Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mice at Magnolia

And you thought those cupcakes had chocolate sprinkles.

by Anonymousreply 2402/19/2013

The best line:

"I can’t believe I came all the way from Pittsburgh for a rat-cake!"

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2013

No one in the neighborhood would by their bland white flour cupcakes with heavily-sugared icing.

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2013

This is a positive for the city and its tourists. Those shitty (literally?) cupcakes were teaching people all the wrong things about what to expect from baked goods.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2013

I know Las Vegas and New Orleans suffers from infestations, but does NYC also endure invasions from bridal parties?

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2013

I just don't get that place. I hate their cupcakes: Dry and tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2013

This isn't news. I've seen mice running around there since they opened.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2013

From what I've heard a majority of all NYC food establishments (high end on down) are filthy hell holes behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

R1, that sounds like a line from a John Waters movie.

by Anonymousreply 802/17/2013

I don't like the idea of a Yankee bakery co-opting the name "magnolia" for their business name.

It ain't fittin'.

They should have called it something local "Colonial Knickerbocker Bakery" or some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 902/17/2013

Get ready to stand in line.

by Anonymousreply 1002/17/2013

When I walk past, the only people I see buying their cupcakes are tourists.

by Anonymousreply 1102/17/2013

Locals say "the bus is in."

by Anonymousreply 1202/17/2013

My father put a pesticide named chlordane in our basement and it was still killing mice 50 years later.

by Anonymousreply 1302/17/2013

I once saw so many rats at the MARTA station in Decatur I thought they were going to jump up and bite my new nylons. I've never been to Decatur since!

by Anonymousreply 1402/17/2013

Remember that rat infestation at a Manhattan KFC a few years ago? Those were some the most happy-go-lucky street rats I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 1502/17/2013

I had classes down at Hunter College's science building on 25th and First years ago. One night, an oil slick appeared. It was gushing out from under some broken concrete in a little side "yard." As I was trying to figure out how oil was pouring out of the ground in Manhattan, it turned into two, then three oil slicks. Then one of the oil slicks hit the street and I could make out that it wasn't liquid. It was ... rats. Endless rats. I'd never seen so many rats and hope I never see so many again.

You would not believe how many rats there have to be living under the streets of Manhattan. It has to be in the trillions. I swore there were at least a thousand rats pouring out of that one hole in the ground. And all different sizes. I thought maybe some were mice but they weren't, they were "toddler" rats.

Think of how many you've seen in the subway, in Central Park. I've seen rats gamboling on Fifth Ave in the dead if night, coming out of the park.

Trillions. Got to be.

by Anonymousreply 1602/17/2013

Magnolia cupcakes are hideous. Sprinkles is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2013

Thank you for that hideous image R15.

I remember seeing a movie at Cinema Village and there were mice running all over the place. Ironically, the movie was "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (if only)

There were these three butch (looking) guys up front that kept shrieking. I can't remember if they left or hung in there.

by Anonymousreply 1802/17/2013

Why would you stand in line for a cupcake that you could get at the Kroger for 59¢?

by Anonymousreply 1902/17/2013

You can thank Sex and the City for Magnolia being a hit. Like every other tasteless trend Manhattan has had to endure the last ten years.

Sandra Bernhard was right. The show changed the city and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 2002/17/2013

I'm the Samantha of my clique.

by Anonymousreply 2102/17/2013

Really, r21? I'm the Carrie! I make stupid puns and no one knows how I afford my spectacular wardrobe that cannot hide my homeliness.

by Anonymousreply 2202/17/2013

R9 = Mother Burnside

by Anonymousreply 2302/17/2013

You could never sell New York City to me. I'm sure it's a fine city and those of you who live there must love it, but there's nothing appealing about it to me.

Too many people crammed into such a tiny island. Bedbugs and mice. Bleh.

by Anonymousreply 2402/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.