Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Travolta presenting at the Oscars

Has enough time passed since Masseurgate that people have forgotten and it won't be distracting?

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

Link here, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

Presenting his hole?

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

WW r2!

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

Agreed R3!

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

His career was unquestionably affected by being gay. After "Urban Cowboy" he would have disappeared if Quentin Tarantino hadn't cast him as a retro-gag in "Pulp Fiction". It lead to a sort of career resurgence for a while. But even marrying and having children didn't erase the stigma.

It must have been the biggest open secret in Hollywood since Rock Hudson.

Oh well, he wisely made a ton of money early on. And he proved that gays can be pilots!

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

Even the cubefraus in my office know he's gay. There's no reason for him to shout it from the mountain top.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

The producers are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this list of presenters. When was the last time he was in a movie? Let alone a GOOD movie?

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

Kind of ballsy on John's part when he knows what everyone is thinking.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

John Travolta had a big hit between 'Urban Cowboy' and Tarantino, r5.

Namely 'Look Who's Talking'. He even starred in the sequel to that.

He's also had hit movies long after the Pulp Fiction hype had abated, e.g. 'Wild Hogs' just a few years ago.

So, his being gay hasn't really impacted his career negatively. He's a mediocre actor, and has gone as far as he could, regardless of his sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

Or just stubborn cluelessness? Like his whole life: the closet; the rumors; the marriage; the hair.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

They announced a fresh batch of presenters today, I think. Travolta, Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek. These fall into the category of once upon a time they were all nominees.

I can understand Neeson for Schindler's List, a classic. He was robbed. I don't even remember why Travolta was nointed,but Salma was nominated for Frida ages ago. I mean ages ago. She's done nothing even close to that and she wasn't all that good in Frida.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

It's not that people will forget, it's that in the Oscar setting, it doesn't matter because no one is going to bring it up, or make an issue of it. It's all controlled, robotic reactions, passed off as genuine politeness. People may think about it to themselves, but they'll smile and applaud for Travolta as they would anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 1302/18/2013

Today is John's 59th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 1402/18/2013

At one time, I really liked Travolta. It's so hard for me to even watch him anymore. Between his sucking the $cientology tit; remaining closeted despite all the bath-house, masseur reports; not getting his son proper medical treatment, etc. I have no respect or love for the man now. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2013

r15, it's not right to judge a man until you've walked in his shoes. Just a friendly reminder.

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2013

[quote] it's not right to judge a man until you've walked in his shoes. Just a friendly reminder.

Between this comment and the prayer for Hugh Jackman in another thread, I think the Fundie Fraus are invading here again.

by Anonymousreply 1702/18/2013

I find his hair to be the most disconcerting thing about him.

60 year old men should shun the shinola.

I don't care about the $cientology, I don't care about the man sex but the hair...unforgivable.

He probably looks in the mirror ans tells himself he looks 20 years younger.

Throw a caftan on her and send her the DataLounge link.

by Anonymousreply 1802/18/2013

[quote]. I don't even remember why Travolta was [nominated]

Saturday Night Fever! Have you never seen that? There's a reason he was a supernova in the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2013

Very openly gay comedy actor/writer Bruce Villanch does a lot of last minute writing for the Oscars. He could have a field day with Travolta.

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2013

Which wig will Travolta wear??? I can't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2013

That's one messy hole I don't want to see "presented"

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!