Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Leaked papers of Pope Benedict show "tales of rivalry and betrayal" and "allegations of corruption and dysfunction"

Leaked Papers of Pope Depict a Broken Vatican

February 17, 2013

An unprecedented leak of Pope Benedict XVI's personal correspondence shows "tales of rivalry and betrayal, and allegations of corruption and systemic dysfunction that infused the inner workings of the Holy See and the eight-year papacy of Benedict XVI," the Washington Post reports.

"The next pope may bring with him an invigorating connection to the Southern Hemisphere, a media magnetism or better leadership skills than the shy and cerebral Benedict. But whoever he may be, the 266th pope will inherit a gerontocracy obsessed with turf and Italian politics, uninterested in basic management practices and hostile to reforms."

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2013

Couldn't happen to a nicer religious hypocritical bureaucracy!

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2013

The article (originally in the WP) is a very interesting read. You think the Pope is "in charge" but he's on the front guy for an incredibly machiavellian bunch. I think the institution is rotten to the core, no matter who the Pope is.

by Anonymousreply 202/17/2013

It sounds like the shadowy men around the Japanese Emperor -- and even around the British Crown.

by Anonymousreply 302/18/2013

...and many of those men are child abusers.

by Anonymousreply 402/18/2013

l

by Anonymousreply 502/18/2013

This sounds like the papacy since... its entire history. If anything, it's probably milder now than any time in the past. Imagine what is was like when the Pope was the most powerful ruler in the Western world.

by Anonymousreply 602/18/2013

Tomorrow is the birthdate of Pope Paul II (February 23, 1417). Exceptionally vain – and not without good reason since he was said to be an attractive man – Paul wanted to take the name "Formosus I," i.e. the Well-Shaped, upon his election.

Paul died suddenly of cardiac arrest on July 26, 1471. Officially, death was said to have been brought on following indigestion. Unofficially, he died while being sodomized by a well-hung page boy.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2013

Who wrote the article, Captain Obvious?

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.