Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Bar Rescue'

This is a series on Spike TV. Yes, the channel is aimed to str8 men. But this show is interesting. Lots of dumb owners and managers with bars serving grilled and fried foods.

Have other Datalounge posters viewed "Bar Rescue?"

by Anonymousreply 1308/05/2013

No, I have never hear of it, but I guess you men they serve shit like Tater Tots n such?

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2013

I've caught a few episodes but can't handle the guys' screaming all the time.

After seeing the episode about the Pirate bar that went back to being a pirate bar (with the owner being 900k in debt) I did some reading online.... apparently out of 17 or so bars that he's "rescued", only 1 was successful and didn't revert back to its previous practices and/or name.

Plenty of stupid people. One guy reluctantly fired one bartender who stole $1,100 in two days from him. A practice that had probably gone on for 4 years. He later rehired him.

by Anonymousreply 202/17/2013

It's like "Tabitha Takes Over" but instead of an severe Aussie dyke pushing people around, it's a Jersey goomba.

by Anonymousreply 302/17/2013

I have viewed it. It is as scripted as any primetime drama, therefore boring.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

Hate scripted bullshit

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

They need to rescue a gay bar

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

Funny, I was just at a friend's hanging out; he has cable and Spike TV was on.

We half-watched an episode about a bar called Mystique Lounge, where a murder/shooting had taken place. The women's bottle service was sloppy, the nightclub was a skeevy joint, then a promoter's work attracted a thug crowd and there was a big fight outside the bar!

They renovated it with white furniture and showcased the booze, renamed it Aura.

Hehe. It looked better, but it'll probably still draw the skeevy crowd, although they want "classy" patrons.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

Taffer is rescuing Las Vegas gay bar Gipsy! The owner is a drunk mess! Mary!

by Anonymousreply 808/04/2013

I'd like to see a Bar Rescue at Merlotte's.

by Anonymousreply 908/05/2013

My new guilty pleasure. Taffer has the crazy eyes, but he seems to know his stuff. Omg the drunken queen who owned Gipsy. Screaming abuse at his staff and demanding they "put on Janet Jackson". Heehee.

by Anonymousreply 1008/05/2013

I liked it better when they really featured real market research and no just the booze sponsor of the week.

Grand Marnier cocktails aren't going to turn a bar around.

by Anonymousreply 1108/05/2013

[quote]Omg the drunken queen who owned Gipsy. Screaming abuse at his staff and demanding they "put on Janet Jackson".

It's Janbot!

by Anonymousreply 1208/05/2013

I thought this would be about us codependents picking up our fatter friends who are too drunk to drive or on a really bad date.

by Anonymousreply 1308/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!