Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which Oscar-nominated film should I see this week?

I have President's Day off so I can see a movie. I still haven't seen Argo, Lincoln, Life of Pi, Amour, Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained or Zero Dark Thirty.

Which do you recommend?

A friend told me Life of Pi is the one film I should definitely see on the big screen. Do you agree?

I've already seen Les Miserables, Beasts of the Southern Wild, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Hitchcock.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2013

I've seen Argo, Lincoln, and SLP (also The Impossible.) Of those, I enjoyed Argo the most.

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2013

I've seen everything but Amour. I liked all of them, but your friend is right-if you are even remotely interested in seeing Life of Pi, make sure you see it on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 202/17/2013

Argo, Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln or Django

by Anonymousreply 302/17/2013

A vote for seeing Les Miz a second time. It gets better with every viewing!

by Anonymousreply 402/17/2013

So you've already seen all the shitty films.

by Anonymousreply 502/17/2013

I can't believe Argo is gonna win best picture. Can you imagine one of the Mission Impossible movies winning best picture? No. And Argo is no better. But it looks like it's going to win.

Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained are all a million times better than that admittedly pleasant movie.

Personally, I'd go see Lincoln, OP. It has a great screenplay and a magnificent performance. And it's Spielberg's best movie in a long time. But SLP is pretty damn fun, I have to admit. And Jennifer Lawrence is as amazing as DDL in Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.