Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Zero Hour

Anybody watch the first episode on Thursday night? It got really bad ratings but it's very enjoyable, albeit cheesy. So far it seems like a breathless mish-mash of The Da Vinci Code/National Treasure/The Boys From Brazil/The Omen/Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

No real eye candy in it yet but Scott Michael Foster is cute in a Scooby Doo sort of way. And there's supposedly a lot of Nazis in it so maybe some of them will be hot. I gather Amy Irving will be coming on it as an evil bitch-that could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 4206/17/2013

Wow, if the deafening silence is any indication this show is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2013

It's opposite IDOL and BBT. It will die quickly.

by Anonymousreply 202/17/2013

This was a great write-up... if the show is even half as entertaining as this write-up, we should all be watching it :-)

[bold]New series Zero Hour is stupid, insane, and massively entertaining[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 302/17/2013

Many thanks for the link, R3.

I think the show is well aware of how insane it is and is unapologetic about it. That's why I hope it might build more of an audience but it might already be too late.

by Anonymousreply 402/17/2013

I liked it but I'm the Angel of Death for shows. I couldn't get into Glee and it's a huge success. Loved Dirty Sexy Money and The River and both flat-lined.

by Anonymousreply 502/17/2013

ABC is repeating it now directly after Revenge. This should have been its time slot, not the dire looking Red Widow.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2013

The first episode was interesting but not compelling. It was nice to see Anthony Andrews employed though. I mean Anthony Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 702/17/2013

i'll watch anthony edwards in anything. can't wait for more nazis. utter nonsense.... but i don't watch idol anyway

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2013

I'll keep watching. This stuff is right up my alley. So, I'll also be watching the Cult.

It was good to see Michael Nyqvist again. It's interesting that Swedish actors are getting more attention since the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Netflix picked up a miniseries about a Swedish crime journalist, Annika Bengtzon. It's pretty good if you like crime dramas.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2013

Man, Anthony Edwards looks old for 50. Talk about loss of jawline definition. Good thing he has acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2013

Nyqvist is fantastic in a film called As It Is In Heaven in which he plays the choir master in a small village.

I'm fairly sure the wife is not as innocent as she seems.

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2013

Well, Kitty, like you, Anthony married well. In his case, he married a makeup artist with a successful cosmetics line.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 1302/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 1402/18/2013

This show gets more and more bizarre but it looks incredible.

by Anonymousreply 1502/21/2013

i'm lost and i can normally follow anything

i don't care. its a fun ride so far

by Anonymousreply 1602/21/2013

Another amusing recap:

[bold]Zero Hour somehow doubles the insanity for its second episode[/bold]

Well, I needn't have worried in last week's review of Zero Hour's pilot episode that the show might run out of its special brand of batshit insanity too soon. As the second episode proves, Zero Hour has crazy to spare, and the crazy is reproducing itself like Tribbles, at a terrifying rate. Tonight's episode "Face" proved the show has the crazy to last all season long, and as a connoisseur of bad, stupid, and poorly made entertainment I feel like Zero Hour is going to be the gift that keeps on giving. Crazily.

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2013

Glad you guys are enjoying it. Looks like week two's ratings are worse. It's a hard business.

by Anonymousreply 1802/22/2013

I enjoyed it, too. It's not high brow TV, but so what? World War II history + conspiracy theory = must-see TV. Let's hope it sticks around long enough to at least solve the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 1902/22/2013

OP, so you think Scooby Doo is "cute?"

by Anonymousreply 2002/22/2013

I do, R20. And I'm not alone thinking that. I gather he amassed more than a few admirers when he was on that series The River.

Thanks for the link, R17. He's a funny guy.

ABC should just promote this as a miniseries and be done with it. They've sunk so much money into it that I doubt they'll yank it.

by Anonymousreply 2102/22/2013

Amy Irving and Grace Gummer make their first appearances on tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 2202/28/2013

Another ABC drama bites the dust.

As with 666 Park Avenue, they say they might show the remaining episodes some time over the summer. But fans shouldn't hold their breath.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

I enjoyed its craptasticity. I'll miss it.

by Anonymousreply 2403/01/2013

I worked on the crew for 5 months. We worked so fucking hard on it in crappy weather, a lot of the shoot consisted of overnights. Good $$$ at least. ABC is now saying that they might show the rest of the episodes during the summer. I think it could do well on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 2503/01/2013

Well, that was fast.

by Anonymousreply 2603/02/2013

Yeah r26, it was. They've only aired 3 episodes.

Sometimes I think they pull shows too quickly. But then again, sometimes when they give shows a chance to increase viewership and don't see any improvements even as the shows get better, I can understand how the networks get trigger happy.

Both Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue had ratings worthy of being shelved early on, but ABC let them run for a while to give them a chance to catch on with people. Both shows actually got better (at least marginally) as the fall season went on, but the ratings either stagnated or got worse.

I think those are the examples that caused the network to pull this similarly weak performer right away.

by Anonymousreply 2703/02/2013

This is why I'm hesitant to try new shows. So long. I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 2803/02/2013

R25, I feel for you.

I often wonder how the people involved feel when something they put so much time and effort in, is so quickly and utterly rejected, most likely to never even see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2013

ABC will air all 13 episodes starting Saturday June 15.

by Anonymousreply 3003/30/2013

Is that last post for real?

I haven't seen anything indicating that ABC has announced for sure their decision to run the series this summer. Doesn't mean they aren't going to do it, I just usually see that kind of thing on one of the entertainment websites at the same time it's posted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3104/26/2013

Apparently R30 is correct. Zero Hour will start June 15 and run though August 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 3204/27/2013

Never question me again.

by Anonymousreply 3304/27/2013

Patsy, since you can see the future, how about something usefu like tomorrow's lotto numbers?

by Anonymousreply 3405/03/2013

2 new episodes will be run on Saturday (June 15th) night.

by Anonymousreply 3506/11/2013

Not new episodes, R35. They're starting at the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 3606/11/2013

I had previously read that they were starting at the beginning too, r36.

But I checked my cable guide (the on-screen version) and it says that the 2 episodes this Saturday are "Chain" (Episode 4) and "Suspension" (Episode 5).

Then the following Saturday (June 22) they list "Weight" (Episode 6). Only 1 episode that week because the guide shows a new episode of 666 Park Avenue (I'll have to add that to the appropriate thread) as being the second show that night.

So either the info on my guide is wrong, or they aren't re-broadcasting the 3 episodes already aired.

by Anonymousreply 3706/11/2013

Oh, OK, R37. Wow, thought they'd start with the pilot. It sounds stupid for them not to do some sort of recap. I was hoping that since it is from the producers of Lost that they would have rerun the first three episodes with pop-up info.

by Anonymousreply 3806/11/2013

So what did everyone think of the two hours tonight? That is one nutty show.

by Anonymousreply 3906/16/2013

This coming Saturday, ABC is burning off the unaired episodes of "Zero Hour" at 8 PM eastern... one episode every week until they're gone.

Just FYI, for those who enjoyed the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4006/17/2013

r40 = on the Late Show.

But thanks for the effort.

by Anonymousreply 4106/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!