Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Singer Mindy McCready Dead From Suicide

Hard life, ex- celebrity rehab person bites the dust.

by Anonymousreply 7302/18/2013

She fine! She sends her love!

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

Are serious? Where did you hear this??

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

R2 on the thread we already have on this

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

The thread doesn't load, you must tell me what happened!

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

I can't get the other thread to load.

More proof that booze and drugs don't do you any favors.

The news report says she killed her dog too. Bitch. Why couldn't she bring him to the pound to give him a fighting chance?

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

The other thread has been deleted but in the meantime:

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

She killed her dog? That is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

she shot her dogs in their faces, then shot herself in her face..poor kids, they are going to miss their dog.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

The other thread died. Thanks Webmaster.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

Agree R6. Wish she brought the dog(s?) to the pound or let them go/run at least. That part sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

Occurring to Wikipedia she has attempted suicide multiple times.

Mindy--Congratulations on your success!

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

You're terrible, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 1302/18/2013

Omg, this is so tragic!

by Anonymousreply 1402/18/2013

I guess things aren't going well for her these days.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2013

So there was speculation that she shot and killed her boyfriend? Anyone know the extent of that rumor?

This is horribly tragic and sad. Can't say I'm surprised. I thought the last time she got into legal trouble that she was living very dangerously.

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2013

Goes to show you that beauty, talent, fame, and money can't make a person happy. She has been in a downward spiral since 2004 and never learned from her mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 1702/18/2013

Wow someone no one ever heard of is dead.

by Anonymousreply 1802/18/2013

As if she hadn't already fucked up her kids enough.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2013

She was the teenage mistress to some baseball player- that fucked her up for good at the age of 15. Always felt sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2013

Why was the other thread deleted? Too nasty?

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2013

Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab is batting 1000.

Let's have a count of his failures and the resulting suicides and overdoses possibly attributed to his need for fame.

I'll make a list of the dead and be back with it.

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

I have no idea who she is. I've never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 2402/18/2013

r22, I posted this in the other thread.

The boating part cracked me the fuck up.

Stanhope is an admitted alcoholic, but he has good points.

by Anonymousreply 2502/18/2013

Glad the authorities took her kids away when they did.

by Anonymousreply 2602/18/2013

Thanks for posting, R25. I didn't see that in the other thread before it was deleted. (Perhaps the webbie is a stepper? I don't know why else that would have been deleted, although everything is arbitrary as fuck around here.)

Dr. Drew is a narcissistic, fame whoring piece of shit. He knows NOTHING about how to actually treat addiction and other mental problems (that much is fucking clear), nor does he care. He's just an asshole who gets off on asserting his alleged superiority to others.

The fact that he's treated as the "celebrity authority" on all addiction related matters is a fucking joke. He has NO scruples or morals. He's Paris Hilton with a PhD and he deserves to be treated as such.

by Anonymousreply 2702/18/2013

R27, that description sounds very similar to Dr. Phil as well! That jerk who is Oprah's creation.

by Anonymousreply 2802/18/2013

I really didn't know much about her outside of what I'd read in here, but I feel really bad for her dog.

by Anonymousreply 2902/18/2013

[quote]I have no idea who she is. I've never heard of her.

She's a country and western singer.

by Anonymousreply 3002/18/2013

I wonder what was on her ipod

by Anonymousreply 3102/18/2013

She made us look good.

by Anonymousreply 3202/18/2013

I remember when Dr. Drew was local in LA and mostly there to keep kids from getting themselves into any deep sex trouble.

Is he still shilling his rehab?

by Anonymousreply 3302/18/2013

Mindy McCready has a history of mental illness

How was she able to purchase a gun with her rap sheet of drug addiction and mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 3402/18/2013

RIP.

Sad. She left two sons; one almost seven years old, the other 10 months. And the father of the 10-month old committed suicide last month and died on the same front porch as Mindy. These kids will have lots of problems.

by Anonymousreply 3502/18/2013

Richard Marx took a shocking jab at Dr. Drew Pinksy in the wake of Mindy McCready’s death Sunday, comparing the TV doctor to suicide doctor Jack Kevorkian, as Mindy’s death marks the fifth casualty from of the 41 famous faces to seek treatment from Pinksy’s VH1 series, Celebrity Rehab.

“Such a drag to hear about Mindy McCready. Her poor children,” the Right Here Waiting singer tweeted Sunday. “I think ‘Dr’ Drew Pinsky should change his name to Kevorkian. Same results.”

Other stars who have died from the Celebrity Rehab cast include Alice in Chains musician Mike Starr and Real World star Joey Kovar, who appeared on the third season with Mindy; and season two stars Jeff Conaway and Rodney King.

Dr. Drew issued the following statement on Sunday: “I am deeply saddened by this awful news. My heart goes out to Mindy’s family and children. She is a lovely woman who will be missed by many.

“Although I have not treated her for few years, I had reached out to her recently upon hearing about the apparent suicide of her boyfriend and father of her younger children. She was devastated. Although she was fearful of stigma and ridicule she agreed with me that she needed to make her health and safety a priority. Unfortunately it seems that Mindy did not sustain her treatment.

“Mental health issues can be life threatening and need to be treated with the same intensity and resources as any other dangerous potentially life threatening medical condition. Treatment is effective. If someone you know is suffering please be sure he or she gets help and maintains treatment.”

by Anonymousreply 3602/18/2013

I feel sorry for the eldest son. Mindy's mother has sole custody and according to family is very toxic to be around (Mindy's mother).

Mindy has tried everything to get him back, but has failed.

