Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm tired of pundits psycho-analyzing GW Bush's presidency

The idea that he had to go into Iraq and get Saddam Hussein because he had Daddy issues is ludicrous.

I don't give a fuck what his personal issues were, he was the President and he was responsible for sending thousands of people to die over a lie. Can we please not reduce the reality of this issue to a couch-psychologist 's discussion of Freudian issues?

by Anonymousreply 2102/19/2013

I don't ever see anyone discussing george or his presidency. I fairly certain the entire world, including me is trying to forget he ever existed

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

Agree with OP and R2. Worst fucking president ever.

Tune into the Rachel Maddow show tonight. She's doing a documentary on the Iraq war called Hubris

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

Thanks for the reminder r2...

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

Speaking of...Rachel Maddow is debuting "Hubris" documentary tonight at 9 EST. Can someone start a thread please?

It is supposedly going to make Chaney's head explode. I want the whole country to watch, not just the MSNBC watchers.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

he was a terrible president

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

And yet you posted OP, you posted.

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

Don't think for a minute that daddy issues didn't play a role. These neocons are reactive and stupid. Cheney and co. were thrilled to have all the patsies they wanted. The remarkable thing to me is-even after all these years, the republican cowards are still keeping all the myths alive about 911 and Iraq, and still defending the invasion and everything that went with it. Anyone notice how none of Patriot Romney's sons were affected by any of it ??

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

"Hubris" on no

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

Surely there were other causes (such as the relentless Neo-Con drumbeat), but at the same time I think we can be sure that we would not have gone to war against Iraq had Saddam Hussein not made the deplorable mistake of trying to assassinate W's father.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

Why does DL always call Laura "Pickles"? I wasn't around during the W administration. Please fill me in.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

Maybe Bush had daddy issues, but the impulses motivating the Neo Cons, Cheney Wolfowitz, Libby,and that whole crowd, were subduing the middle east and getting fat off Haliburton and oil leases. It's always about money and influence.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

Girls in rich families older than dirt Who go to sororities have nicknames that flirt. Muffy and Fluffy, and Soo-Soo are given, One woman I know is called "Fuzzy Pink" Niven!

Named after her choices in warm fluffy slipper. And then there's the name of Mrs. Gore: Tipper. There's Maxie and Whizzwee, the names are absurd! But those are the names of the matrons I've heard.

I've heard some called Poochie or Peaches like that. It's an Ivy League custom of the monied éclat. I'd bet it's a name she picked up in college At least SHE (unlike Dubya) acquired some knowledge.

At Vassar or Bryn Mawr where lineage glisters, Or any old college known as "Seven Sisters" The wildest of names, on dance cards you'll see As debutants vie for their "Mrs." Decree!

After marriage the custom is keeping the 'name' Even if in later years, it seems rather lame. Long gone is her girlhood, but that name still tickles, And THAT is the origin of the First Lady, "Pickles"!

by Anonymousreply 1202/19/2013

Bravo/a, R12!

by Anonymousreply 1302/19/2013

I'm jealous R12.

by Anonymousreply 1402/19/2013

This is also about Peak Oil.

There was no push for "democracy" or weapons or anything else. We went to war for oil.

Watch "The End of Suburbia," especially the second half, for a more detailed explanation.

by Anonymousreply 1502/19/2013

R15 is correct. The motivation for going into Iraq was the same as the motivation of all wars: money.

by Anonymousreply 1602/19/2013

I love, love, love R12

by Anonymousreply 1702/19/2013

Nice r12.

Did you write the original post in Dem. Underground ?

It's very good.

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2013

But Bush did to go into Iraq and get Saddam Hussein because of his Daddy issues:

It's very reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 1902/19/2013

If he went after Saddam due to his father, I doubt it was "for" daddy. More likely he did it for mommy to show her he's better than daddy.

Definite Oedipus complex.

by Anonymousreply 2002/19/2013

Wasn't there some stink about one of the first buildings the troops occupied was the old Hotel Baghdad that had a picture of HW Bush on the floor so they could walk on him?

by Anonymousreply 2102/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!