Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fleetwood Mac without Christine McVie?

How can they have a tour without her? Is it me or does Lindsey Buckingham look like a tangertine tinted buffoon?

by Anonymousreply 3811/24/2014

Stevie Nicks is a goddess! Bu they need CMcVie for that Songbird tune nobody sings it like her

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

Fie!

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2013

Fuck news? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

Mac fans might get their wish for a full reunion this year after all...

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

I was the artistic essence of that particular band.

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2013

What kind of idiot links to Fox News?

Stop giving them hits.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2013

Christine was the bomb. Should have been a bigger solo act than she was.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

I'm pretty sure they've toured without her in the past, so why not?

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

Is Stevie really a witch?

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

R8, she left the band 15 years ago. They have done multiple tours without her as well as a studio album.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

Christine never really added anything to the band anyway. FM was primarily a vehicle for showcasing Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham's talents.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

R11, you should listen to FM pre-Nicks and Buckingham. They were major players in the scene, and had many wonderful, creative songs. Much more experimental and interesting than they were after Nicks took over.

by Anonymousreply 1302/17/2013

Christine McVie is 70 years old now, has a pile of money and a big fabulous house, and probably just doesn't see the point of going out on a grueling tour and dealing with Stevie and Lindsay's endless bickering at this stage in her life.

by Anonymousreply 1402/17/2013

Why in the fuck is the OP linking anything to a faux news site?

by Anonymousreply 1502/17/2013

[quote]What kind of idiot links to Fox News?

That was my first thought too!

[quote]Christine never really added anything to the band anyway.

You couldn't be more wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1602/17/2013

First 45 single I ever bought: Over My Head. Thought it was sung by a dude named Fleetwood Mac. Found out different. Still love listening to Christine McVie.

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2013

Christine was the real thing. So talented!

Stevie Nicks was a shouty-voiced, careening drama queen whose looks blinded everyone to her meager accomplishments. I can't stand "her" songs (worked up by Lindsey) or her blaring pipes.

by Anonymousreply 1802/17/2013

so agree. Stevie is nothing but show, and a lucky mediocrity. Christine has the real talent.

by Anonymousreply 1902/17/2013

I bought tickets to the Fleetwood Mac concert later this year. I didn't get them to see Christine McVie. You people bashing Stevie obviously prefer the mellow saccharine music of McVie. Had she been with in the tour, I would have thought twice before seeing them, Lindsey and Stevie were the ones that made Rumours the big success it was. The only decent song McVie contributed was "Songbird."

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2013

Eso es como Hall y avena sin John Hall.

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2013

Did the maid just say something?

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

Will Stevie Nicks sign shawls you mail to her?

by Anonymousreply 2302/18/2013

r11 christine had the most hits and wrote every one of them.

Over My head Say you love me You make loving fun Don't Stop Hold Me Little LIes Everywhere

by Anonymousreply 2504/09/2013

Can't find the other Fleetwood Mac thread. The gossip on the last page stared to get good. Anymore recent news?

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2013

The shawl was to catch any cocaine before it hit the floor.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

Fleetwood Mac without Christine McVie would be like Charlie's Angels without Shelley Hack...The Brady Bunch without Cousin Oliver...Van Halen without Sammy Hagar...

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013

At least she was being thoughtful r27.

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2013

"Sugar Daddy" is one of my fave Christine songs. I agree Stevie's overrated, she'd be nowhere without Lindsey - and she probably sounds like shit now.

by Anonymousreply 3004/19/2013

And then Christine joined the band for a couple of nights in London, for just one song, late last month.

How did I miss this? Apologies if it was posted on another thread; did my best with the search function...

The best of the several youtube clips floating around:

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2013

So...Christine's back for the fall tour? No such thing as a dead Mac thread.

by Anonymousreply 3205/27/2014

Lindsay brought the rigorous artistry, Stevie brought the mystique, and Christine brought the optimism, warmth and faith.

by Anonymousreply 3305/27/2014

I thought they were going on a big tour and that McVie was back in the band again. And what about John McVie? He had (has?) cancer. How is he doing? At any rate, I wish they'd all just retire. They're dinosaurs. But I doubt Stevie Nicks ever will. She's like Madonna; she's in love with herself and can't stand not being in the limelight. She'll be twirling around in her shawls and platform boots and singing "Rhiannon" when she's eighty. I wonder how croaky her voice will sound like then? No matter. Her fans will love it.

by Anonymousreply 3405/27/2014

If you're only a rock star (eg Madonna), quit. If you're great musicians, play on. Love old blues, jazz, Sinatra, Basie...bop til you drop, it's your job! Stars need not apply, musicians only. Unlike the boring Eagles thread which included the 'news' that they wrote one song in 28 years, FM kept writing, individually and group and all the albums are pretty good to great--as are the Lindsey's solo works.

by Anonymousreply 3505/27/2014

R34, I have no idea how you can answer any of those questions.

by Anonymousreply 3605/28/2014

Mick Fleetwood seems like a real dick as well. He wanted for Stevie and Christine to meet to make sure they got along (no cat fight) but he hooked up with Stevie's best friend. Major old douche fart. He was just a drummer who contributed zero songs for the group.

by Anonymousreply 3711/24/2014

They're getting good reviews on their tour now. I saw them w/o Christine before and there were a lot of hits they skipped because she sang lead on them. It's much better with all of them together, plus her backing vocals are good. Her voice is not as strong as her heyday, but it's still strong. Having Christine there as another recognizable star band member (instead of one of the shrouded touring musicians who are also on the state) allows Lindsay Buckingham to concentrate on shredding the hell out of the guitar more. And he does that well.

by Anonymousreply 3811/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.