Friedman is so obnoxious. He's nothing more than a media mouth-piece for certain industry power players, from Mariah Carey to Clive Davis. This email conversation between Friedman and Benny Medina, Mariah's manager at the time, are very revealing about his tactics:

***From: Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:15 AM To: B.M.[] Cc: Subject: RE: Vadge Strikes Again Benny- I’m going to do a “review” of Madonna’s concert this week at MSG. Madonna’s sheeple refused to give me free tickets last time she toured, so I paid for the tickets myself just so I could trash the show. I think I can get in this time for free though. Be sure to read the details in my column this week. From: Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:13 PM To: B.M.[] Cc: Subject: Very Serious Matter Here! Benny- I didn’t attend the show but did a little negative vibe type thingy in my column this morning. However, I have to be honest with you regarding something I’m very upset about: Somehow, our conversation about my upcoming review got into the media. There was a Chicago radio station—B96 I think—that gossiped how Mariah was upset about her poor ticket sales and hired a gossip columnist to plant in a negative piece about Madonna’s tour. This was last week—before my column even appeared. Dan called me about it this morning and I cooled things down. I’ve received several emails about this as well. Benny, it is very important that our conversations stay between us. I’m not accusing you of telling anybody or doing anything, but stuff like this can get me in a lot of trouble. You know that I love working with both you and Mariah, but I love my job more than anything. Because of the suspicion, I cannot do a review of Mariah’s concert dates. I will be more than happy to attend and party with you two, but my discussion of her tour will be very minimal. I hope you understand. From: B.M.[] Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:41 PM To: Cc: Subject: RE: Very Serious Matter Here!: We definitely need to talk. I’m going to give you a call in about 15 minuts. I understand your positon on this but have to stress that I did NOT say anything to anybody. I agree that it would look bad if you do a review but don’t worry. I talked to Helen at MSNBC -she is going to do an article around the time the tour kicks off.***

You can bet there are emails from Clive sitting in Roger Friedman's inbox right now.

by Anonymousreply 12302/20/2013

Stop stannin', yo!

by Anonymousreply 12402/20/2013

He seems mean.

by Anonymousreply 12502/20/2013

I believe her because his account is dismissive of her. Kelly Clarkson is a singer. Along with singing comes sensation. It's just not credible that someone like her, who sings the way she does, wouldn't be keen to sing a song like Since You've Been Gone. It's what she lives for.

by Anonymousreply 12602/20/2013

I don't really care about awards, but this Grammy win is timely for Kelly Clarkson. Her speech demonstrates what many of us have said: that she is into other music, is well liked, is down to the ground and has some fun with it all.

Clive Davis likes what and who he can control. He has guided many careers, and molded some astounding talents. Maybe destroyed some spirits too.

If he resurrected KC's career with "My life would suck without You", he can be sure that most all know that "Never Again" and "Sober" were far better songs. He likes to humiliate Kelly because she is not an astounding diva and cannot be molded much. She is a barefoot, outspoken overweight chick. Sure to turn the old fruit off.

Sales aren't everything, not until no one is listening. That kind of thinking undermines all risk taking in all of the arts.

by Anonymousreply 12702/22/2013

i can't believe the nasty things i have read on here today!! people should remember that kelly is a person - if i was famous i would be heartbroken to read some of this b***@@@@%//

by Anonymousreply 12807/13/2013

It's 'bullshit', Kyle. You can spell it out here without being such a pissy little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12907/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!