Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How much weirdness can you tolerate in a partner?

Just met a really nice guy and on my first visit to his home I noticed he has a CEMENT garden ornament on his bed, a sleeping deer.

Can such an inauspicious beginning ever lead to anything other than heartbreak?

by wish i were lyingreply 2302/16/2013

I once dated a guy who collected dolls. He had THOUSANDS of them. Everywhere. They were watching me and I never went back. It was very creepy.

by wish i were lyingreply 102/15/2013

i personally wouldn't let garden ornament bambi stand in the way of me and my true love. i would push her cement ass right on out the bed. this is your man now. in the end, we all have our own individual idiosyncrazies no matter how mild or exaggerated they may be. if he's truly a great guy, just roll with it and see where the cards may fall.

by wish i were lyingreply 202/15/2013

R1, did he kiss the doll.

I dated a guy who collected comic books and comic book character figures and other memorabilia. Creepy. I figured he used to be fat.

by wish i were lyingreply 302/16/2013

Creepy. How many bodies are in this guy's crawl space?

by wish i were lyingreply 402/16/2013

He also claims to be the reincarnated Prince Ludwig 1st, of Bavaria.

But he's sweet and rich, so I might be able to tolerate the cement ornament.

by wish i were lyingreply 502/16/2013

OP, that is bizarre

by wish i were lyingreply 602/16/2013

Oh, deer!

by wish i were lyingreply 702/16/2013

That depends, does he consider this thing to be a serious decorative piece or is he one of those irreverent, kitschy types when it comes to decor?

by wish i were lyingreply 802/16/2013

A lethal weapon hiding in plain sight. Run, Forest! Run!

by wish i were lyingreply 902/16/2013

I like weird guys.

by wish i were lyingreply 1002/16/2013

OP, is your boyfriend an ironic hipster?

There was a recent NY Times HOME section article about a hipster couple in Brooklyn, they had a large taxidermied rabbit on one of their night stands, now that's creepy.

by wish i were lyingreply 1102/16/2013

OP, I once had a sort of date with someone who seemed a little odd to begin with...then we stopped at his place (between a matinee at the theatre and dinner). The entire place, every passage in the place, was lined floor to ceiling with old issues of The New York Times dating back over 30 years. (He was much older than me.)

Aside from being an awful fire hazard, I asked him why he was saving them, for what purpose? He said he hoped one day to catch up reading them.

Yes, it was a real Silence of the Lambs moment.

by wish i were lyingreply 1202/16/2013

I dated a girl who always wore khaki Dockers and white shirts. Never varied.

by wish i were lyingreply 1302/16/2013

R5, is that the same King Ludwig mentioned in Sondheim's PASSION?

by wish i were lyingreply 1402/16/2013

Taxidermy and comic books are weird deal-breakers? Christ you people are boring.

by wish i were lyingreply 1502/16/2013

I dated a guy who only ate grilled cheese, cheese pizza, and fries and only drank Coke. We'd go to fancy restaurants and he'd order fries. We'd go to TGIFriday's and he'd argue with the waitress about whether they could bring him a grilled cheese sandwich or not.

It wasn't a junk food thing, either, because he wouldn't eat burgers or spaghetti or macaroni and cheese or sandwiches or other food you'd expect him to like. Just grilled cheese on white bread, cheese pizza, and fries. I put up with it for three months, but I woke up one day and realized I couldn't take it anymore.

by wish i were lyingreply 1602/16/2013

Dated someone who couldn't eat anything with sugar, wheat or corn products...for about 5 minutes.

by wish i were lyingreply 1702/16/2013

R3,a nerd/fanboy like thousands of them in this world.And don`t you remember `All over the guy``s Eli and his obsessions with `Planet of the apes` and `The X files`?

by wish i were lyingreply 1802/16/2013

"Taxidermy and comic books are weird deal-breakers?"

Comic books I could take. I'm a nerd myself. However, he had the four walls of each room covered with action figures, poster and comic books as well as underoos, bathroom mats, shower curtains, towels, etc. with comic book themes. He also had a Cher obsession.

by wish i were lyingreply 1902/16/2013

I would think the Cher obsession would be seen as a HUGE PLUS by most homos?

by wish i were lyingreply 2002/16/2013

Maybe those are the ashes of a loved one formed into a sculpture.

by wish i were lyingreply 2102/16/2013

Went on a date once with a guy and we went back to his place. The entire apartment was fucking adorned with M&M stuff. I mean THEE entire apartment. It was odd and creepy.

Then he wanted me to tuck him into bed. Needless to say there was NOT a second date.

by wish i were lyingreply 2202/16/2013

My bf broke up with my ass bc i knew that the copa was the hottest spot north of havana. Really.

by wish i were lyingreply 2302/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.