Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why don't they ever rerun The Day After or Testament anymore?

Remember those nuclear disaster movies from the eighties?

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013

I remember THE DAY AFTER being on Syfy in the past three years or so. I think it might be on Netflix. I know TESTAMENT was at one time.

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

The Day After was the drama-queeny approach.

Testament was quiet, and devastating.

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2013

Threads (BBC movie) was so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

What was the name of the TV-movie that was made to look like a newscast (it was shot on videotape, not film)? It was first broadcast around the same time as The Day After?

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

Special Bulletin

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2013

There was an interesting thread on the movie "Testament" on DL a while ago:

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2013

Because they were alarmist, chicken little fantasies about the effects of a nuclear bomb. The asteroid that hit Russia a few days ago supposedly struck with the force of 40 Hiroshimas and yet all that happened was some glass shattering. Shouldn't all of Russia have been obliterated? Makes one think that perhaps we all have been misled for the last 60 years about the real power and destructive power of these bombs. Just politics as always.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

If you don't know why the meteor didn't cause the same type of damage as a NUCLEAR blast, R7, you're several kinds of stupid and obviously a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

[quote] The asteroid that hit Russia a few days ago supposedly struck with the force of 40 Hiroshimas

But without, you know, the RADIATION.

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

[quote]The asteroid that hit Russia a few days ago supposedly struck with the force of 40 Hiroshimas and yet all that happened was some glass shattering. Shouldn't all of Russia have been obliterated?

Uh, dear...you do realize that the meteor exploded at between 30 and 50km above the Earth, right? Quite some distance away yet the shockwave STILL shattered windows and collapsed walls!

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

because the cold war is over.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.