Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you have today off?

Well, do ya?

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

Yes. I'm off, but I woke up early. Will go back to bed shortly and enjoy the day away from the office.

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

Yes, who doesn't, except blue collar people who need to serve us on our day off?

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

My dear, I'm off everyday.

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

I'm working. If I did not work from home, I likely would have taken the day off.

At my firm there are fewer and fewer fixed holidays, eight this year down from 12 fixed holidays at one point. With that, however, come more days to use when one wishes (and more flexible time generally), and, in my case, a lot of vacation and bonus time. For me, it's an annual total of 11-12 weeks, plus 5 sick days.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

yes, but only because I work Wed-Sun

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

No, but I took it off.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

I'm off with Magic Marker and White Out to correct ads in the subway and on buses that place the apostrophe in Presidents' in the wrong place or add one where none exists.

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

R8, this article is for you.

"The real challenge is sorting through the varying punctuation of 'presidents'–it’s enough to make any copy editor dizzy. In 17 states it’s Presidents’ Day (plural possessive), in five states it’s Presidents Day (plural), and in four states it’s President’s Day (singular possessive). Much to the chagrin of copy editors, there is nothing close to national consensus on the pseudo-holiday’s name."

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

Yes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!