Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When Your Child Gains 50 lbs. In One Year

My mother just recently reminded me about this. I think I must have been about 11. The school nurse sent home a note saying that I had gained that much weight in one year. I had a lot of emotional issues growing up. Can that make a kid gain 50 lbs. in one year? Could it have been something else? I don't remember what was done for it, believe it or not. I think I was put on another diet -- yes, I was "that" kid. It just sounds like a freaky amount of weight for a kid to be able to gain.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

Barring a major physical malfunction, such a large weight gain is unquestionably the result of emotional issues.

I know that I gained at least 30 lbs or more in the year after I was sexually molested.

Why the hell did your school nurse need to tell your parents that? Were they blind?

by Anonymousreply 102/18/2013

The OP sounds fat.

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

Frau, frau, fanny fo frau frau post.

Take your estrogen stench elsewhere, breeder.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

^One month? How much do they eat?

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

R5, A tremendous amount of calories, genius. When interning for an ED clinic, it was not uncommon for people's medical records to show things like that. For example, they may have weighed 90 pounds at the beginning of the month or end of the last month, then arrived for intake at 160. Maybe it's something you can't comprehend; be glad you can't.

Who cares if it's a fucking frau, R4? It's no more or less stupid a topic than the other personal threads on here.

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

I'm not a frau. I was able to lose weight after my teen years, so I probably didn't have some sort of serious issue like a tumor, but I did have a lot of periods of going up and down in large amounts of weight. I think this is part of the reason why some didn't catch it. I was always at the high-end of an okay weight, right on the cusp of going over the mark into Fatville.

[quote]Why the hell did your school nurse need to tell your parents that? Were they blind?

If you're a small child and then put on 50 lbs., you may not look like a blimp. You can look like your body is taking on a more mature shape. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of weight, which did lead to obesity in high school.

Like I said, I had a lot of emotional issues for a variety of reasons. I also had major stomach issues my entire life. I definitely had a lot of stress. I just find 50 lbs. at that age in that span of time to be remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.