Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Working with little kids: How do you get them to like them?

My next job involves me taking care of little kids like under 12. I've never been good with people and do not do well with kids, either.

I know for a fact you have to be good-looking to be liked by them. So, any tips on how to manage and cooperate with little kids.

by Anonymousreply 3302/16/2013

Get a face lift, nose job, Botox, hair plugs, cheek sculpting, eye redo and a neck tuck

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

Did Rumpy get a VPN?

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

I don't know what exactly your job is, but here's a tip:

Always have order. When you want a group of children to do something, line up, pay attention, etc. use the phrase "I seen X is listening to my directions, thank you X. You're doing a great job." or " Thank you X for lining up so quickly. That's wonderful." The others will hear that and get with the program. It should work every time.

Oh, and lots and lots of stickers to reward good behavior. Good luck. Well behaved children are actually a lot of fun to work with.

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

Coat hangers help. Wire ones

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

Why are you being entrusted with children when you "don't do well" with them? WTF is wrong here?

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

You have to like them. It's as simple as that. I for one wouldn't work with children. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

I'm highly allergic to shellfish. Any tips for working on a shrimp boat?

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

Grumpy is back!

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

Don't let them get bored. That's when they act out and cause trouble. Have a wide variety of age-appropriate activities planned or readily available.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

Do you have a good sense of humor op? Kids pick up on that. Most love old corny jokes (clean) if their told the right way " a horse walks into McDonalds and the guy behind the counter says 'hey buddy why the long face"

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

Sense of humor, being nice, if they are a bit older not talking down to them, being sincere - all the things you would want

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2013

I remember in high school we had this thing where we had to go out into the community and do good works. We called it Apostolic Frolic.

I got a local elementary school. I wanted to kill the kids. Seriously annoying little fucks.

So I asked for a different assignment. I got sent over the Diocesan Library. I'd just go, sign and and take off for the day, just claim I was re-organizing books when they didn't see me. Worked like a charm.

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2013

Lots and lots of Benadryl

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

I've worked with little kids for many years and they love me. Im NOT at all good looking. However, i am kind and structured. Little kids love rules and consistancy, but its also fun to break the rules and be naughty sometimes. Even though u r the adult, you cant forget how kids think. Also, kids love when u smell good. They may remind you when u dont.

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2013

Some of this advice may be find, but the spelling & grammar doesn't set a good example for schoolkids:

[quote]... use the phrase "I seen X is listening to my directions, thank you X. You're doing a great job."

[quote]Most love old corny jokes (clean) if their told the right way

[quote]Im NOT at all good looking. However, i am kind and structured. Little kids love rules and consistancy, but its also fun to break the rules and be naughty sometimes. Even though u r the adult, you cant forget how kids think. Also, kids love when u smell good. They may remind you when u dont.

Do as I say, kids, not as I write!

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2013

Ok. U r an asshole. Fat fingers on a small phone make errors. Whats ur fucking point anyway? Are little kids reading this? Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2013

R16, the answer is spelled P R O O F R E A D I N G.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013

Op, one word:

RITALIN

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2013

[quote] So, any tips on how to manage and cooperate with little kids.

If they start to misbehave, pinch them. But make sure no else is watching you.

If that doesn't work tell them you will kidnap their pet and they'll never see it again. Is that what they want to happen? Cause that's what's going to happen if they keep misbehaving

If that doesn't work tell them they will never see their mommy again.

And of course be careful that no one hears you. Some will jump to all kinds of crazy conclusions. They won't understand you are teaching these children how to behave

by Anonymousreply 1902/16/2013

r15 OK find!

by Anonymousreply 2002/16/2013

Not Benadryl. It reduces your immunity and those little brats are filled with disease.

by Anonymousreply 2102/16/2013

If the children act out, simply drop my name and watch them tremble.

by Anonymousreply 2202/16/2013

Two words: Jesus Juice!

by Anonymousreply 2302/16/2013

You have to beat them into liking you!

by Anonymousreply 2402/16/2013

[quote] Not Benadryl. It reduces your immunity and those little brats are filled with disease.

The Benadryl isn't for the OP. It's for the children. It's for OP to give to the kids. it knocks them out. All kids behave while their knocked out on drugs. Problems solved

by Anonymousreply 2502/16/2013

[quote]Also, kids love when u smell good.

90% right there.

by Anonymousreply 2602/16/2013

Read "Good Morning Miss Dove" by Frances Gray Patton, a too-often overlooked mid-century Southern writer.

Another book, "Up The Down Staircase," which came out in the early 60s, shows the other side of teaching -- this time in a NYC City High School.

They made films of both books, and they were pleasant, but the books rock.

by Anonymousreply 2702/16/2013

Wrestling sessions with tickling, followed by massages. Works wonders, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 2802/16/2013

Or meth

by Anonymousreply 2902/16/2013

"I seen X is listening"

First, speak correct English.

by Anonymousreply 3002/16/2013

Please forgive me dearies..I seem to have added the letter n to the word see, and this irresponsible act is unforgivable here at the lounge.

Oh, and to the bright light who is R30, when we post a reply are we speaking? And this whole time, I thought I was writing. And shouldn't we speak English correctly, not speak correct English?

by Anonymousreply 3102/16/2013

Are you new to the internet, sweetie, R31? How about life itself? re you not aware that many, including most of the people who work at my company say, "I seen it" instead of "I have seen it," I saw it."

by Anonymousreply 3202/16/2013

Well then I guess if "most of the people who work" at your company say "seen it" then I must have meant it that way, and did not in an absent mind add an n.

Thanks for clearing that up.

by Anonymousreply 3302/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.