Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Now that I turned 30 and am obsessed with applying eye cream...

Which one do I use? Which one do I use? balms, serum, creams, etc. There are so many products and things to think about, I'm not sure.

The way I see it, there are three factors working against us: Wrinkles (crows feet), Dark circles and Puffiness. Puffiness I feel like is genetic and cannot be countered as easily, so are most creams supposed to help with both dark circles and wrinkles?

I hear that use of preventative creams can decrease wrinkles by 20% in later age. So should I go with a retinol cream (which my dermatologist sells in her office)? A counter lady at Bloomingdale's recommended that I use the Lancome Genifique since I do not have many wrinkles to fill in yet, rather than a regenerating cream I guess; I don't think these Genifique products have retinol.

And then there are those that say that any pharmacy cream will do and it's not necessary to spend $ on the brands.

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

Bullshit works well. And you seem to have an ample supply.

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It's the official masque of Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

you're an idiot

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

OP, you're the OP of the office pizza thread, yes? I could tell.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

Olay products are wonderful. But all the creams in the world will not substitute for proper hydration, vitamins and A good diet. Amoking & Alcohol are the worst thing for your skin, too.

You can tell the people who binge on fast food, or eat way too much processed foods, or red meat, and there's a reason we call it "carb face." What you put in your body is just as important as what you smear on it. So get obssessed with that too.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

As a heavy amoker, I find that olive oil is the best under eye treatment.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

R6 Thank you for that tip! I've been doing it this week and yowza! Love it. (I added a bit of Aloe Gel to help it absorb)

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

a good night's sleep is the best tool in your makeup kit, op.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

Give it up honey, you're going to die one day and rot away just like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

Do these stupid creams really work?

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

R10, well that was the point of the question I guess

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

I had an eye job 15 years ago and wish I'd done it sooner. Bags were removed and loose skin tightened. I never had eyelids because of crepe-iness (sp?). Eyelids restored.

Don't waste your money on lotions and potions. They don't work. I know from experience. People at work used to ask me if I'd been out late or tell me I looked exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

r12 how much did that surgery cost you?

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

Same here, R12, but my upper and lower bleph was at 35 and I'm 41 in April. I've had a few ablative fractionated CO2 laser treatments, too.

I would heartily suggest to the OP to begin using a retinoid--not retinol. A retinoid is a prescription product such as Tazorac or even Retin-A. Over the counter products are bullshit and do nothing but drain your wallet.

And the biggest thing that anyone can do to preserve their skin is daily application of a sunscreen. I had really bad acne as a kid and I've been using Retin-A for a long ass time. Every derm I've ever been to claims that my long term use of a retinoid in concert with a sunscreen is the reason my skin looks better than most people's.

And diet is essential. You can spend shit-tons of money on surgery but if you're not eating right and exercising, forget it.

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

M-A-R-Y

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.