Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Misrepresentations on the Internet.

Okay, I met this guy on the Internet. We conversed back and forth for about six months. During that time, we discovered we had common interests, and I started falling for him.

He said he modeled and he came across as sophisticated . For instance, he used the term flatulence instead of fart, bowel movement instead of shit, urinate instead of piss, regurgitate instead of barf, and so on.

Anyway, he finally sent me some pictures, and he's not at all what I pictured. Very common looking, and appears to shop at Wal-Mart.

What do I do? I don't want to hurt his feelings but I have no interest in resuming our discourse.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

First off, if physical appearance is important to you (and I'm not saying it shouldn't be) you should have nicely asked for a picture from the start.

If you're not into him then end it now. Don't string him along because you're afraid of hurting his feelings. Dragging it out will only make things worse.

Yes, I'm a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

Well, if your discourse of the past six months revolved around fart, shit, piss, and barf, I can see how you fell it love.

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

I was just giving examples, R2. Not all of our conversations revolved around those subjects.

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

He should have said "micturate." Then you'd want to keep him no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

Everyone is a model on the internet. Is today your first day?

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

As a friend of mine says, "Everybody's got eight inches on the internet. Impress me with something else."

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

[quote]We conversed back and forth for about six months.

That was your first mistake. Unless you're both shut-ins who are specifically seeking an internet-only, pen-pal-style relationship, you need to get out there and meet in person long before six months elapse. Somebody you "know" only through internet correspondence may come across as a completely different (and far less appealing) person in real life. Before you waste a whole bunch of time and get so enmeshed with somebody online that you begin to feel you have actual obligations to him, just fucking meet for coffee or a drink or something, and see if you even click at all in real life.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

[quote]We conversed back and forth for about six months.

That is redundant. You don't need to say "back and forth." If you conversed, then by definition it was back and forth. He is better off without a slovenly linguist like you.

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

OP, you disgust me, how shallow can anyone be. He is an internet friend. Your friendship is only as good as his looks? Kill yourself today.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

I'm sensing this could be an EST thread, but if not: you should NEVER converse with anyone for six *months* online before meeting them. Six *days* should be the maximum. You can't find out if someone's what they say they are, or if you have any sort of chemistry with them (romantic, friend-wise, or whatever) until meeting in person, PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

He didn't misrepresent himself. He just didn't live up to your fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

OP, you're so shallow.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!