Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How long does it take for a new web site to show up on search engines?

....and is there a way to make the crawlers stimulated?

A friend has a new business and right now it does not come up in searches, but the site is only 24 hours old.

I know that web crawlers find things but no idea how long it takes or how to re-assure him.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

You have to tip the maitre d (Google).

Seriously, there are people who do search engine optimization (SEO). It's more complicated than it looks.

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

Seriously...you have to pay google?

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2013

Yes, R2.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

It doesn't cost too much.

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

Here, OP:

If your "Friend" is selling a product, he'll also send promotion materials and samples to appropriate consumer blogs.

He'll also create twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin pages that shill his site.

It requires a lot of time and effort. That's why people pay people to handle all this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2013

Anyone who designs a website should know this.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2013

Of course you pay search engines like Google and Yahoo for your site to show up as one of the first links when certain words (tags?) are typed in the search field. Otherwise your link/site might end up on the fourth or fifth page (because the sites before you did pay or are a better match somehow).

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

Paying for SEO is a scam.

Your friend should get his biz on social media as R5 said--Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

I'd tell him to do Google+ first even through nobody uses it, Google seems to give preference to their service. Once on Google+ he should start posting about his business on there and adding a link to his website with the posts.

I work for a social media marketing company and also help a friend on the side. I did this all for the friend and within a couple of weeks he was showing up on the first page of Google for many of the search terms that best describe his business. He was paying Google about 2K a month for advertising prior to this.

Depending on his business, he also might want to start a blog.

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

Can I pay someone to stimulate my crawlers?

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

Thanks R8, I forwarded your suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.