Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Bob Newhart Show

Any backstage gossip?

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

Marcia Wallace got put in the bin for a while.

Debbie filled in for and always called Bob, Dr. Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

"Our American Cousin" - any backstage gossip about John Wilkes Booth? Hot to death - some of you must have known him.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

"The Texaco Star Theater" - any backstage gossip?

I mean, other than the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

Based on the commentaries on the DVD, Peter Boranz (Jerry) was difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

No gossip. They all loved one another and stayed friends.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

In the opening credits, the guy walking isn't Bob. He was sick (or his kid was sick) and an actor studied Bob's walk and the far shots are him. R4, I started a Peter Bonerz thread a few months ago and it went exactly nowhere. More. Please.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2013

From what I've heard, they all got along really well and remained friends after the show ended. Everybody loved Marcia Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

Suzanne Pleshette, before she died of cancer and the internet was just getting started, use to get really drunk and wail on AOL on all of the gay sites (when I was in Houston).

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

o.k. R8, and?????

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

R6 - According to what Bob and others said in commentaries, Peter wasn't the most laid back guy and could get testy. They did say that he started studying directors while playing Jerry, and eventually directed a few Bob Newhart shows.

Bob and the cast seemed to adore Suzanne.

You're right about the extra playing walking Bob in some of the far shots. The theme song of the show was called Home to Emily.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!