Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Azealia Banks Calls 'Harlem Shake' Artist a Gay Slur, Reignites Beef With Perez Hilton

Azealia Banks Calls 'Harlem Shake' Artist a Gay Slur, Reignites Beef With Perez Hilton

FEBRUARY 15, 2013 | 10:45AM EST

Azealia Banks reignited her Twitter beef with blogger Perez Hilton -- after starting a new one with "Harlem Shake" musician Baauer -- on Thursday night by calling each the gay slur that got the outspoken rapper into trouble last month.

Banks, who started off the year by branding Hilton a "messy faggot," initially took to Twitter to respond to Baauer, who tried to block her remix of his surprise hit "Harlem Shake." She responded to the Mad Decent artist by calling him a "pussy" and stating that he doesnt "belong in hip-hop."

After musician Brillz wrote that they were "too busy making tunes for u to steal tho," the Harlem native fired back, "you guys are all fagots May you drown in faggotry."

It was then that Hilton jumped into the ring, writing, "Classy as always! How does it feel to be better known for all your trash-talking than your music, Azealia? #TeamBauuer." After going back and forth, she wrote an unpublishable dig at Hilton that included the word "faggot" and later followed with the homophobic epithet once more.

Banks, who came under fire from GLAAD in early January, ended her Twitter rampage with a few tweets addressing those who were offended by her using the word. "Here we go again. Everyone pretending to be so shocked and moved by the word faggot," she wrote. "It's like society is so bored with itself it needs to hold on to these outdated rules of what you can say and cannot say. Why has society accepted 'nigger' As a colloquialism ... But will not accept 'faggot'? Everyones always acting like its fucking 1905 in this bitch."

The Interscope signee is currently prepping the release of her oft-delayed full-length debut "Broke With Expensive Taste," which is currently without a release date.

by Anonymousreply 12502/21/2013

The Harlem Shake is over 3 years old. The internet is really really really behind on that dance.

I don't understand why it is suddenly popular. Could is be another sign of whites co-opting something that Black folk have known about and stopped using for years?

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

OK, I'm done with her.

212 was awesome, but she hasn't done a fucking thing since that doesn't involved stealing someone else's shit, and she's a dumb idiot if she thinks using the word "faggot" is OK.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

Who is "Azealia Banks" and why is she registering on anybody's radar?

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

[quote]The Interscope signee...

Refuse to buy anything on that label until they drop her. This asshole should've been dropped a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

[quote]Banks, who started off the year by branding Hilton a "messy faggot,"

"Messy" is the best possible word to describe Perez.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

Hoodrat needs slapped down.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

Azealia Banks is a nasty ass, ghetto trash bitch.

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

Combatting homophobia with classism achieves nothing. "Hoodrat": Elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

Right. Suddenly were all fans of Perez in here.

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

R12 Please tweet that's she a "nigger." Go on. Dare ya.

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

r11, no he's not. He's telling the truth. Ghetto trash is not everyone in the community.

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2013

r1, isn't that true of most American culture?

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2013

She's going to end up losing a lot of fans if she keeps this bullshit up. This is strike two for me. But maybe she thinks she can say it because she's a lesbian or at least bi. Oh and I hate pig nosed Perez.

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2013

Oh and she's not ghetto. She's more hipster than ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013

She's not ghetto or from "the hood" AT ALL. She had a good spoiled middle class upbringing, she's now trying to act tough and street.

She's dull and generic as fuck. Her only fans are pathetic white blogger kids. She's kissed a couple of girls in clubs and suddenly she's bi and can use the word 'faggot' whenever she wants. Typical 21 year old. ZZZZZ.

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2013

r17, regardless she's acting ghetto bump her credibility since her career is failing.

In a way, that's even worse than actually being a hoodrat.

by Anonymousreply 1902/15/2013

[quote]She's going to end up losing a lot of fans if she keeps this bullshit up. This is strike two for me. But maybe she thinks she can say it because she's a lesbian or at least bi.

You're a dumbass. How many times does someone have to say "faggot" before you get the hint that they don't like you? You should have been done with her after the first "strike".

And please - this bitch is not lesbian or bi. She's just one of those faux-bi hos who thinks pretending to be bi makes them edgy and cool.

by Anonymousreply 2102/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 2202/15/2013

Once she got away with it the first time it opened up the doors for her to use it again and again. Azealia Banks is an anti-gay bigot. No doubt that word has been a frequently word in her vocabulary for a long time. It was only a matter of time before we all knew. And to think she was promoted on gay websites.

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2013

We need a thread with the best Harlem Shake videos. It is the meme of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 2502/15/2013

She's a cunt. I still can't believe Interscope hasn't dropped her yet.

