Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dear Ariana Huffington,

The Huffington Post SUCKS. Besides your tabloid-quality headlines, technically the site is a piece of shit. How many add-ins, plug-ins, and a host of other elements that need to be loaded onto each page can you possibly have? I have high speed internet, and your pages lately are timing out on me while they're loading! Oh, and your automatic page refresh function, the one that's so annoying when you're trying to scan through the articles? Each time it refreshes you've got your site meter recording another visit even though it's the same people currently on the site. Honey, it doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

That site always makes my computer freeze. I do have an older browser, but what the hell is on there- tracking cookies?

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

THey put about 5 flash items per page. That's what causes it to freeze.

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

I have not visited Huffington Post in years because of the issues with slow page loads, freezing etc. There are tons of sites that offer the same thing they have without all the headache.

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

It works OK for me. I think a lot could be done to make it slicker, though, and friendlier to all devices.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

OP are you the HuffPo troll that always posts crap from there?

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

DL staff posts all the huffpo links

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

What I hate about it:

1. The coy headlines phrased for clickage;

2. The DAILY "look at what Kim Kardashian wore" posting; and

4. The DAILY "wardrobe malfunction" posting.

Either you are a serious site or you are just a trashy place to generate ad clicks.

Choose, hunty!

(I also hate the comments moderator nazis.)

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

Anyone who gives two shits about journalism does not read HuffPo. It's a content factory with poorly rewritten news they pay little (or nothing) for.

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

The people who comment there never say anything interesting. I never click on that place. I only read the comments on the threads here. I've learned a lot from the readers here over the years.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!