Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kyle Chandler returning to television as a sexy Cardinal

Kyle Chandler cast in Showtime's 'Vatican'

by James Hibberd

Kyle Chandler has picked his next project: Showtime's pilot The Vatican.

The Friday Night Lights and Zero Dark Thirty Emmy winner has been one of the most sought-after actors this TV pilot season. Chandler will play Cardinal Thomas Duffy, "the charismatic yet enigmatic Archbishop of New York, whose progressive leanings excite some and alarm others within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church."

Also joining the cast: Matthew Goode (A Single Man) as the Pope's closest confidante and Sebastian Koch (A Good Day to Die Hard) as a cardinal who is informally known as the "dark prince of the Curia" for his proven abilities to ruthlessly wield power within the Church hierarchy.

The Vatican has sparked some early controversy for seeking to provocatively dramatize the Catholic Church. The official description: The Vatican will "explore the relationships and rivalries as well as the mysteries and miracles behind one of the world's most hidden institutions ... provocative contemporary genre thriller about spirituality, power and politics – set against the modern-day political machinations within the Catholic Church."

The script is from Paul Attanasio (House M.D.) with cinema legend Ridley Scott directing the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 1202/17/2013

I've been a Chandler fan since "Homefront," but this seems like a very strange role to take on.

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

Beautiful man. My TV husband.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

Who'll be playing his bf?

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

[quote] Who'll be playing his bf?

They are auditioning various child actors as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

LMAO @ r4!

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

I like Kyle Chandler, but this show sounds like a turd.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

Chandler needs to do a movie or project where he's paired up with my new crush James Wolk as father/son or something.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

He's a dead ringer for one of my parish's extremely popular priests when I was a child. He was on the fast-track to being the archbishop of a major metropolitan archdiocese until he was caught having an affair with... a woman.

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

Love him. Love love love love him. Will watch him in anything.

I love Connie too, but not enough to keep watching "Nashville" (unless Deacon shows his NIPS or FEETS).

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

I just want to hear him whisper "I'm naked underneath this cassock..."

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

Any shirtless pics of Kyle? I don't think I've ever seen any.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

More excited about Mathew Goode. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 1202/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.