I wonder if a white artist through the N word around to insult people, how that would go over

by Anonymousreply 2602/15/2013

Tomato/Tomahto

Macaque/Hamadryas

by Anonymousreply 2702/15/2013

For R25:

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2013

And please - this bitch is not lesbian or bi. She's just one of those faux-bi hos who thinks pretending to be bi makes them edgy and cool."

she is bi trust me!! it's actually very uncool to be bi for women so they say they are straight but like pussy too

by Anonymousreply 2902/15/2013

I'm sick of all this ghetto trash in music.

by Anonymousreply 3102/15/2013

Oh shut up gramps.

by Anonymousreply 3202/15/2013

R1 different Harlem Shake

by Anonymousreply 3302/15/2013

[quote] The Interscope signee is currently prepping the release of her oft-delayed full-length debut "Broke With Expensive Taste," which is currently without a release date.

Translation: Bitch is looking for another song to steal.

212 was lifted from a Lazy Jay song. He ended up letting her use it for a piece of the pie.

In another song she swiped a backing track. That guy shut a bitch down and she had to withdraw the single release.

I realize that rap takes samples and makes them something else - that's not the issue. The issue is that she's been bold at doing it without permission.

by Anonymousreply 3402/15/2013

R35, ROCKS!!!

by Anonymousreply 3602/15/2013

Here come the black posters with their relative opinions. If black celebrity X does something then it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 3702/15/2013

R37, IS An elitist racist who can't stand his "negro" acting all "independent"

by Anonymousreply 3802/15/2013

And it gets worse....

by Anonymousreply 3902/15/2013

[quote]How can it be a homophobic slur if she's a dyke?!

Because a dyke is not a faggot, and she's not a dyke. She's also using the slur to equate male homosexuals as week.

by Anonymousreply 4002/15/2013

r24/r30/r35 = F&F every last one of them, and get the trash out of here!

r29/r36/r38 = same moron. F&F

by Anonymousreply 4102/15/2013

She's already over. She's going the way of "Gucci Gucci" Kreayshawn. Azealia is done.

by Anonymousreply 4202/15/2013

R41, it's interesting how you don't F&F R37. In another thread someone said that there is no such thing as a gay community but rather there are gay communities. He/She is right, and this board proves that point over and over again. Also, you have a very warped idea about how the F&F function works.

by Anonymousreply 4402/15/2013

Can't have it both ways this is like BP getting angry about a WP calling them nigga but they use it all the time in rap.

I'm so sick of hypocrites gay straight black or white. Can't go to the Castro without hearing twinks scream faggot to each other but will march and protest if a str8 does the same.

I don't care for her or Perez, either.

by Anonymousreply 4502/15/2013

Any enemy of Perez is a friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 4602/15/2013

[quote]She's a cunt. I still can't believe Interscope hasn't dropped her yet.

The best thing we can do is refuse to buy any of their products until they get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 4702/16/2013

F&F the Uncle Toms and straight up (no pun) trolls in here. There's no defending her. The gay community has now boycotted her. Her career is officially fucked. She was a nobody on the verge of possibly being somebody, and now she blew it. Maybe shes a crackhead. The media is running with this. She was on thin ice the last time she opened her putrid mouth. Interscope will be demanding a public apology be made. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 4802/16/2013

r45 is right. And if she's a lez lez doesn't she have the right to use that word? She's part of the comm.

by Anonymousreply 4902/16/2013

Her fanbase largely consists of gay bottoms so I don't know why she's so intent on career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 5002/16/2013

"Why has society accepted 'nigger' As a colloquialism ... But will not accept 'faggot'?"

Well 'nigger' is generally only acceptable when said by a black person. And it makes sense, too - as a general rule, a black person using this word is not going to be using it in a racist manner. She's not a camp gay man so she cannot use faggot. 212 was fabulous but she seems like a dickhead otherwise

by Anonymousreply 5102/16/2013

I'm sorry but only low class black people use the word nigga. I guess you could say black trash.

by Anonymousreply 5202/16/2013

" I'm black AND gay and I can say whatever the fuck I want to."

Yes, we all know you. You're the one who thinks he's living in a music video and all eyes turn as you walk into a bar, only everyone hates you because you're a violent angry snap queen who always goes home alone.

Hopefully Azalea's shitty plagiarized "music" will keep you company at night.

by Anonymousreply 5302/16/2013

Yoo stooopid!

by Anonymousreply 5402/16/2013

Gwyneth Paltrow said "Niggas in Paris" on her fucking twitter. And Jay&B are still her BFF.

by Anonymousreply 5502/16/2013

She wasnt calling anyone a nigga. She was referring to the name of the song, what else was she supposed to call it?

by Anonymousreply 5602/16/2013

Black people don 't use the word "nigga." They sometimes say "nigga," but definitely not "nigger." Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 5702/16/2013

When you see this kind of "discussion" on a very liberal message board, you realize that this country has a long way to go.

by Anonymousreply 5802/16/2013

meh..White folks just discovered the Harlem Shake boy

by Anonymousreply 5902/16/2013

To the extent that there's SUPPOSED to be free speech in this country (which is perhaps different from speaking freely), I would submit that ANYONE can say "nigger." Or "faggot."

