Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How can you tell if someone's personal anecdote is a lie?

A woman at my workplace said that she laughed at a friend who got publicly rejected by the woman of his dreams because he was crying when she rejected him.

I keep having this sneaking suspicion that this never happened. Why would anyone laugh at a person in front of them when they've just been rejected? It's just not done.

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2013

Usually if a story makes no sense, its not true. At least that has been my experience. Whether her story is true or not, the fact that she would say something like this tells me she is a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

I work with a woman who doesn't necessarily lie, but a lot of her stories are embellishments. One day she yammered on to me about going to NYC every Christmas when in fact she'd been to NYC once. It was a pointless story, but I could tell it was a clear exaggeration.

I think people tell these tales to impress people, brag, etc but it just ends up making them look like fools.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

I don't know what you're talking about, OP.

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

Are we sure Grumpy isn't back?

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

You spend time worrying about this OP?

You're a loser.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

Why do you care, OP?

Have you no life at all that you have to rush here and post every tedious office encounter you have?

The mundanity of your existence is stifling.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

Once, there was this lady? And she was like telling a story? And I wasn't sure if I believed it.

What do you think?

Was she lying? I think if I'm not sure she's like telling the truth, maybe I should trust my instincts

But I don't know....

There this guy at work who coughs a lot. I think maybe he smokes.

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

There's a man at work and I think he talks to himself very softly.

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

When their lips are moving.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

in all likelihood it probably did happen. there are complete assholes and jerks in the world. and alot of them have jobs. i know this from experience.

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2013

[quote]there are complete assholes and jerks in the world. and alot of them have jobs.

Yes. The OP seems to be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2013

New here, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

Failed Faux Naive troll post.

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!