Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Body Double

Watching it now and laughing my ass off!

Anyone ever have a neighbor who strips and dances erotically like clockwork every single night? Did you peak?

They don't make films like this anymore, do they?

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1502/19/2013

I remember really being drawn into the suspense in that scene where he stalks the girl as she shops...

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 102/19/2013

I remember hating the dubbing of her voice.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 202/19/2013

yes. The voice is Helen Shaver who was a popular actress at the time. Deborah Shelton must have been really bad.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 302/19/2013

great score

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 402/19/2013

[quote] Did you peak?

Oh, dear.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 502/19/2013

It was ludicrous when it was released, too.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 602/19/2013

It's so unbelievably bad.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 702/19/2013

And Craig Wasson was the most unappealing lead actor. What was DePalma thinking?

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 802/19/2013

Wasn't it released around the same time as "Crimes of Passion" with Katleen Turner? I remember digging the scene where, I believe it was Kathleen's character, was having sex with a hot guy and she rammed a policeman's night stick up his ass.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 902/19/2013

What I mainly remember is the out of nowhere music video.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1002/19/2013

really hated that stupid movie

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1102/19/2013

I remember laughing through the whole thing as a teen, my straight friends were pissed off that I did, I guess they were too horned up by the dirty dancing.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1202/19/2013

No idea why I feel the need to defend this movie. I don't think it's great, but very few movies balance tense and funny very well.

Melanie Griffith is pretty wonderful and funny in this one. Usually, DePalma is unrelentingly cruel to his female characters (either they're dead or are scarred for life mentally by the end) But Holly Body lives and seems well adjusted (all things considered) at the end.

And Craig Wasson wasn't much of a leading man. However, in this movie where he is supposed to be a complete buffoon and patsy the whole way through, it works. He is personality-free, so the viewer completely buys that he would fall for all of the bullshit involved.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1302/19/2013

I have always liked this movie. Entertaining and you really don't have to think much.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1402/19/2013

Remember when DePalma was taken seriously as a major film director?

Hee.

by Melanie Griffith's itty bitty tittiesreply 1502/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.