Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tired, sore eyes

Help! My eyes are always tired and sore and it's making me look and feel old. It's been worse than ever lately. Is it eye strain? Dry weather? I do spend a lot of time at a computer or staring at the TV (way more on the computer/phone though). I think I'm using the best eye drops but not sure if they are helping or hurting. Is it a vitamin deficiency? I also feel like I was hit by a truck when I wake up.. is it related? Woe. Is. Me.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013

Get a blog.

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

Hey, OP. It could be many things! A couple of free and easy things to begin with: (i) if you are looking at any screen for an extended period, try to make sure that you blink from time-to-time and (ii) when using a screen, from time-to-time, focus on something at a distance. In relation to using eye drops, I find that what I tend to need as I get older is the artificial tears eye drops (rather than medicated eye drops).

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2013

See a doctor. He is better qualified to diagnois your particular problem. Simple

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

R2 is right and R3 is not wrong, but if a doctor wants to prescribe a drug for dry eye, try hyaluronic acid and/or bilberry.

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

I would go see an ophthalmologist. I went to my optometrist this week for a routine exam and she found something on my iris and referred me to an ophthalmologist. I saw the opthamologist and she said I have an iris nevi, which can potentially turn into melanoma.

I had no clue there was a problem with my eye. Just based on my experience this week, I would encourage you to see a doctor. You just never know what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2013

Thanks, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2013

cucumbers work well

by Anonymousreply 702/17/2013

Except for work shut your computer and electronic devices off for a week. Bet it does the trick.

by Anonymousreply 802/17/2013

[quote] I also feel like I was hit by a truck when I wake up.. is it related?

Do you mean you're worn out when you wake up?

If so, could be sleep apnea. With sleep apnea you stop breathing at intervals during sleep, thus the quality of your rest is for shit. Possibly your eye problems are a manifestation of your lack of restful sleep.

Google it and if it's a possibility, look into getting tested for it.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

I have recently noticed that I have devloped dark circles under both eyes and that there are a few noticeable wrinkles developing under my left eye.

I know the cure would be to cut all the stress out of my life but is there any short term cure.

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2013

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly!

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!