Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chelsea Handler

She gets away with racism because of sexism.

What do I mean? She gets away with hatefully racist jokes because she's a woman and no one gives a shit about her jokes in the first place. Comedy is still misogynistic and Chelsea takes advantage of that fact by hurling racist jokes knowing she won't face the wrath of any group or organization. She can get away with "jokes" that her counterparts cannot. Since she's not insightful, smart or timely, she reduces herself to some menial crack about Mexicans or Asians for a cheap laugh.

In a strange way, it's actually pretty smart.

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2013

[quote]Since she's not insightful, smart or timely, she reduces herself to some menial crack about Mexicans or Asians for a cheap laugh.

And notice how she never makes any Jew jokes. It's amazing how it's OK to make fun of other groups but not her own culture.

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

She's a worn out looking piece of trash who fucked her way into a show with the head of the E! Network.

Nick Cannon was right when he said she looks like she got beaten with a bag of hot nickels.

P.S. Her best selling book has 3 extra ghost writers who got checks on the hush in exchange for not claiming credit.

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

She's on a quick trip to wrinkled and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

I don't expect to see her around much longer. Seems like time is running out on her show and career.

by Anonymousreply 402/19/2013

That's why her show is a hit, and all her books are best sellers. lmao

Gotta love DL logic.

by Anonymousreply 502/19/2013

She is just not that funny , yet she seem to think she is.

by Anonymousreply 602/19/2013

Isn't that the same way that gay men get awy with racism (and sexism) because of homophobia?

by Anonymousreply 702/19/2013

Gay men get away with misogyny because of homophobia? Gay men get away with racism because of homophobia? Is that why gay men get away with hateful misogynist and racist jokes because no one gives a shit about gay men?

by Anonymousreply 802/19/2013

[quote]Nick Cannon was right when he said she looks like she got beaten with a bag of hot nickels.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 902/19/2013

I love Chelsea and her show. And it's not as if all comedians don't make jokes the way she does. The thing is there's a fine line between making a joke and being hateful (i.e. saying something Ann Coulter would say). Chelsea's not hateful; she's a crank.

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2013

She ripped Joan Rivers a new one. Joan was damaged in the aftermath since Chelsea has a younger demographic. It all happened on Howard Stern. Joan tried to hit back, but she came off as pathetic. Howard even trashed Joan for demanding that no one make fun of her daughter, while she's making fun of everyone else. Robin did Joan's Roast, and she was told beforehand that jokes about Melissa were off-limits. Chelsea was helped even more with this info being aired. Whatever. Chelsea was fucking the head of E!. She'll never be without a job. She's a money making machine.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013

Does Chelsea have vocal fry?

by Anonymousreply 1202/19/2013

[quote]Howard even trashed Joan for demanding that no one make fun of her daughter, while she's making fun of everyone else.

I'm glad he called her out on that. What did Joan say about it?

by Anonymousreply 1302/19/2013

This whole quickest-way-to-the-top is on your back shit has got to stop. Untalented people need to be languishing in obscurity with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 1402/19/2013

I'm not a very big fan of Chelsea. I think she is aging horribly, which she has admitted too several times. But I loved when she ripped apart Joan Rivers. Joan was funny years ago, but now she is irritating as fuck. It is a well known fact that many PR teams tell their celeb clients to avoid Joan and Melissa. Joan and Melissa have lied or exaggerated things about celebs in the past.

by Anonymousreply 1502/19/2013

Yes, r8. What are you, slow?

by Anonymousreply 1602/19/2013

I've heard of her for a long time, but have never seen her show. She was on Ellen yesterday and I caught a bit of it when I got home from work. Actually, she was pretty humorous. I have no idea if she's funny or not on her show.

by Anonymousreply 1702/19/2013

Handler has an look to her---she looks ill. Not entirely clean either. She can be funny, however, her act being based on her threesomes and booze binging is getting old and really, how many more years can she pull that off.

She's really an oddity, especially if she got in her position by sleeping her way around--yeck!

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.