Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is it about America's Office of Vice President that attracts thugs, lowlifes and posers?

I love Joe Biden but just look at some of his predecessors as well as aspirants to the office:

Dick Cheney was evil. Sarah Palin was a moronic fraud powered by hunger for fame. John Edwards was a shameless adulterer and liar. Joe Lieberman was a pious publicity hound and foreign policy sellout. Then there was Dan Quayle, Spiro Agnew, and of course Richard Nixon.

Maybe it's that the word "vice" is in the title. They should call it the office of deputy president.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2013

"Attracts" them? Well, maybe because they're politicians and if they're offered the chance to be VP they see it as a stepping stone to the presidency?

Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

OP, let's not leave wannabe VP Paul Ryan off the list of frauds and poseurs.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

They're all whores, darlin'.

I agree, Joe is good. I guess he's a whore with a heart of gold.

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

Because they're chosen less for what they can do in office than who they pull in on election day.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2013

I think Joe is crazy like a fox, in a good way. My impression of him, overall, is that somehow despite years in Washington, he is a fundamentally decent guy. And he obviously marches to his own drum. Fortunately it's not a crazyass one like Cheney or Palin marches to.

by Anonymousreply 702/17/2013

These people don't go through the scrutiny of a campaign (until rubber stamped a couple of months before the general election). I was no fan of Al Gore myself at the time; he looks a lot better in hindsight.

by Anonymousreply 802/17/2013

OP, plese explain the thuggery and lowlife connections of Vice Presidents Thomas Jefferson, Harry Truman, Chester A. Arthur, Calvin Coolidge, Millard Fillmore, John Tyler, Theodore Roosevelt, Martin Van Buren, and John Adams.

What is is about DL that attracts people who display their ignorance by starting stupid threads?

by Anonymousreply 902/17/2013

Nixon always said Agnew was better than a bullet proof vest. As the popular King Charles II said to his brother and heir, the future James II, who was widely disliked, "No one is going to kill me to put you on the throne!"

by Anonymousreply 1002/17/2013

Come back, OP. Tell us about thuggery of Calvin Coolidge.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013

What is OP's opinion of Alben Barkley, John Nance Garner, and John C. Calhoun?

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Why doesn't OP follow up with more info?

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013

Good observation, OP

I like this thread.

Who will the Rethugs nominate in the No. 2 slot in 2016? Maybe Iowa's Steve King. Georgia's Paul Broun. Florida's Rick Scott.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!