Since 1995

RuPaul, Superstar

aka Starrbooty.

You betta work......

by Anonymousreply 902/17/2013

That guy gives drag a good name!

He deffo knows how to "wurk it."

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2013

I miss Ru's talk show. It was everything that Andy Cohen wants his show to be, except Ru was actually funny and fun and festive.

by Anonymousreply 202/17/2013

I admire him a lot. RuPaul has survived doing something on a national scale that would seemingly have a limited shelf life. I think he's witty and and very inclusive, giving drag queens a place to be visible, achieve things and have fun. And he still looks spectacular in drag!!!

by Anonymousreply 302/17/2013

Very happy for Ru's latest rebound and success. Always liked Ru (and willing to ignore her abortions like 'Starbooty')

by Anonymousreply 402/17/2013

I've always been a fan, but his VH1 talk-show wasn't that great. It was surprisingly unfunny, they must've not had the budget to hire any decent writers, because RuPaul is very funny with good material. But I wish I could see the VH1 Christmas special again, which he did to promote his Christmas album.

I've heard all his albums, and think his music can be pretty good. He's not a great singer, but his personality helps him get over anyway. Of course his main claim to fame is Drag Race, which I love, how could you not. He's recorded a ton of music since Drag Race, 2 albums, each with accompanying remix albums, and EPs for each single release. He'll probably debut his new single at the end of this season of Drag Race, and feature the finalists in the video.

by Anonymousreply 502/17/2013

I think he's hysterically funny in a specifically off-the-wall way. I love him for no other reason than that he appreciates the old [italic]Carol Burnett Show,[/italic] and this skit in particular.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2013

Perhaps RuPaul's longevity is what I should have written about when I was pondering what to do with the working book title, 'Tuck Everlasting'.

by Anonymousreply 702/17/2013

With his Drag Race notoriety (he's now as big of a gay icon as Madonna, Cher, ect, at least within the gay community) I'm surprised he hasn't starred in any drag comedies. Aside from that micro-budgeted Starrbooty thing. He needs to star in a good comedy while he can still look beautiful in drag.

by Anonymousreply 802/17/2013

I always thought that Ru and Vanessa Williams should be in a comedy together. Something where they play siblings.

by Anonymousreply 902/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!