Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Paula Baniszweski, participant in 1965 torture murder, outed on Facebook, then fired from job as teacher's aide

This happened in October, but I thought the true-crime trolls would be interested.

by Alice Crimminsreply 802/16/2013

[bold]Baniszewski[/bold]

by Alice Crimminsreply 102/16/2013

Good!

by Alice Crimminsreply 202/16/2013

The news reports say she was suspended. Probably want to see if she lied on her application.

I remember being fascinated by this case decades ago and wondering about the psychology involved. It was clear the kids involved were directed and manipulated by the mother who was supposed to be taking care of Sylvia.

As repulsuve as it was and as awful as she was back then, at some point you have to let the woman work. People who commit crimes in their yoouth - even horrendous crimes - can grow into decent human beings and be remorseful. Having said that I have no idea about this woman and if she can be trusted as a care giver to anyone.

by Alice Crimminsreply 302/16/2013

Well, she DID lie on her original job application. So, whatever you think about rehabilitation, paying a debt to society, a second chance, etc., the lie is grounds for termination. And that was a REALLY BIG LIE.

by Alice Crimminsreply 402/16/2013

Well, there you go. Thanks for the update, R4.

by Alice Crimminsreply 502/16/2013

does anyone know if she kept her child? or gave it up for adoption? the story at link didn't say.

also said that her sister became a school teacher?

by Alice Crimminsreply 602/16/2013

"As repulsuve as it was and as awful as she was back then, at some point you have to let the woman work."

Not around kids. Sorry. She can work in a call center or warehouse stacking boxes or something.

by Alice Crimminsreply 702/16/2013

In an unrelated case, a woman who killed her baby in 2004 by cutting off her arms with a butcher knife during a religious delusion, and who then served time in a state hospital, was fired from Walmart recently after being recognized.

by Alice Crimminsreply 802/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.