Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Homosexuality or bi-sexuality

Which lifestyle is more difficult?

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

This has got to be one of the stupidest questions I've seen on DL.

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

It is easier to have a bisexual orientation, because most male bisexuals have fooled around with men in private, then get married to women and never talk about or acknowledge their sexuality is actually fluid (or chose to live as gay men even though they have sexual attraction to women) .

However being a openly bisexual as a male is more difficult than being openly gay. It is easier for straight and gay people to understand someone being gay.

You get a lot of judgmental assholeness from both straight and gay people as an openly bisexual guy, even people who aren't trying to be tend to be grossly ignorant about what being bisexual means.

(Not a bi male, but have a good friend who is openly bi and I've seen what he has gone through)

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

One can change a lifestyle...sexual orientation cannot be changed.

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

Define 'lifestyle' and you'll solve one of the great mysteries of the world.

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

Don't straights think if you're "bi" then you're only "half-bad"- thus, a notch above homos on the totem pole?

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

Bis are always whining about "how hard" they have it, but when you ask for specific instances of discrimination, well, they can't think of any that are bigger than "somebody called me a name!"

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

No, R7, it tends to be as prejudiced as the one-drop miscegenation laws - one "hint" of homosexuality and you are as good as damned in their eyes. The bisexuality doesn't make it better for them - in fact, it makes them even more uncomfortable, because that means they too could fall prey to homo-lust.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

[quote] when you ask for specific instances of discrimination, well, they can't think of any that are bigger than "somebody called me a name

Every bit of homophobia you have experienced I have experienced as well. Particularly as I have had longterm monogamous GAY relationships.

I don't experience prejudice for heterosexuality from straight people, but I have my "own" people - lesbians and gay people - talking smack about me for not denying opposite-sex attraction.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

I feel like this survey was created by a right wing group.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

[quote]have a good friend who is openly bi and I've seen what he has gone through

Could you elaborate? It seems like the only form of "discrimination" that would be unique to bi people would be that other people don't believe them and think they're straight/gay.

And I think most gay people would hesitate before getting serious with a bi person, for fear that at any time the bi person would walk off into the sunset with someone of the opposite sex because it's so much easier and there are so many social advantages that come with heterosexual relationships. This is not some judgment about the morality or potential for monogamy among bi people, just a general acknowledgement of human nature: as people get older and want to settle, most will generally choose something that's easy, comfortable, doesn't make waves, etc.

These hardly qualify as hardship though, especially when talking about the shit that gay people have to go through.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

I have only seen bad reactions from calling yourself bi. Some straights feel you are untrustworthy because you won't "choose". Gay people feel you are untrustworthy because you aren't one of them and can easily bail on them for the easier straight lifestyle. People think being bi means you are a freaky sexually or sexually insatiable. No way you could just be a fairly "normal" person who is sexually attracted to both males and females.

I opt to never tell anyone unless I have to.

by Anonymousreply 1302/18/2013

Well think about what you just said R12. Bi people will be subject to the exact same discrimination by anti-gay people as gay people are, except in addition to that they have gay people who either think they are too cowardly to call themselves gay or are skeptical to date them because they assume they will leave them for a women.

In addition, most women when they find out either assume they are secretly gay, or are not attracted to a man who has a sexual history/attraction to men also.

They end up facing a lot of rejection and discrimination from both genders that is unique to them, plus in the eyes of any bigot they are just another cocksucker.

by Anonymousreply 1402/18/2013

Females who say they're bisexual are often considered and consider themselves 'very sexy ladies'.

Men who are bisexual are more acceptable than gay people. A lot of 'dudes' just 'don't get' how a guy can never fancy a woman and a lot of women hate a men who never fancy them. It just feels strange to them and sort of 'hate them' for it.

But being bi can vary a lot in how it's played out so, in a way, OP's question is a little too general to be answered.

Recently Brandi from the RHOBH brought out a book and said something about bringing girls home and having some sort of sex with them to turn on her husband and it went without much comment. If she'd said her 'sexy actor husband' had brought home boys, the internet would have been set alight. That says a lot, doesn't it? Most bi's are very closeted and for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2013

Fuck the male bisexuals. I love discriminating against those narcissistic sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2013

People who use "lifestyle" to refer to homosexuality usually want us dead or worse, OP. Pick a less loaded word.

by Anonymousreply 1702/18/2013

Today a great many people have no problem with anyone who is straight or gay but treat bi people as if they are either sexually indiscriminate assholes who will fuck anything that moves.

Or else complete phonies who can't accept the fact that they are gay.

That's the reason my answer is bi.

by Anonymousreply 1802/18/2013

It was en vogue or "way kool" to be bisexual for a short time in the 1970s, but most men hate for other men to be open about being bisexual because they want to keep their own same-sex experiences very secret. Most of us queers are exclusively homosexual for whatever reason causes us to be queer, and usually gender non-conformist from early childhood. Most of us have no interest at all in women, and we want it to be just as "gay" or "straight" for everybody. But my lifetime of experience with lots of other men, from all walks of life, informs me that most men are primarily heterosexual, but go through a phase of experimentation with other boys during puberty, and revert to homosexual interest anytime they are deprived of heterosexual activity. When I was young, most women except paid whores were not cocksuckers, and almost all of us men just love to be sucked off. When I was young, I had sex with many more "straight" men than "gay" men. And if I had ever been willing to take it in the asshole, there would have been even more, but of course I would have been dead by 1985.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2013

Who cares, bis are worthless to the gay community, make and female bis. They always take the easy way out and settle down into a nice comfy hetero life.

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2013

It seems like a lot of the anti-bi Kinsey-Six gays posting in this thread have poor grammar and spelling skills - what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2013

[quote]They always take the easy way out and settle down into a nice comfy hetero life.

Except they're always checking out the good looking men in the supermarket and on the street and their wives HATE IT.

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!