Just won't be very popular.

by Anonymousreply 6002/16/2013

Oh, yes. Just try typing eff--- on this website.

Free speech? BS.

by Anonymousreply 6202/16/2013

R35, you tell them sistah!

by Anonymousreply 6302/16/2013

Christ drama queen/R41. My post at R24 was speaking in general, I couldn't care less about Azealia Banks. People will continue to use offensive slurs because of people like you. Your whole world collapses because someone dared to use the forbidden word.

by Anonymousreply 6502/16/2013

the funny thing is, most people will only know this cunt for being a cunt. she saw that she got a lot of attention from being a homophobic bitch, so she did it again.

Nobody with any taste listens to that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6602/16/2013

Who the hell is Azealia Banks?

by Anonymousreply 6702/16/2013

AT LEAST SHE STICKS UP TO PEREZ, HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OTHER CELEBRITY STICK UP TO THAT BRIDGE TROLL?

No. You have not. She has balls and perez deserved a piece of his own hate.

I will buy enough of her CDs to make up for all of you idiots who also use this word all the time. Hypocrites, the lot!

If you all will not stand up to this awful person named Perez, then don't bitch about it when somebody else does. She's doing all of our jobs for us

RESPECT!

by Anonymousreply 6802/16/2013

R35, we do have to agree that you identified yourself accurately.

by Anonymousreply 7102/16/2013

whoa R69! dude like chill!

by Anonymousreply 7202/16/2013

Let's just hope R69 is not armed.

by Anonymousreply 7302/16/2013

[quote]AT LEAST SHE STICKS UP TO PEREZ, HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OTHER CELEBRITY STICK UP TO THAT BRIDGE TROLL?

This isn't about Perez dumbass. This is about how this hoodrat CUNT thinks it's OK to call people "faggots". Did you not read that she also called someone else that? It's obvious this is a common word in her vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 7402/16/2013

My sister who professes she is okay with the whole gay agenda uses the word "faggot" aaaalllll the time. She ususally glances at me to see my reaction and I pretend like I didn't hear her.

I don't want to say anything because I don't want any arguments with her.

by Anonymousreply 7502/16/2013

[quote]I don't want to say anything because I don't want any arguments with her.

That's how people get away with this shit - silence is acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 7602/16/2013

Calling someone a hoodrat is different because_____.

Face it, she called out Perez and nobody else has.

LONG LIVE AZEALIA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7702/16/2013

I think she's out of line. But I love her music.

by Anonymousreply 7802/16/2013

[quote]People will continue to use offensive slurs because of people like you.

F&F

by Anonymousreply 7902/16/2013

[quote]FINALLY! Somebody is not a pussy when it comes to perez. I hope she eats him alive and chews on his bones.

She's trashing Perez by trashing you. Brava.

by Anonymousreply 8002/16/2013

[quote]Face it, she called out Perez and nobody else has.

You're too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 8202/16/2013

Well Perez is clearly posting here, in all his unhinged glory Bullies always get there's in the end. There are about a dozen people waiting for cover like this to close the deal.

by Anonymousreply 8302/16/2013

well duh

by Anonymousreply 8402/16/2013

[quote]To the extent that there's SUPPOSED to be free speech in this country

Free speech only means government prosecution for it, and the government can lock you up for threatening the president.

You're as dumb as Banks. You can go around saying whatever you want without repercussions, and the flack she's getting is from other people exercising their speech. Banks can and probably will be fired for her hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 8502/16/2013

[quote]When you see this kind of "discussion" on a very liberal message board, you realize that this country has a long way to go.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY!

by Anonymousreply 8602/16/2013

That't s not "MARY|! at all R86.

Anyways what does it searve her to be so homophobic all the time. Why is she doing this, what does she gain from it.

I have never heard her music and don't plan to

by Anonymousreply 8702/16/2013

Shes not trashing me, r80, nor was she trashing anybody but bridge troll and somebody else who is not you.

Don't take it so personally. She doesn't even know you and couldn't care less about you or your sexual preference.

And for the last time, F&F doesn't work. It's a fake button for control freaks who want to decide everyone's thoughts for them.

by Anonymousreply 8802/16/2013

Interesting thread. While we are here, I want to clear something up. So it's not OK for a lesbian/bi woman to use the word faggot, but it's perfectly fine for gay men to use the words, cunt, frau, dyke or bull dyke, correct?

by Anonymousreply 8902/16/2013

Thread closed!

by Anonymousreply 9102/16/2013

What? There are still no Harlem Shake video threads on DL?

by Anonymousreply 9302/17/2013

"Don't take it so personally. She doesn't even know you and couldn't care less about you or your sexual preference.

