Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Honk honk ads

That's what I call them. You go on a website, and an ad honks at you to get you to look. Anybody else noticing this lately? I get it on some newspaper/magazine sites. I hate it.

I also hate Youtube's new recommendations. It litters the returns with ideas about stuff you've viewed previously. By the time I'm searching for Susan Boyle falling down I've done with making a great gravy.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 802/18/2013

I don't support Google products with my patronage, and a key reason is for the YouTube annoyance you mention.

I stopped using the Google search engine, and I am not a registered user on YouTube. No GMail, and no G+.

Google is bad to datamine you, and they sell the information they collect about you to other companies.

Fuck Google.

I say to fellow DLers: use Google at your own risk.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 102/18/2013

What do you use as a search engine, R1?

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 202/18/2013

Currently, Bing.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 302/18/2013

I've tried getting myself to use Bing, but I always go back to Google for the maps. And then I forget and just stay there.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 402/18/2013

Have you used Adblock Plus and Flashblock, OP? I don't see or hear ads that honk. The only thing they don't get rid of are those things that slide into the lower east side of my screen (NY Times, Slate, Queerty). Or are those the things you think "honk"?

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 502/18/2013

Google is the devil when it comes to this, but like R2 I find myself locked back on from time to time.. Then I wonder who the hell is spamming me with all kinds of bullshit and I realize its Chrome.

Once on the DL I clicked a link for some kind of handbag someone mentioned in a thread about such bags. I still get ads for that fucking desinger, more than a year later.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 602/18/2013

So, R6, it could be Google's fault I get so many e-mails from design businesses, based on stuff I search for and e-mail about? They all come from gmail, incidentally.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 702/18/2013

Absolutely.

I was shocked when I started getting those desinger ads. Especially since all I did was click on a link through the DL. I didn't even use the search engine.

by Resenting my improved user experiencereply 802/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.