Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has no one told Gwyneth that goop's dreadful?

Surely she has friends.

by Anonymousreply 3810/10/2014

I am sure goop get a lot of traffic just to make fun of her obtuse posts.

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2013

[quote]Surely she has friends.

What an odd assumption.

by Anonymousreply 202/18/2013

I don't think she [italic]has[/italic] friends. Not in the same sense you or I have them.

About twelve years ago some vapid magazine asked her to name her three best friends, and they were all "it" people at the time, and none of them had ever been once photographed doing anything with her--I think one was Stella McCartney, and one was Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, and I forget who the third person was. But it was as if someone had asked her, "Name your three favorite moisturizers." It was all about the brand names.

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

Who will be her new BFF, now that Beyonce's star is fading?

Betcha she tries to pal up with Jennifer Laurence next, who is the hot young thing of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

I don't think Lawrence would have any patience for that bitch. Maybe Ron Howard's secret daughter if she was friendly with anyone and not living a secret double life.

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

She lives in a bubble, OP.

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

At one point Gwyneth was also reported to be Madonna's new BFF. This was in the aughts after Madonna had moved there and was living the manor life.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

r7 - Didn't their friendship break up over that trainer, Tracy Anderson?

I was trying to figure out the exact moment when Gwyneth went off. Sure, she was always an obnoxious princess, but at one time she had some actual ambition as an actor. I never thought she had amazing talent, but she really rolled over and stopped even trying at some point.

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

Goopy was also bffs with Winona Ryder until Goopy found the Shakespeare in love script at Winona's house and volunteered herself for the part. Winona not so crazy about Goopy after that.

I bet Winona would love to tell Gwenyth what she thinks of her ridiculous website, but no ones listening to Winona-the-Klepto these days.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

"Betcha she tries to pal up with Jennifer Laurence next, who is the hot young thing of the moment."

I wouldn't trust her around all the scripts that are sent to me!

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

Her friendship with Winona Ryder seemed really intense, almost like a love affair. I don't think Gwyneth was ever more animated than she was in Winona's company. Whatever happened between them, it certainly broke Gwyneth's heart.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

At the time Ryder and Platrow were dating new golden boys Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, respectively. They couple dated often.

The story goes that Paltrow was over Ryder's place and found the script of SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE lying around. She decided to audition herself without telling Ryder and before Ryder had a chance to audition and got the part. OF course, she later won the Oscar, which may have deepened RYder's resentment.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

The friendship seemed to mean a lot to them - they really should make amends before it's too late. Winona is off the crazy train of celebrity and Gwyneth must want some respite as well. Pride is such a pointless thing.

by Anonymousreply 1302/18/2013

I doubt that Miss Gwenyth will ever lower herself to be friends with the likes of Winona ever again r13. How would it look for Goopy if she were to associate herself with a pill popping, unemployable thief? And I'm not sure Winona would want a bar of Gwenyth either, considering she won an Oscar for the part Winona was being considered for. That friendship is dead in the water.

I wonder what Winona is doing these days, she never even pops up in the gossip rags. Even Lara Flynn Boyle gets more press than she does.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2013

G wrote this, supposedly about Winona, in Goop:

[quote]Back in the day, I had a “frenemy” who, as it turned out, was pretty hell-bent on taking me down. This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry, I was all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous. I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness. There went the high road. So, why does it feel so good to hear something bad about someone you don’t like? Or someone you DO like? Or someone you don’t KNOW? I once asked the editor of a tabloid newspaper why all of the stories about a famous British couple had a negative bent. He said that when the headline was positive, the paper didn’t sell. Why is that? What’s wrong with us? I asked the sages to shed a little light.

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2013

Would you want to be friends with her?

I would be very surprised to find out that she has any real friends in the way you or I would have friends.

She seems to be all about herself and the way she is seen by others. That kind of person is almost impossible to be friends with, they are all surface.

Even her own husband isn't seen in public with her.

by Anonymousreply 1702/18/2013

Gwyneth has always carried herself with the smug self-satisfaction of someone who's never been told "no." If she's an insufferable cunt (which she is), it's the result of the permissive environment in which she exists. Besides, her would-be detractors wouldn't have anything to laugh about if she had enough self-awareness to not do or say the things she does.

by Anonymousreply 1802/18/2013

She's the original of this latest generation that fancies themselves, "Internet cheerleaders, lifestyle coaches, bloggers who up the wow factor, motivational speakers or anyone with an instagram account and bouquet of local flowers." Seriously, she spawned all this. Blame her.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2013

Someone's having a little fun with goopy.

by Anonymousreply 2010/09/2014

Bitch is friendless and toxic.

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2014

Goop is not dreadful. Not even close to dreadful. If you want a true example of dreadful check out Blake Lively's preserve.

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2014

We've tried, believe me, we've tried.

by Anonymousreply 2310/09/2014

Get off DL, Martha!

by Anonymousreply 2410/09/2014

I like her cookbooks

by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2014

She surrounds herself with "yes" friends. She is completely out of touch with reality. Perfect example is when she posted must haves for a wardrobe that totaled almost 300K in clothing.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2014

Just give me a spoon, a pillowcase and five minutes alone with her.

by Anonymousreply 2710/10/2014

She is so full of herself she mockingly laughs at Martha. Gwyneth needs to bow down like the bitch she is. There is only one Martha

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2014

I think it's funny that earlier posters on this thread (from 2013) suggest that Goop should try to be BFF's with JLaw…..who is now dating her ex.

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2014

Robert Sean Leonard and Josh Charles are friends with her.

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2014

[quote]Betcha she tries to pal up with Jennifer Laurence next, who is the hot young thing of the moment.

[quote]Betcha she tries to pal up with Jennifer Laurence next, who is the hot young thing of the moment.

Ha! This post is a scream a year and a half later.

by Anonymousreply 3110/10/2014

Just call BR-549.

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2014

Really, R31? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2014

R33, because in February 2013 Gwyneth was still married to Chris Martin. Then exactly a year later they announced their "conscious uncoupling" and last month it was reported that Chris and J.Law are dating. That's why it's funny. Someone last year was saying Goop should befriend J.Law and a year and a half later J.Law is dating Goop's ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 3410/10/2014

Dear God, R31, you are an idiot. Please READ R29.

by Anonymousreply 3510/10/2014

Jees, R35, what's your damage? SO I skipped your post in my haste to post as soon as I saw what R4 had written.

by Anonymousreply 3610/10/2014

She is good friends with Jessica Seinfeld who is even more annoying than Goop.

by Anonymousreply 3710/10/2014

Serious question - is there anything she could do to appear even MORE clueless and nauseating? Her recent admission she thinks Obama should rule as a KING in our (supposed) democracy was particularly dimwitted and vomitable, but I'm thinking something worse than that, like wearing a fifty thousand dollar Prada hazmat suit or something to Africa.

by Anonymousreply 3810/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!