And for the last time, F&F doesn't work. It's a fake button for control freaks who want to decide everyone's thoughts for them."

No, but trolldar works, cunt flap. And you're obviously HIGHly invested in defending this no-talent cunt.

You're also utterly deranged like any other dipshit cunt fanbot who thinks s/he KNOWS what the cunt is thinking.

She's a gay-baiting plagiarist.

And you're a useless blabbering sack of flesh.

Thread NOT closed, cuntlette! YOU are the control freak, cunt-troll-freak.

Because obviously your crack binge has not abated, and you will continue to make an even bigger ass of yourself by defending this cunt.

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9402/18/2013

hottie in a jock strap at 1:59:

by Anonymousreply 9502/18/2013

She's still a no-talent cuntress

by Anonymousreply 9602/19/2013

"so many PC robots here"

As opposed to a deranged pro-violence psychotic like you, right?

by Anonymousreply 9702/19/2013

Her career is flushed now.

by Anonymousreply 9902/19/2013

98, what a terrible thing to type!

Gangrape is one word!

by Anonymousreply 10002/19/2013

"hope he gets aids!"

Typed like a true semi-literate anti-gay Banks fan.

by Anonymousreply 10202/20/2013

So lousy, so nasty, so bitter... t

by Anonymousreply 10302/20/2013

[quote]Words are words. I could give a shit who says what, and I'm sick of messy white queens getting offended when someone says faggot. Both nigger and faggot are in my vocabulary. I'm black AND gay and I can say whatever the fuck I want to. I don't generally use "nigger" as a slur but do say "nigga" sometimes, but I am quick to call a faggot a faggot when he's acting like a messy fucking faggot.

I'm white and gay and I don't use any of those words. I'm also an adult who doesn't need to call people names to make a point. Because, you see, I DO give a shit.

Maybe you should too.

by Anonymousreply 10402/20/2013

Well, I black and gay and I agree with you R104. The person you were responding to needs to grow up, and he/she is also in need of some medication.

by Anonymousreply 10502/20/2013

We have no doubt that Ms. Banks enjoys lots and lots of "medication."

by Anonymousreply 10602/20/2013

Why, yes! I see your point!

Those thousands of gay people who have been violently assaulted are just too sensitive! They need to toughen up like the oh so erudite Azalia Banks fans!

Tough it up, faggot!

by Anonymousreply 10902/20/2013

so, by extension, in your grand wisdom, freedom of hate speech should extend to spray-painting FAGGOT on someone's house, because, as you claim, "it ain't nuthin" and peeps jez need ta chill out, right?

It's just expressing oneself!

Right?

Don't get all "PC" about it, y'all!

Right?

You stupid shit.

I hope somebody violently assaults you, and soon.

by Anonymousreply 11102/20/2013

Please just ignore this dumb attention-seeking asshole. She's got no talent, so she thinks being "controversial" will get her some press. So far, it's worked. How about we stop even discussing her and let her fade back into obsurity where she belongs?

by Anonymousreply 11202/20/2013

"Many straights biggest complaint about gays is they are too sensitive and so quick to call people a homophobe"

This, from the same psychotic frau who also typed:

"hope he gets aids!"

Gosh, we really ought to behave the way YOU want us, to, huh, frau? Otherwise we'll all get "aids" (sic.)

by Anonymousreply 11302/20/2013

I understand the whole thing about not giving words so much power, but your approach is all wrong. I think the fear is that hate speech has the potential to incite violence.

I do agree that we shouldn't give words so much power; however, our society has not reached the point to where we can let hate speech slide. Words have the potential incite terrible violence. I do think that she should be ignored, she's getting way too much attention from this dust up.

by Anonymousreply 11702/20/2013

R117 was for R107. I forgot to address it correctly, sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 11902/21/2013

Psychotic frau, please do kill yourself.

In your case, it gets worse.

by Anonymousreply 12102/21/2013

[quote]I can say whatever the fuck I want to.

And pay the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 12202/21/2013

[quote]Black people learned a long fucking time ago to not make a federal case whenever someone says "nigger" or "nigga."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The funniest post I've ever read on here.

My god, you must be extremely sheltered.

by Anonymousreply 12302/21/2013

[quote]Gays need to be careful that we don't become the thought police and start wagging our fingers at everyone. It's gonna get really old really quickly, and it's gonna dilute our message when we need to attack REAL homophobic situations out there.

Congrats, you just got flagged.

by Anonymousreply 12402/21/2013

r124, why? You PC queen

by Anonymousreply 12502/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.