Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is the most creative & fun restaurant?

Anywhere on earth. Tell us what is interesting about your choices.

by Anonymousreply 2102/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

My favorite "fun" and "creative" restaurant is Yaffa Cafe in the East Village in NYC. We went there a lot in college and it still has the same funky decor. Gaudy lamps, beaded curtains, textured wallpaper and chintzy paintings. The back porch is really nice in the summer too.

The food is good and not expensive. We don't go as often as we did in college but I still like to take out of town guests there. Its a very East Village restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2013

Rainforest Cafe

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

Chuck E Cheese

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

Thank you R2 for giving a REAL reply!!

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2013

It's been closed for about a year now, but I really think Mars 2112 in Times Square was a great fun restaurant for kids. One of my nephews had a great birthday there a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2013

For a while, all the Avant-garde chefs were turning food into foam. I thought it was supposed to be because they were fun and creative.

Boy, did they enjoy setting me straight!

My vote is for the old Jack in the Box where you placed your order to the big plastic clown.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

Bob & Buster's

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

Dick's Last Resort in San Diego is fun.

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

You don't see them around much (not the talking fish on the wall at Bugaboo Creek does not count as a "fun" restaurant).

There was Sally's Stage with roller skating and a show. There was Dante's Down the Hatch in Atlanta with crocodiles in the moat. Medieval Times of course.

This place still has entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

Back in the 80's, Scoozi in Chicago was a really fun scene - it was a new kind of sort of theater restaurant where you'd go to feel glamorous (for Chicago) and it was a huge hit.

Don't really eat out much anymore, and so I'm not one to make suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

Ninja New York (see link)

by Anonymousreply 1202/16/2013

Is Bob & Busters related to Dave & Busters?

by Anonymousreply 1302/16/2013

Restaurant in Denver called the Casa Bonita,they have a Acapulco setting with a cliff and pool down below. Cute guys in speedos dive off the cliff. Happened one time to have lunch with my mom there, she was sitting with her back to it, I happened to be on the right side of the table to take in the show. I don't think she knew what was going on behind her.

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2013

WEHT Jekyll & Hyde and The Slaughtered Lamb?

by Anonymousreply 1502/16/2013

Lucky Chengs (NYC) is "fun" to take flyover tourists to just to watch their reactions.

by Anonymousreply 1602/16/2013

The Slaughtered Lamb is a terrible tourist trap with disgusting food and rude staff. I went there once and I've never had such a horrible experience at a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 1702/16/2013

The name speaks for itself

by Anonymousreply 1802/16/2013

r14 Casa Bonita from South Park? That's a real place? If you haven't seen that South Park you should, it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1902/16/2013

Zaytinya in Washington DC.

Very creative Mediterranean dishes by Jose Andres. And across the street is the fabulous and free National Portrait Gallery.

by Anonymousreply 2002/16/2013

Jekyll and Hyde on Sixth near 57th closed last year. Seventh Avenue South near Christopher is still open.

by Anonymousreply 2102/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!