Hope that son can get out of that house in one piece when he turns 18.

by Anonymousreply 3702/18/2013

Dr. Drew was on CNN talking about Mindy within minutes (minutes!) of the breaking news that she was dead.

How did her get to the studio so fast? And on a Sunday night as well!

by Anonymousreply 3802/18/2013

Why is this a big deal?

Guys Do It All the Time

by Anonymousreply 3902/18/2013

Mindy showed us what little girls are made of.........

Gun Powder & Lead!

by Anonymousreply 4002/18/2013

[quote]How was she able to purchase a gun with her rap sheet of drug addiction and mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 4102/18/2013

Alcoholism and mental illness sucks. I'm Irish and have lots of alcoholics and bipolars in the family, which has resulted in 4 suicides.

I see it as if she had brain cancer and no one would blame her for that. In general, I wish the stigma would go away so more people would get treatment. Her poor kids will probably have similar battles, since it runs in families.

by Anonymousreply 4202/18/2013

The way mental illness is treated as a joke is deplorable. I feel bad for her and everyone involved in this. A person doesn't do this on a whim - she hit rock bottom and saw no way out. It's very sad and tragic regardless of her "celebrity" status. Be glad that you've never experienced this sort of hopelessness.

by Anonymousreply 4302/18/2013

Dodged that bullet.

by Anonymousreply 4402/18/2013

Then there was that pesky sex tape (nsfw).

by Anonymousreply 4502/18/2013

If only her dog had been armed with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 4602/18/2013

Oh, but we have R43...we have.

We just haven't killed ourselves over it....

yet.

by Anonymousreply 4702/18/2013

I was just thinking what a hot mess she was the other day when I saw one of her umpteenth guest spots on "Celebrity Ghost Story". She was going on about how some encounter she claimed she had with ghosts made her so very spiritual and grounded today.

Just like those other hot messes who show up on that show constantly, Fairuza Balk, Mia Tyler, and Carnie Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 4802/18/2013

I'm next!

by Anonymousreply 4902/18/2013

"Wish she brought the dog(s?) to the pound"

That's quite an understanding of mental illness and suicidal tendencies you have there. Yes, of course, put your suicide on hold to take your dog to the pound. That makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 5002/18/2013

"Well, if it's a slow news week, I've got the cover of 'People' for sure".

by Anonymousreply 5102/18/2013

This article is full of juicy gossip.

by Anonymousreply 5202/18/2013

I'll never forget the family wondered why their mother killed her cat then killed herself. When Sissy Spacek starts to put her head in the oven it occurs to her Mama didn't want to die alone...

How could this woman have access to a gun. My sister has similar problems and received a letter she could not buy a gun...

by Anonymousreply 5302/18/2013

I´m pretty sure Celebrity Rehab has some kind of curse - 4 bodies till now...

by Anonymousreply 5402/18/2013

What was her drug of choice? Dr Drew is ghoulish and gross. Nice tight teeshirts, you douche.

by Anonymousreply 5502/18/2013

R54 is a joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 5602/18/2013

Jerry Buss just died so MM got kicked off the leadin on the local news and off the front page of the LA Times.

by Anonymousreply 5702/18/2013

Thanks Mom!

by Anonymousreply 5802/18/2013

If "She Shot Herself and the Dog (But Not In That Order)" ain't a country song, I don't know what is . . .

by Anonymousreply 5902/18/2013

R48, I just watched an episode over the weekend - Celebrity Ghost Stories - and I thought to myslef all these people must be crazy or have mental issues.

It is quite sad that such a program is on the air, and celebrities seem to flock to it constatntly embarassing themselves

by Anonymousreply 6002/18/2013

The locals on Heber Springs' forum on topix are spilling the dirt on McCready as fast as they can type.

by Anonymousreply 6102/18/2013

Aw, there goes any hope of a Facts of Life reunion.

by Anonymousreply 6202/18/2013

Share please, R61.

by Anonymousreply 6302/18/2013

R50, people who have decided on suicide commonly--but not always--put their affairs in order before killing themselves. Pet owners who are planning to commit suicide often find new homes for their pets in the days before they do the deed. Again, not all suicidal people do this, but many.

by Anonymousreply 6402/18/2013

Topix link

by Anonymousreply 6502/18/2013

I want to hear more about her possible involvement in the death of her boyfriend. The article linked above says the dog was being investigated!

by Anonymousreply 6602/18/2013

Her boyfriend died of a gsw approx. a month ago, after he was supposed to receive 143K dollars. Speculation about McCready's involvement continues after a bizarre interview she gave to TV reporter. Her family had her committed and her children in protective custody last week, yet she was released after 2 days.

by Anonymousreply 6702/18/2013

I voted r46 for Wit and Wisdom

by Anonymousreply 6802/18/2013

[quote] Yes, of course, put your suicide on hold to take your dog to the pound. That makes sense

...more sense than shooting the dog, though.

by Anonymousreply 6902/18/2013

Are you actually trying to make sense of what's going on in the mind of a person seconds before they turn a gun on themselves? Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 7002/18/2013

I didn't see much dirt on that forum. They are all just making her death about themselves; suicide is selfish, et al.

by Anonymousreply 7102/18/2013

[quote]"Wish she brought the dog(s?) to the pound"

[quote]That's quite an understanding of mental illness and suicidal tendencies you have there. Yes, of course, put your suicide on hold to take your dog to the pound. That makes sense.

It's not unusual for someone suicidal to make arrangements before killing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 7202/18/2013

Dr. Drew and VH1 had to know that you can't treat a bunch of addicts without a bunch dying. Wonder what they were thinking. It's like having a show called "America's Top Heroin Addict.". Obviously they aren't all going to be alive in five years.

by Anonymousreply 7302/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.