Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Um, should prisoner's have internet access?

They're, like, CRIMINALS.

But join the conversation- at your own risk!

by Squeakyreply 1802/18/2013

Suddenly every frau on christianmingle.com would lose all of their online matches.

by Squeakyreply 102/15/2013

Mmmmmmm -- just snail mail.

by Squeakyreply 302/18/2013

This thread stinks...of Mama's mussy.

by Squeakyreply 402/18/2013

prisoner's what? cats?

by Squeakyreply 502/18/2013

Absolutely not. Prisoners would have 24 hours a day to think up internet scams. They would contact their victims. They would run their drug enterprises from prison. A complete parade of horribles.

by Squeakyreply 602/18/2013

Genius @R2, the OP used an apostrophe but just in the wrong place. (OP, it should've gone after the "s" and not before)

Might want to brush up on your grammar cunt skills. Shoo yourself, cunt.

by Squeakyreply 702/18/2013

There is no cause for an apostrophe in the op.

by Squeakyreply 802/18/2013

There's hilariously pointless bitchy, and then there's just smelly and cunty. r2, I'm afraid you fall into the latter category.

If you're going to be a bitch, great--but you've got to be funny about it too or you're just nasty.

by Squeakyreply 902/18/2013

No they should not. And I also propose elimination of apostrophes altogether as the next big internet meme.

by Squeakyreply 1002/18/2013

They probably shouldn't have unfiltered access, but I think they should have it - keeps them occupied and out of conflict with other inmates.

I never understand people who give a shit if prisoners have creature comforts like internet, TV, etc. Give them gourmet food for all I care. They're in fucking prison - they're controlled by the State. They have to do as they're told when they're. TV and internet isn't going to make that situation luxurious. Loss of liberty seems like enough to me, in most instances.

by Squeakyreply 1102/18/2013

Prisoners do have access. Airlines and other customer service lines have been in-sourced to prisons. Cheaper than India!

by Squeakyreply 1202/18/2013

The U.S. prison system is based on a punitive effort. Some programs in Nordic countries look at it from a more behavioral perspective and their outcomes are BETTER than ours.

by Squeakyreply 1302/18/2013

OP, many prisons allow prisoners to have TVs in their cells. Is that really worse than allowing Internet access? I would assume that said access is severely limited, much like it is at public libraries, with many sites blocked off. They might even be limited to using e-mail and/or research tools for filing appeals in their convictions.

by Squeakyreply 1402/18/2013

What is going through the heads of these women who deliberately seek out imprisoned criminal pen pals? Is it the bad boy attraction or some kind of misguided notion that their "special love" can transform a man for the better?

by Squeakyreply 1502/18/2013

"I never understand people who give a shit if prisoners have creature comforts like internet, TV, etc. Give them gourmet food for all I care. They're in fucking prison - they're controlled by the State. They have to do as they're told when they're. TV and internet isn't going to make that situation luxurious. Loss of liberty seems like enough to me, in most instances."

God, you're a fucking idiot. Prison is supposed to be a form of punishment, and being confined to a luxury hotel with internet, tv, gourmet food, massages (I'm sure you think criminals deserve those, too) and conjugal visits (deprive them of sex?! Oh, what cruelty!) doesn't seem like a bad life at all. Hell, a lot of people would LOVE to be in prison if it were that cushy and comfortable.

As for them having internet access...well, criminals can do all kinds of illegal things with internet access. They should not be allowed to have it; it just gives them opportunity to commit more crimes.

Elmer Wayne Henley was the teenage accomplice of Dean Corll, the Texas homosexual serial killer with a taste for young boys. Henley would lure teenagers as young as 13 (some of them were his childhood friends) to Corll's lair with promises of a good time; there they would be handcuffed spread-eageled to a plywood board, where they would be raped and tortured before being murdered. Henley helped dispose of the bodies. There were at least 27 victims, probably more. Somehow Wayne Henley got himself a page on Facebook! It's speculated that one of his groupies (yes, this serial killer has groupies) managed to put up the Facebook page for him. Due to the understandable outcry, it was taken down. A serial killer communicating and making "friends" on Facebook...that is SICK.

by Squeakyreply 1602/18/2013

No internet.

No TV

No Movies.

Just books. Lots of books.

by Squeakyreply 1702/18/2013

[quote]Genius @[R2], the OP used an apostrophe but just in the wrong place. (OP, it should've gone after the "s" and not before)

Good lord, you are even dumber than the OP. You thought this shit through, and still came up with a dead-wrong answer.

by Squeakyreply 1802/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.