Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best Man at a Gay Wedding

This is my first time out as a Best Man.

Any suggestions for a bachelor party?

A stripper 'surprise' is such a cliche. (trust me I know)

Other ideas?

It's a whole new genre.

by Anonymousreply 4802/28/2013

OP how long have you known the groom? What type of personality is he? His likes/dislikes?

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

We have known one another for 11 years. He likes everything...travel, good food, junk food, working out, etc.

Very little he does not embrace with enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

...I also do no know the protocol.

I assume this is to be a hosted event and I pay for it, so it has to align with my budget or

Do I ask other guests to contribute?

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

OP who are you taking to the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

Will both grooms attend the bachelor party? Is it an all-male guest list? Will it be an all-gay/gay friendly crowd? I know they're obviously gay friendly if they're invited, but will some be put off by an "intensely gay" night with male strippers, drunken PDAs, the possibility of getting hit on at exclusively gay venues?

And, of course...what is the groom like? That's really what you should be asking yourself: what would he want. A quiet evening with the guys, say like a poker night with a catered dinner and top shelf booze? Or a dinner out at an expensive restaurant followed by a pro sports event or a show? Would he enjoy a stripper or be embarrassed? Is he the type to want a night of club-hopping and heavy drinking? Does he even want a bachelor party? Even some straight guys are forgoing them these days.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

Book the sling room at Midtowne or Steamworks in advance, it fills up early.

Kidding.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

[quote] Very little he does not embrace with enthusiasm.

Is your friend's name Yoda by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

It should be a fun night out and yet test your groom-to-be's limits for the very last time in regards of sexual pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

It's a Best Man's duty at a gay wedding always to carry lube with him for the grooms, in case the officiant calls for Surprise Anal.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

Vegas, baby!

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

Daisy chain!

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2013

Marathon Downton Abbey party, catered by Galloping Gourmet

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2013

The groom will have a mixed guest list, not all gay, a lot of women.

I would not hire a stripper.

I did ask the groom what he would want and he said.

'No cheesy stripper, you're creative, think of something that's never been done before.'

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

Hell. The best thing about gay weddings is the bachelor party. Plan a Porky Pig party--where all present are bottomless. Hire a couple of hot rent boys to goose up the action. And enjoy the bacchanal.

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2013

Do you have an architecturally significant house that many of the groom's friends would enjoy mingling at? Perhaps a simple house party would be a nice thought. Consider springing for that Ray Kappe. Namaste!

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2013

Why don't the gays start putting some taste and refinement into these tacky and disgusting affairs?

Brunch!

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2013

[quote]'No cheesy stripper, you're creative, think of something that's never been done before.'

Sounds like a total douche. I would do the exact opposite and make it the cheesiest bachelor party ever. You are friends after all so he should take a joke from his best man who pays for the whole thing himself.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013

Spa day, followed by a brief wine tasting, followed by a gourmet meal. Take some time to freshen up, and then off to something special the groom likes (a midnight showing of Rocky Horror, a bar with live music, a game of midnight frisbee golf in the park).

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2013

OP how long has the groom been with his fiancee?

Are u as close to the fiancee as you are to the groom?

by Anonymousreply 1902/15/2013

R18

To me that sounds dreadful and something for a 50+ not a 30 year old.

by Anonymousreply 2002/15/2013

R19 they have been together two years.

I do not know the gent terribly well but rather from group events.

He will not be at the bachelor party, he has his own best man and will have his own event.

by Anonymousreply 2102/15/2013

I don't understand why there are two separate bachelor parties. Wouldn't it make more sense to have one, sort of like a rehearsal dinner, combine resources.

Just throw a dinner party, buffet style.

by Anonymousreply 2202/15/2013

btw two years is kinda of quick. Shouldn't they be living together first?

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2013

R22 R23

Both of those decisions were made by them. It is not my place to question either two parties or how long one must be with someone before marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2402/15/2013

You forgot the visit to the doctor to get their dicks cut off, R18.

by Anonymousreply 2502/15/2013

Take him to a straight strip club. You know, like the straight fraus who invade gay clubs on their hens nights, ruining pretty much every bar in the city.

by Anonymousreply 2602/15/2013

Take em all over to a gym for mixed volleyball (win a point, you drink) then to a restaurant for al fresco dining and a pinata filled with condoms, edible underwear, dildos, leather gear; then to a private swimming pool where everyone can skinnydip, reminisce about the old days, and listen to a mix tape geared specifically to his taste. If you're rich, a segway hour for everyone to tool around to start it off, or a cooking lesson.

by Anonymousreply 2702/15/2013

I arranged one that was a lot of fun.

I contacted a straight caterer about doing it and asked about entertainment.

He booked us a stand up comic who was very funny and very gay friendly who happend also to be hot.

He worked the groom into his routine very well, got a lot of applause, came back, took a bow and ripped his trousers off. He was commando.

He stood, smiled threw the trousers over his back and walked back slowly to the bedroom/dressing room.

Just the right touch, classy and a nice cock shot.

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2013

A Broadway show and dinner at Sardi's.

by Anonymousreply 2902/15/2013

I'm telling you--brunch in the evening! It's just one day. Why not go wild?

by Anonymousreply 3002/15/2013

Wow brunch would be wild.

by Anonymousreply 3102/15/2013

[quote]I'm telling you--brunch in the evening! It's just one day. Why not go wild?

Dare we serve... pancakes? Ohmygod it's so decadent!

by Anonymousreply 3202/15/2013

Have everyone say their best ribald limerick. Hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 3302/16/2013

So really...it seems most of you are lamer at this than I am.

by Anonymousreply 3402/16/2013

This will not end well!

by Anonymousreply 3502/16/2013

You'll have to bottom for both grooms. You know how this is supposed to work.

by Anonymousreply 3602/16/2013

How do you know R35?

by Anonymousreply 3702/16/2013

I found this on twitter....worth a phone call.

by Anonymousreply 3802/16/2013

So did you ever decide what you are doing?

I want an update.

by Anonymousreply 3902/26/2013

Why are you having women at a bachelor party? If you are emulating straight traditions, then it should only be men.

What kind of budget do you have? I've been to bachelor parties (gay and straight) where we split the food/bar tab but the host arranged and paid for any additional entertainment and transportation.

by Anonymousreply 4002/26/2013

R39 I still have not decided for sure....but I am working with a party planner.

We are having women at the party because the guest of honor wants them there R40.

by Anonymousreply 4102/26/2013

I like women at parties...if there is entertainment they will scream and go wild giving the men permission to let loose.

by Anonymousreply 4202/28/2013

What city are you in OP? What is the weather like?

by Anonymousreply 4302/28/2013

Weekend in Provincetown?

by Anonymousreply 4402/28/2013

Also, how many people will attend the party?

by Anonymousreply 4502/28/2013

R38, that's that guy who wrote the cool blog about eating for $2 a day! he's HOT!

by Anonymousreply 4602/28/2013

I did not realize that...

Did you read the about section?

It was touching. Is he gay, or just a big advocate?

I don't think it was 2 a day...I remember the thread...sure it was more, but not sure exactly how much.

by Anonymousreply 4702/28/2013

This must be him from twitter...

@GayBachelrparty

by Anonymousreply 4802/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.